FOX's January Lineup - Latest

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-30-04, 04:17 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didn't see this latest info posted yet...

From http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...084|1|,00.html

'Simple Life,' New Dramas Fill FOX's January Slate
(Tuesday, November 30 11:52 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Two new dramas, a handful of returning shows and "American Idol" will hit the airwaves when FOX remakes its schedule yet again in January.

The network's Saturday and Sunday won't change from what they are now in January. Every other night of the week, however, will feature at least one change when the calendar turns to 2005.

In addition to the previously announced premieres of "24" and "Idol," FOX will bring "The Bernie Mac Show" back to the network, albeit in a different timeslot -- 8 p.m. ET Fridays. A new edition of "The Simple Life" is also set to premiere in January; it will air at 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, leading into the "Idol" results show.
The new dramas are "Jonny Zero," about an ex-con turned private eye, and "Point Pleasant," a supernatural soap with elements of "Twin Peaks," "Salem's Lot" and maybe a little "Rosemary's Baby" from former "Buffy" writer Marti Noxon. It will follow "The O.C." on Thursdays starting Jan. 20, after "North Shore" concludes its season. "Jonny Zero" will air at 9 p.m. Fridays starting Jan. 14.

The scheduling of "Point Pleasant" is likely another nail in the coffin of "Tru Calling," which was originally scheduled for Thursdays in the fall, then bumped to "later this season" in favor of "North Shore."

The network also says that the comedy "Life on a Stick," starring Zachary Knighton and Amy Yasbeck, will debut in March. It's likely to get a Wednesday-night berth.

Following is FOX's weekday schedule for January; the Saturday and Sunday schedules are unchanged. Changes are noted in bold (all times Eastern):

Monday

8 p.m. "Trading Spouses"
9 p.m. "24" (two-hour premiere Sunday, Jan. 9; time-period premiere Jan. 10)

Tuesday

8 p.m. "American Idol" (premieres Jan. 18)
9 p.m. "House"

Wednesday

8 p.m. "That '70s Show"
8:30 p.m. "The Simple Life 3: Interns" (premieres Jan. 26)
9 p.m. "American Idol" (premieres Jan. 19; one-hour episodes through February)

Thursday

8 p.m. "The O.C."
9 p.m. "Point Pleasant" (premieres Jan. 20)

Friday

8 p.m. "The Bernie Mac Show" (premieres Jan. 14)
8:30 p.m. "The Bernie Mac Show" (encore episodes)
9 p.m. "Jonny Zero" (premieres Jan. 14)
I hate to hear this about Tru, although I actually think Point PLeasant sounds interesting, which combined with the time slot means it will be cancelled after three episodes. Looks like they're killing off Bernie Mac as well.
Old 11-30-04, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where is American Dad?
Old 11-30-04, 04:30 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Supposedly, it will be on Sunday at 9:30 (8:30 C) despite the fact that the article says "The network's Saturday and Sunday won't change from what they are now in January. "

Here it what I assume is the "old lineup" (since Tru Calling is still listed and Bernie Mac is still listed as being Wednesday.
http://www.fox.com/schedule/schedule_2005_jan.htm

It has Sunday as being:

7:00 p.m. Kelsey Grammer: The Sketch Show
7:30 p.m. King of the Hill
8:00 p.m. The Simpsons
8:30 p.m. Malcolm in the Middle
9:00 p.m. Arrested Development
9:30 p.m. American Dad
Old 11-30-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Damn, if American Dad is actually funny, Fox might have the best night of TV on Sundays.
Old 11-30-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: FOX's January Lineup - Latest

Originally posted by DRG
Didn't see this latest info posted yet...
In addition to the previously announced premieres of "24" and "Idol," FOX will bring "The Bernie Mac Show" back to the network, albeit in a different timeslot -- 8 p.m. ET Fridays. A new edition of "The Simple Life" is also set to premiere in January; it will air at 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, leading into the "Idol" results show.
Jesus Christ. Just fucking cancel Bernie already. Stupid FOX.

However, i'm SO glad there'll be a new edition of "the Simple Life". That show's, like, hot.
Old 11-30-04, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
a 1 hour AI result show for Feb sweeps. ughhhh! I know people are going to watch this drivel over say House or wonderfalls but damn if they aren't milking this. After last season's duckaton with Fantasia, there better be something interesting i.e. face/voice makeover for Fantasia, Ruben goes on the biggest loser and Clay joins the cast of queer eye. *shaking fist into the air*
Old 11-30-04, 08:40 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Great, looks like Tru is gone. Hopefully we will get a DVD of the 6 unaired episodes.
Old 12-01-04, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So the Rebel Billionaire will be finished by December?
Old 12-01-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F*#KING FOX! Tru Calling was one of their best shows and it was just getting REAL interesting at the end of the season there.
Old 12-01-04, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: Re: FOX's January Lineup - Latest

Originally posted by Rogue588
However, i'm SO glad there'll be a new edition of "the Simple Life". That show's, like, hot. [/B]
I don't share your enthusiasm for this show. I do not find Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie attractive at all.
Old 12-01-04, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
That sucks.
Old 12-01-04, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Wathing Tru Calling the second time through on DVD, I found myself more frustrated that I expected about the fact that it almost certainly won't return. The way they talked about the 2nd season in the commentaries, it was going to kick some serious ass.

Still, I have to think that it's not a coincidence that there's no official announcement and the DVDs were just released. I suspect some bean counter is keeping an eye on those sales before making the final decision.

das
Old 12-01-04, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Still, I have to think that it's not a coincidence that there's no official announcement and the DVDs were just released. I suspect some bean counter is keeping an eye on those sales before making the final decision.
I definitely think that is going to become more prominent, though not nearly as prominent as it is becoming in the motion picture industry.
Old 12-01-04, 12:03 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
So the Rebel Billionaire will be finished by December?
Futon Critic has the two-hour finale listed as 1/11/2005, with Idol starting the following week.
Old 12-01-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Okey-dokey!
Old 12-01-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thank you god..24 is back.
Old 12-01-04, 04:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Apparently I'm out of the loop.... what happened to the Family Guy?
Old 12-02-04, 09:07 AM

Family Guy premieres Thursday May 5th.
Old 12-03-04, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn Jan. 14th for the new Bernie Mac episodes. Long wait for a great show.
Old 12-03-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Thursday

8 p.m. "The O.C."
9 p.m. "Point Pleasant" (premieres Jan. 20)

from USA TODAY:

Television
'Point Pleasant' is devilishly intriguing

A new Fox show may be the intriguing East Coast answer to sexy West Coast soap The O.C.

Point Pleasant, which premieres Jan. 20 (9 p.m. ET/PT), right after The O.C., is set in another O.C. — Ocean County, N.J. There's a cute lifeguard, a handsome doctor, a hot-to-trot mother, flaring tensions and secret lust, all in a quaint town on the Jersey shore. But Pleasant, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer executive producer Marti Noxon, along with exec producers Marty Adelstein and Dawn Parouse, offers more: a supernatural twist.

"From the moment we pitched it, we've thought of it as Rosemary's Baby meets Peyton Place or Rosemary's Baby meets The O.C.," Parouse says. The point of paranormal Point: "In pretty places, dark secrets can happen." But it won't be over the top, she says. "There's nothing campy about it."

Newcomer star Elisabeth Harnois plays angelic but dangerous Christina Nickson. When she shows up, strange things start happening. The daughter of a wealthy New Yorker, she decides to stay awhile and look for the mother she never knew, who happens to have been from Point Pleasant. What does she find out? She has never known her "real" father either — because he's the devil. Look for Grant Show in the role of Satan's henchman.

— Ann Oldenburg