Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 10/21/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-04, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Er 10/21/04

Corday's character arc had run its course, though I was pretty amazed that the writers wrote her "exit" interview with Carter the way they did. Most characters don't get that much exposition when they get bumped off the show. At least she went out doing some good, even if it wasn't on the "up and up" legally.

I'd read spoilers last week about how Neela would get back into the ER, and the spoilers were right: the OCD resident would lose it and leave Country General and with Susan getting the Chief of ER position, Neela was just what the doctor ordered on short notice, though I can't believe really Neela didn't jump at the chance to get out of convenience store hell until the guy was complaining about japaleno's being too hot.

The crazy mom was a little over the top for me (grating voice, etc), but a very sad revelation, which I had already entertained in the first 30 minutes before it was revealed that she was looney and made her 2 daughters jump out of the building because she feared her husband's wrath.

Always nice to see Madchen Amick, still fine after all these years. Loved the attitude she gave back to Carter.

Carter's still on a short leash. Abby tries to get Carter to open up some more, and he's still in resistance mode.

Deb's still a bit wary of Pratt given their recent road rage episode that got the big guy killed.

Can't stand Weaver, ugh, that character just makes me want to hurl my TV bricks at the screen.

Sam and Luka appear to be getting to the co-habitation phase.

Jerry's welcome to Susan as new Chief of ER was great (list of demands, and resignation letter should his demands not be met).
Old 10-22-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Madchen Amick. An underused beauty.

I don't like Neela's reaction to being a doctor. Like she's just falling into it.

Pratt and his entourage of students is amusing especially since he seems to handle them like Benton and Carter did.
Old 10-22-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The whole flashback at the end where they showed the mother forcing her kids out the window was just brutal and unnecessary, especially since I called the fact that the father was never there from the start (they never showed anyone in the intro and they couldn't find any trace of him when Abby and the others were treating the kids on the sidewalk).

Agreed about seeing Madchen Amick. That was a pleasant surprise.
Old 10-22-04, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ack, I'm blanking out. What character did Madchen Amick play? Was she the social worker???
Old 10-22-04, 11:53 AM
Cool New Member

Madchen Amick didn't do it for me. Her face is weird.
Old 10-22-04, 12:44 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by Jamezuva
Ack, I'm blanking out. What character did Madchen Amick play? Was she the social worker???
Yes

The writers made it pretty obvious that the mother was crazy and their was no husband.

I was surprised they gave Elizabeth that type of exit. I wonder if her complaining when they let her go had anything to do with it.
Old 10-22-04, 01:43 PM
Banned

Booo!!! NBC false advertising! When the ad says a familiar face will return to the ER, it shouldn't be someone who's already in the opening credits! At the very least, it could've been someone like Michael Ironside, Rick Rossovich, Ron Eldard or William H. Macy.
Old 10-22-04, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Jamezuva

I was hoping Carter would snipe back, I just lost my unborn son; the love of my life - the mother of said unborn child - went back home to Africa perhaps never to return; my grandmother, the only family member I was close to passed away; anything else you would like to whine about?
Old 10-22-04, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Tscott
The whole flashback at the end where they showed the mother forcing her kids out the window was just brutal and unnecessary [...]
Agreed. I normally like the drama to be real but pre-kindergartners happily jumping to their deaths was really, really hard to watch. I've been thinking about it, on and off, all day, and not in a good way.

And it's always nice to see the supremely sexy Madchen.
Old 10-22-04, 07:46 PM

I liked the ending with Carter & Lizzy.
Was sort of like the goodbye with Benton
& Carter. Both outside & away from the ER.
Almost like the characters(actors) have been
freed from the ER prison.
Old 10-22-04, 11:48 PM
Cool New Member

was hoping Carter would snipe back, I just lost my unborn son; the love of my life - the mother of said unborn child - went back home to Africa perhaps never to return; my grandmother, the only family member I was close to passed away; anything else you would like to whine about?
Carter's been a mess for quite a long time. It began when his relationship with Abby didn't work out and then everything snowballed when his gamma died.
He ran looking for someone to love him. Enter Kem and baby. That's Carter's problem now. I woudln't say so much that Kem was the love of his life but more she was somene that Carter could "love" easily. It wasn't a healthy love. It was almost selfish because it was more about Carter's desire never to be abandon.
Carter needs to realize this and then he will be able to move on.

Sorry for the armchair pychology but I can really relate to his emotional experience.
Old 10-24-04, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by MikeL.
Sorry for the armchair pychology but I can really relate to his emotional experience.

I was referring to him snapping back at the social worker that had to work 2 hospitals and was stuck in traffic that then asked why Carter was an asshole, she was way off base and he could have shot her down in seconds with his latest string of tragedies.
Old 10-24-04, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
to Madchen Amick.

It was obvious the mother was crazy after fifteen minutes or so.

Of all the people they have gotten rid of over the years - why can't they get rid of Weaver?

Sorry to see Corday go.