Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Surreal Life 3: Dirty Laundry 10.31.04

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-04, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surreal Life 3: Dirty Laundry 10.31.04

One of the final episodes of every Surreal Life season has Sally Jesse Raphael hosting a talk show with the Lifers called Dirty Laundry. This one, in my opinion, fell flat. Here are the highlights of yesterday's ep:

* The crew is brought out of the house (inevitably so the TV Crew can setup the talk show and audience while no one is home) to a mall where they get photos done. Flavor Flav decides, for Brigette, that he is not going to be "Flav" for a couple of hours, and he'll be the person who created Flav, William Drayton. William is not as obnoxious as Flav, and everyone, especially Brigette, seem to like him more than Flav.

* After the mall the Lifers come back to the house to be surprised at the Dirty Laundry setup. Most of the talk show that aired (I'm guessing there was alot of footage not shown during this 30 minute episode) focused on Flav, Ryan and Jordan.

* Flav (who was no longer William once he saw he would be on Dirty Laundry) and Brigette talked about their relationship.

* Footage was shown of Ryan talking about how much she dislikes Flav (who looked genuinely hurt).

* The controversial footage that appeared to piss everyone off was teased before the commercial break. The footage was of Flav getting mad at the dog for crapping in the house. He rubbed the dog's nose in it and hit him in the face with newspaper. Everyone was pretty much outraged, and Flav said he was disgusted with himself after he saw it, and that he would never do it again.

* Jordan was shown as being the "loner." He had said from the first episode he didn't want to do the show. After his clips he stood up and hugged everyone saying it was a "Life Changing Experience."

That was pretty much it. Both Dave and Charo said next to nothing on this episode. I really think this episode should have been an hour. I also think they took way too much time showing what was happening at the mall, only to leave about 15 minutes for the talk show.

Does anyone know why Surreal Life is being shown around noon now instead of 10:00??
Old 11-01-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Pretty funny episode.

The season is getting tired though. All the funny shit from the previews is pretty much over.