Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Without A Trace 10/28/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Without A Trace 10/28/04

Elizabeth Berkeley shows up as the winner of "American Goddess" (a take-off on all of the extreme makeover shows) who disappears and leaves a mess in her dressing room. Since plastic surgery was part of the case, I will note that I did get a chuckle from Berkeley's recent caps on her front teeth to close the gap between them.

The emotional wreck that was the American Goddess showed a woman still with little in terms of being comfortable with her self and new body/face. It would appear the episode was an indictment on such makeover shows, and that the drastic actions taken by Berkeley's character to regain herself emotionally and physically leads to the Feds to crack the case.

Danny acted really strange at the end of the episode. Wonder what was going on with him. No subplot threads dealing with either Jack's home life or struggle for power between Jack and Vivian made it through in this episode.
Old 10-29-04, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
What's with all the dramas featuring plastic surgery stories lately. Within one week, we had L&O, CSI, and WAT have stories revolving around plastic surgery. I guess Nip/Tuck is more powerful than we thought.

No subplot threads dealing with either Jack's home life or struggle for power between Jack and Vivian made it through in this episode.
Old 10-31-04, 06:06 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i miss the subplots, but a really good episode
Old 10-31-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was a very good episode and one that Danny was able to shine it. The reason for his behavior was due to the fact that he'd been affected by the case. He had a shallow view of people that went through ups and downs with dieting, but learned to empathize with those that have gone through alot trying to get to an ideal personal weight.

I thought he was great in this episode.
Old 11-01-04, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really enjoyed it as well. Nice to see Elizabeth Berkeley on TV again. Nice to have a break from Jack's home life, but I would like to know if Sam and Martin are still knocking boots (I am assuming that they are).
Old 11-02-04, 12:16 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was a very good episode. Mostly due to the lack of subplots.

Elizabeth Berkeley has always been a favorite of mine so it was ice to see her.
Old 11-02-04, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Sparrow
This was a very good episode and one that Danny was able to shine it. The reason for his behavior was due to the fact that he'd been affected by the case. He had a shallow view of people that went through ups and downs with dieting, but learned to empathize with those that have gone through alot trying to get to an ideal personal weight.

I thought he was great in this episode.
There are a few times a year where he has some really great scenes/shows.