Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Shows that made no sense

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-04, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
On "Friends", Rachel went from a coffee house waitress with no work experience to an executive at Ralph Lauren within five years.
That's an easy one; Because she's FEAKIN" HOT!
Old 11-29-04, 06:09 PM

How about "Gentle Ben?" Why didn't that bear just eat the face off that boy and run back into the Glades? It's a wild bear for Pete's sake!
Old 11-29-04, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A-Team being the happy never kill merc team.. Being at no time did they ever just full on merc up and "Arrrrggg I pity the fool!!! [crack, breaks guys neck]. etc etc.. How many times can you shoot at but never hit anyone? How many times can you get shot at but never be hit? How can BA blend in ANYWHERE with 500 pounds of gold plate, a mohawk etc etc.. Of course as a kid I had no issue with any of that..

Alias.. Love the show but Dixion going from merc on the "bad guy team" to head of a CIA unit!!? That just bugs me, make him a big gun there but top gun!? Never would happen, ever.. He would not even be hired..

Fastlane/Miami Vice - Liked both of those shows but you can't really go undercover, in one town, all the time, looking/driving/acting as they all did and just stay under cover.. Of course again, as a kid, never had an issue with that as far as Miami Vice goes.. Then as an adult I was willing to over look Tiff being the head cop of a crack under cover unit at only 26 being she is fine!

Hulk.. Again, as a kid, no issue.. but now it's always "Beat him down, throw him over the bar.. arrrggggggg Smash!!!!!!!!!!!" or throw him over the box or or or but always "out of sight".. never just slamming a hand in the car door and he rages up and smashed up a kmart or getting pissed waiting in line behind some jerk when renting a car "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggg!!!!"

Dukes of Hazard for the reasons others mentioned already but also for the fact that if you land and I SEE the frame on the car bend, odds are, yeah not just going to be "ok" and drive off.. heh
Old 11-29-04, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
well, they were using Mini 14s on the A-Team afterall
Old 11-29-04, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome Back, Kotter-If the Sweathogs were really a gang of tough guys they would have beat Kotter up.
Old 11-29-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
I love the first two shows but

McGyver - I mean come on. Bombs out of buttons and scotch tape

CSI - 98% of the show(techniques and tools) is hollywood fiction, not to mention I cringe everytime they take a grainy camera shot from 50 ft away and zoom in - in perfect clarity BTW, to reveal the killer or name on a piece of clothing, or some miniscule detail that would be impossible to see in real life. But then again this is probably my #1 peeve about movies and tv.

Will & Grace - It makes no sense to me why this show is on the air. Much less the main NBC attraction on what was must see tv night. I've seen around 10 episodes and laughed maybe once. Total waste of time.
Old 11-29-04, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Simpsons.. don't they every age.. Bart has been in 6th grade (or whatever) for 10+ years
Old 11-29-04, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by j123vt_99
The Simpsons.. don't they every age.. Bart has been in 6th grade (or whatever) for 10+ years
4th grade
Old 11-29-04, 07:43 PM
Premium Member

Received 741 Likes on 486 Posts
I liked the show, but

Mork from Ork?

(and not even going into Jonathan Winters or the whole egg thing )
Old 11-29-04, 07:49 PM
Premium Member

Received 741 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
McGyver - I mean come on. Bombs out of buttons and scotch tape
It was out there, but everything he did was at least possible. It's just that he did that stuff in every episode.

CSI, also, is not that much fiction.
Old 11-29-04, 09:27 PM
Banned

CSI - 98% of the show(techniques and tools) is hollywood fiction, not to mention I cringe everytime they take a grainy camera shot from 50 ft away and zoom in - in perfect clarity BTW, to reveal the killer or name on a piece of clothing, or some miniscule detail that would be impossible to see in real life. But then again this is probably my #1 peeve about movies and tv.
CSI is also able to solve a case in a day when these sort of forensic cases can sometimes take months. But then again, most cop shows solve all their crimes in one work day (episode), unless it's a very special two-parter.
Old 11-29-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Twin peaks.
Bob is sooooo gonna get you for saying that.

Tsk, tsk.
Old 11-30-04, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The Cosby Show--He's a doctor, she's a lawyer and all they do is hang out with their kids all day. They are never bothered by the pressures that would come with their high-stress jobs.
Old 11-30-04, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jeffersons-Florence was the worst employee ever, and was insubordinate and lazy. Her ass should have been fired.

Munsters-Frankenstein's Monster and his bride would not have a wolf boy as a child.

Frasier-a bar hugging beer lover becomes the prudish of prudes in his own series and suddenly turns his nose up at the style of bar he used to frequent.

Smallville-as if everybody who comes in contact with a radioactive rock will get super powers. And a short term memory when they discover who Clark really is.

Different Strokes-A rich white man adopts two black boys. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 11-30-04, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
well it doesn't.

BURNS THE SUIT BURNS THE SUIT!!

Homer: "Brilliant ... absolutely brilliant ... I don't have any idea what's going on!"
Old 11-30-04, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Murder, She Wrote: how can a woman know so many people who get murdered?

I think there was a thread on here where someone wanted the last episode to reveal that Jessica Fletcher was a serial killer.
Old 11-30-04, 08:43 AM

What's the deal with Oprah?

She's fat...she's thin...she's fat...she's thin.

I mean, c'mon, pick a body type and go with it!
Old 11-30-04, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
The Prisoner.

How does it end?
Man, I love the first 85% of that show. And then the ending... that's the king of WTF. People who try to convince you that it means something and adds up? No.
Old 11-30-04, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by calhoun07
Frasier-a bar hugging beer lover becomes the prudish of prudes in his own series and suddenly turns his nose up at the style of bar he used to frequent.
That's a good point. I didn't watch Frasier but I was aware that that's what the show was about. I never connected that character betrayal. So stupid.
Old 11-30-04, 11:16 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Triple S
I never ever figured out the other half of the battle on GI Joe.
Speaking of this show, I always thought it was ridiculous that you have two teams of trained professional soldiers, and nobody ever hit their targets with their guns (which were lame lasers for some reason)! The two sides would run at each other shooting, and always miss... even a few feet away! When they finally got close enough they'd just get in a fist fight. Why even have the guns? Of course, when Cobra created the B.A.T. robots, the Joes' aim suddenly increased greatly.
Old 11-30-04, 11:21 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The worst episode for this was the one where they started off with an already blurry picture, managed to not only make it sharper, but sharp enough to identify the background reflected in the subject's eyes as being on a boat! That would hard enough with a perfectly lit, crystal clear photo from a 20 megapixel camera, let alone a blurry amateur shot.
Old 11-30-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,436 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Originally posted by Gil Jawetz
That's a good point. I didn't watch Frasier but I was aware that that's what the show was about. I never connected that character betrayal. So stupid.
I've never felt it was a betrayal of character. Even on Cheers Frasier was always a bit snooty and holier than thou. Perhaps he befriended the guys in the bar out of loneliness. Besides Diane was always fairly intelligent and a bit of a kindred spirit.
Old 11-30-04, 11:27 AM

Transformers and the Optimus Prime trailer. WTF? It just appears out of thin air every time he transforms.

A-Team. All those bullets and nobody ever gets hit. Not that I'm complaining. I don't want to see a bunch of people get shot.
Old 11-30-04, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by DRG
Of course, when Cobra created the B.A.T. robots, the Joes' aim suddenly increased greatly.
So true, so true.
Old 11-30-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,632 Posts
Alias: I can suspend my disbelief with all the technology and cliffhangers and incredible escapes... but the disguises?
Jack Bristow in a mustache?
And how can Sydney blend in anywhere without being recognized? By changing her hair color and accent?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.