Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Desperate Housewives 11/21

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally posted by JasonF
The timeline on the stationary under the Mrs. Huber-is-the-blackmailer theorey goes like this:

1. Mrs. Huber writes the note
2. Edie moves in
3. Edie grabs some paper from Mrs. Huber's desk
4. Mary Alice's husband sees the paper
I read the original post wrong as well. This makes a lot of sense; we already know Mrs. Huber is a bitch capable of blackmail and vandalism.
Old 11-22-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
I found it interesting that Rex gave those expensive presents to his kids, not to curry their favor, but so they would live with their mother.
Yeah, I definitely think that there was some real truth to his speech to his son where he was talking about figuring things out on his own
Spoiler:
especially in light of rumors that he might be gay

I know it was pure slapstick but Susan going to ride the bull had me ::

It's interesting how Mrs. Huber seems to be near the center of many of the problems in the neighborhood but they haven't really said anything about her family.
Old 11-22-04, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hahn
Yeah, I could've sworn she had 3 children. Except I thought she had another boy who was about the same age as the twins. When there was that one show when she was driving a minivan and got pulled over by a cop, I thought there were 3?
Actually, she has four children: the twins, another boy, and a baby girl. They have only shown the baby a few times though, such as the pilot, where she is breastfeeding at the funeral.
Old 11-22-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The baby and the other son must be hanging out with Jamie from Malcolm in the Middle.
Old 11-22-04, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 216 Likes on 179 Posts
I think all three boys were on trampoline w/ the other boy during the playdate AND she had the baby in the stroller. All four kids in one episode for the first time since the pilot.
Old 11-22-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts
how did Bree know to run frantically home to her son at the end of the show? Did she already suspect him?
How did he get inside the house without the new key unless she let him in.
Did they cut out the scene?
Old 11-22-04, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sure she must have left the door open since the police sirens made all the commotion and she just wanted to see what was going on. I think she only suspected him after he said Mommy.

And I think she just ran home to get something to console Gabrielle.
Old 11-22-04, 04:29 PM

Here's another vote for Mrs. Huber as being the true sender of the note. We already know that she resorted to blackmail when she found the measuring cup, and didn't MA mention something about how Mrs. Huber had found someone else to blackmail in that story?

I am at a loss as to who will be killed in the next episode. Edie is the logical choice since they think she sent to note, and we havn't seen her character develop as much as the others (basically all we know about her is that she is easy, not a bad thing). She doesn't have any kids, nor a real home anymore. The only other housewife on the show that I feel hasn't truely developed is Mrs. Huber, but based on my earlier theory that she is the note-writer, I don't see them bumping her off. Mama Solis (SP?) may already be dead (although I asume just injured), and I wouldn't consider her one of the "housewives" anyway.
Old 11-22-04, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by Ted The Bug
I don't think the reason that Mike is in the neighborhood has anything to do with the Mary Alice storyline.
My guess would be that the missing sister he is investigating is the body that was in the trunk. As said earlier, the news report would have probably said something if baby remains were in the trunk, and it seems unlikely they would add another missing/dead person mystery when there is a perfectly good one there already...

The whole Dana storyline is probably a red herring unrelated to the blackmail that in all likelihood happened before they moved to Wisteria Lane, otherwise the neighbours would have known they had another child.
Old 11-22-04, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
right, and if "dana" were killed, why would he sell the blanket at a garage sale?
Old 11-22-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by eightiesguy
Mama Solis (SP?) may already be dead (although I asume just injured), and I wouldn't consider her one of the "housewives" anyway.
She'll probably die in the next episode. I'm guessing that's the "housewife" that dies. They're just trying to build it up.
Old 11-22-04, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by Snowmaker
She'll probably die in the next episode. I'm guessing that's the "housewife" that dies. They're just trying to build it up.
Eh, I don't know about that. That seems like too easy of a fix. I'm guessing that, from what we've seen of the show so far, that she's going to remain in a coma for a while, or something similar. Taking her completely out of the picture would be a bit too much of an easy fix. She doesn't have the camera any more, so she's got no physical evidence of the affair, and she may not remember catching them in the act. Even if she does, Gabrielle could always say that she's remembering wrong due to the whole "getting hit by a car" thing.

Of course, there's also no guarantee that Gabrielle will take the necessary precautions to destroy the camera. From the overly careless way she's been handling the affair in the last few episodes, I'm under the impression that she, on some level, wants to get caught. Note her reaction when Mama Solis took the picture. She didn't rush to try and remedy the situation like with the sock incident. She seemed resigned to her fate, and almost happy that she was caught. I'm guessing that she's starting to realize that she's not happy, but can't bring herself to end the marriage, so she's subconsciously trying to get somebody to end it for her.

Did anyone else think that Edie already knew that hired 'investigator'? They seemed familiar with each other at the bar. Like maybe it was a setup by both of them?
That's exactly what I was thinking. There's just way too many things that make me believe that they're in league, or at least he isn't who he says he is...

-Their reaction to each other did seem a lot more familiar than two people meeting.
- He seems a little "not her type". All her "conquests" thus far have either been younger and better looking, or had some sort of "unattainable" thing going on, like the priest from the first episode.
- If he really was getting ready to assault/kill Edie, then he wouldn't have risked being seen in a public place with her.

Other random thoughts...

Did the inspector say that the paper was super rare or anything? I remember him saying that it was 100% cotton (fancy paper like that is also more up Bree's alley, too... remember that Mrs. Huber is a bit of a cheapskate). If it's something that can be picked up for a reasonable price at any drugstore, then the blackmailer and Edie having the same paper in their posession could just be a coincidence. It definitely isn't foolproof evidence.

It did seem weird that Rex was so against having his son living with him. I'm wondering if it's another weird personality quirk of his, or if it's realted to whatever stopped him from having sex with Bree in the previous episode.

So Mike is working for someone who appears to have lost a daughter, and the other daughter is working at cross-purposes in trying to get some closure on the whole ordeal for her father and family
What I'm also wondering is if Kendra's father is the same person we saw Mike talking to in the park a few episodes back (the one who was played by the actor who played Warden Norton from Shawshank Redemption). While that's the implication, we don't know for sure. I wonder if Mike is doing a sort of double-agent thing, pretending to work for Kendra's father doing some sort if illegal activity, but actually feeding information to the park guy, or vice versa.

Man, I love this show. Losing Angel last season may have been a huge tragedy, but it's nice to see another awesome show take its place.
Old 11-22-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

a bit off topic, i know this was picked up for the year but is it supposed to be the full 22 episodes or is it going to be shorter. the article in this week's tvguide made it seem like it would be a short season.
Old 11-23-04, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 216 Likes on 179 Posts
I'm pretty sure it was picked up for a full slate of eps, hence the moving of Alias to Wednesdays.
Old 11-23-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Big Boy Laroux
right, and if "dana" were killed, why would he sell the blanket at a garage sale?
He didn't sell it. He wrapped another item, that terri hatcher's character bought, in it. He didn't see that it said Dana.

I can't believe Bree would cover up a crime, even if she's trying to cover up all her families personal problems.
What I found hilarious was terri hatcher walking so proudly to Mike's house, then getting dumped, then walking back with her tail between her legs.
Gabrielle is so damn selfish, though she's great eyecandy, her character is pretty evil.
Old 11-23-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 196 Posts
I really liked how this week's ep. managed to more or less tie the different storylines together in the end. Seems kind of like what they used to do with Seinfeld, except it is in a more serious setting.
Old 11-23-04, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I really liked how this week's ep. managed to more or less tie the different storylines together in the end. Seems kind of like what they used to do with Seinfeld, except it is in a more serious setting.
Yeah, it's neat how they're starting to have the different issues start to intersect. Up until last night, everybody's problems were all seperate plotlines, but with Gabrielle trying to get Bree's daughter off to NY, and Bree's son plowing into Mama Solis, each family's individual train wreck of a situation is starting to come together into a larger pileup.

Gabrielle is so damn selfish, though she's great eyecandy, her character is pretty evil.
Eh, I don't know if I'd call her evil. At the beginning of the episode, I was thinking that she was getting to be pretty selfish, though... staying married while still trying to keep the gardener (forgot his name) away from other girls.

However, as I mentioned in my above post, I'm starting to think that she may actually want out of her relationship with Carlos, but feel obligated to stay with him. From what we've seen, she went from being a model to being married to some high-power salesman who shows his affection by showering her with expensive gifts. I imagine at first, she was fine with the situation, but the fact that Carlos was never home drover her to start her affair with the gardener. I'm guessing that while the affair was strictly physical at first, she eventually started realizing, in the back of her mind, that she actually wasn't happy in her marriage. She even went so far as to outright say it in the first episode when she told the gardener that their affair is the only thing keeping her from putting a bullet in her head.

I'm guessing that the real turning point was when he gave her the rose, though. While I got the feeling that at first, she was more upset that he was starting to develop feelings for her, she started to realize that her marriage was rather empty when Carlos' version of a special gift was just a more expensive present, instead of something with more thought behind it.

Man, it feels good to have a show to over-analyze again .
Old 11-23-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by xVladx
Man, it feels good to have a show to over-analyze again .
You must really love Lost then...
Old 11-23-04, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by bralph
You must really love Lost then...
Funny thing about Lost... we missed the first handfull of episodes, caught the one where it's revealed that the weird bald guy got the use of his legs back in the crash, and thought it was pretty neat. So we set up the Season Pass, and haven't watched a single episode since. We've still got all the episodes in-between sitting on the Tivo, unwatched and unloved, and we never seem to really want to watch them.

Personally, I attribute it to my getting so sick of Survivor that I can't stand the thought of watching any show that focuses entirely on a bunch of people alone on a beach, even if it isn't reality TV.
Old 11-23-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Neitzl
What I found hilarious was terri hatcher walking so proudly to Mike's house, then getting dumped, then walking back with her tail between her legs.
...and holding her purse in front of her face as if it made her invisible.

That cracked me up. Another GREAT episode.

Rob
Old 11-23-04, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 196 Posts
It would really be interesting if Mama Solis is able to contact somebody to take out Gabriele and they wind up being contract killers that are also linked to the death of Kendra's sister which is being sought by Mike. Additionally, the Gardener starts a double affair with Danielle who becomes a target of Gabrielle. Later, we learn that Edie has "disappeared" from town but find that she has fled to Australia where she boarded a plane that vanished in the middle of an ocean and is presumed "lost."
Old 11-23-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Later, we learn that Edie has "disappeared" from town but find that she has fled to Australia where she boarded a plane that vanished in the middle of an ocean and is presumed "lost."
...then she catches up with some 48 survivors and finds a new nemesis in a Canadian named Kate, and both vie for the attention of a handsome doctor named Jack.

Or she takes on a new identity and calls herself "Helen", and inadvertently gets into more trouble after a weird bald guy finds her riding a wild boar.