TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 11/26

Old 11-26-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Enterprise 11/26

those spoiler commercials in the middle of the show are really getting annoying
Good episode, especially when Trip said
Spoiler:
Set course for Andoria. FUCK YEAH we're going to see the Andorian homeworld next week
Old 11-26-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice episode

can't wait until next week. If this is not going to be the last season, it's a nice transition seasons. Manny Coto is doing a nice job changing over the last three seasons into what everyone is used to.

i could have done without the Bush bashing though.

Last edited by al_bundy; 11-26-04 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-26-04, 09:21 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts
Okay, this show is in danger of consistent goodness.

I love this storyline. This is Federation history!

Really looking forward to next week's episode.
Old 11-26-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I missed that

Originally posted by al_bundy

i could have done without the Bush bashing though.
Old 11-26-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

scouts have reported that andorians are building a secret weapon, but it's not confirmed. Even though the crazy vulcan leader wants to attack and risk destroying his world. Who do you think the crazy leader is that wants to attack without concrete evidence?

there is a discussion about this on the Enterprise board at startrek.com and I think the whole episode is anti-bush. The writers took a stab at making the syranites a version of al-queda. The embassy attack has falsified evidence, just like some people think that 9/11 has falsified evidence. The vulcan leader is set on killing the insurgents no matter how many people die and he is getting rid of anyone in his government that doesn't share his views. He is also willing to order air strikes that kill anyone over a wide area. Just like media reports of our air strikes in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Last edited by al_bundy; 11-26-04 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-26-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, this is getting hard to believe, another good episode.

I am really enjoying this series right now.

Looking forward to the visit to Andoria next week.
Old 11-27-04, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a great episode. Soval is becoming a really well done Vulcan character. And I really want V'Las to die. I just wished that other Vulcan in the High Command would just go up to him and neck pinch him. I really am excited about next week's episode as well. The Andorian and Vulcan fleets look awesome.
Old 11-27-04, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

This is really fucked up. What have you done with our hated show?!?

das
Old 11-27-04, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by al_bundy
scouts have reported that andorians are building a secret weapon, but it's not confirmed. Even though the crazy vulcan leader wants to attack and risk destroying his world. Who do you think the crazy leader is that wants to attack without concrete evidence?

there is a discussion about this on the Enterprise board at startrek.com and I think the whole episode is anti-bush. The writers took a stab at making the syranites a version of al-queda. The embassy attack has falsified evidence, just like some people think that 9/11 has falsified evidence. The vulcan leader is set on killing the insurgents no matter how many people die and he is getting rid of anyone in his government that doesn't share his views. He is also willing to order air strikes that kill anyone over a wide area. Just like media reports of our air strikes in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I don’t even see a relation at all to this episode and Bush. I see the “crazy Vulcan leader” and his followers in league with the romulans and will do anything to keep power. They are attacking because they want to, it’s not a matter of evidence, and they’ll create that on their own just like they did with the embassy bombing. Yes, the “Crazy Vulcan Leader” and his followers are the ones that bombed the embassy. It’s clearly a case of the logic loving vulcans we have known against the violence loving, power hungry vulcans in league with the romulans.
Old 11-27-04, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh shit, I want to start watching it now!

But aren't the main characters all still so very lame?
Old 11-27-04, 02:44 AM

Ok, it was not has good as the last 3 episode. There was to much Vulcan Emotion in this episode. Don't they know how to supress it ?

But I did like the ending, because we will be seing Blue Skin's next episode.

Spoiler:

Ok this is what I see comming for this season, Vulcan change, want to become more friendly with humans, and Peace with Andorians. I hope at mid season, they will concentrate on the Romulan War, wich laid to the coalition between Humans, Vulcans, Andorian and Telarites that we all call the FEDERATION

Last edited by JetSter735180; 11-27-04 at 02:46 AM.
Old 11-27-04, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was that:

Spoiler:
Jeffrey Coombs as an Andorian in the previews?
Old 11-27-04, 07:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by aintnosin
Was that:

Spoiler:
Jeffrey Coombs as an Andorian in the previews?
Yes, Yes it was. I would do ANYTHING to get him on the ship next season. That would kick ass!

The neck pinch idea is great:
"Target the Andorian fleet and fGAAK!"
"There has been a change of leadership on the High Command. All ship stand down."

I loved the Trip line "Well you sure hide it pretty well!" "Thank You."
Old 11-27-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Wow another good episode. If they keep this up I might actually be a fan of the show! Both Mayweather and Hoshi had lines (that's becoming a habit now) and next week's should be sweet.

The only thing that has to go is the stupid previews during the commercial break. Ugh, it's really starting to piss me off. Does UPN have so little faith in the show that they think people will get up and leave half-way through the episode?
Old 11-27-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Enterprise 11/26

Originally posted by mikehunt
those spoiler commercials in the middle of the show are really getting annoying
Good episode, especially when Trip said
Spoiler:
Set course for Andoria. FUCK YEAH we're going to see the Andorian homeworld next week
This is why you Tivo each show and start watching it 22 mins. into the show. FF or do the 30 sec. skip and you will never see the commercials for next week.

This was another great episode. I unlike others have enjoyed Enterprise each season.
Old 11-27-04, 08:55 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great, now Archer is going to be some kinda of Vulcan God? Doesn't this remind you of DS9 with Sisko.......
Old 11-27-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
This is really fucked up. What have you done with our hated show?!?

das

I really like the direction the series is going in. I must admit though that last season pulled me back in with the xindi storyline.
Old 11-28-04, 12:00 AM

Ummm...the storyline is almost classic...those who are reading into our modern times may be a bit paranoid. I don't think it's the first time in history that a leader has preemptively attacked a rival for perceived danger. I'm sure it's been done before in Trek lore...Heck...even the Simpsons did it.
Old 11-28-04, 01:15 AM

Is it just me, or has Hoshi pretty much not done anything on the show for the past I dunno, 20 or so episodes?
Old 11-28-04, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Ted The Bug •

Is it just me, or has Hoshi pretty much not done anything on the show for the past I dunno, 20 or so episodes?
Shh! They'll hear you! I keep hoping they'll find a way to give the same treatment to Mayweather, Reed, T'Pol, and Archer.

das
Old 11-28-04, 07:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't believe that Vulcan actually said "Comb the desert!" C'mon, he never saw Spaceballs?

Enjoyed the ep. I wish they could have found an actress who could approximate the accent Judith Anderson used. "Dee air is dee air..." Ok I'm off to give myself a tri-ox compound.
Old 11-28-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by philo
I wish they could have found an actress who could approximate the accent Judith Anderson used. "Dee air is dee air..." Ok I'm off to give myself a tri-ox compound.
Celia Lovsky played T'pau. Judith Anderson was in Star Trek III as another character.
Old 11-28-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by maxpower
Ummm...the storyline is almost classic...those who are reading into our modern times may be a bit paranoid. I don't think it's the first time in history that a leader has preemptively attacked a rival for perceived danger. I'm sure it's been done before in Trek lore...
Yeah, it was called Deep Space Nine.
Old 11-29-04, 02:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by aintnosin
Celia Lovsky played T'pau. Judith Anderson was in Star Trek III as another character.
Ah interesting. Somehow I thought she was in that original series ep.
Old 11-29-04, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, I liked this one as well (shocking )!

I certainly wasn't expecting the Andorian connection at the end, but looked forward to it. Especially given the guest-star we can expect next week!

das posting in Enterprise threads and Wizdar isn't? Just what has this show come to?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.