Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

A Possible Roswell: Movie in the works!!!

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-04, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far Fox has releases the first 2 seasons of Roswell on DVD. The final season comes out in Summer of 2005. While some who have never see the show before until they bought the DVDs or if you were one of those fans that saved the show. I thought I should share this article I found:

Roswell movie proposal not crashing
Posted on Thr, 11-Nov-2004

From the sounds of it, there will never be a "Buffy" movie (an unemployed Nick Brendon moans), but there might just be a big-screen outing for a certain quartet (if we're talking re-animated Tess) of aliens - if a fan campaign keeps working as well as it seems to be.

A future film reel unspooling footage of Max and Lix puckering up? Maybe.

According to the RoswellMovie.net site, a campaign to get a film version of the popular tweeny-aliens series seems to be working, in the sense that the right people are looking/reading/intrigued by the camp's efforts.

David Nutter left the site a message last week to say they're getting the message crystal clear. "I would like to thank all the many fans of ROSWELL, young and old, American and International, for their superlative support of a possible Film of the Series, and let you know that I have personally spoken to Dana Walden and Gary Newman (Co-Presidents at Fox Television), as well as Robin Schwartz (President of Regency Television) These are the people that could make it all happen. To emphasize that my interest and the support of the fans is not only still present, but growing by the day. They are well aware of the support level for this and also want to make it happen. I will help in every way that I can."

A poster on the site's board also had the opportunity to pester creator Jason Katims at a screening of "The Grudge", in turn discovering he'd be keen to direct the pic.

Katims's assistant also dropped a note to the guys to let them know that they've been getting all their letters.

Last time I posted an item about the potential "Roswell" movie, a couple of readers wrote in and asked me what I thought the chances of it happening were. At the time, I saw it as a fifty-fifty. Now though, I think the chances of it happening are increasing by the tick. Jason Behr's just been in a smash-hit movie ["The Grudge"], and that's sure to have FOX thinking the guy might actually have some pull. Doesn't hurt that this campaign seems to be drawing peepers and getting interest from the suits either.

I'm 105% per cent behind the campaign (an extra 5% for Heigl's killer legs), so head on over and do your bit to see that the defunct WB/UPN series get a reprise.
Old 11-18-04, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Awesome! Just watched both Season 1 and Season 2 in a matter of 4 days....GREAT SHOW!
Old 11-19-04, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Awesome! Just watched both Season 1 and Season 2 in a matter of 4 days....GREAT SHOW!
You can help Roswell come to a movie by going to RoswellMovie.net

So far most of the cast have said they would come back if all the originals came back.
Jason Behr,Shiri Appleby,Majandra Delfino,Colin Hanks, Nick Wechsler,William Sadler

The only ones that haven't heard a new offical statement are Brendan Fehr,Katherine Heigl and Emilie De Ravin
Old 11-19-04, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Colin Hanks? Didn't
Spoiler:
Tess kill him
in Season 2? Weird. Maybe he will be
Spoiler:
brought back as a ghost or something? Now that Tess is dead...

Last edited by Gizmo; 11-19-04 at 09:30 PM.