Jack & Bobby - 10/17/04

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Jack & Bobby - 10/17/04

"An Innocent Man"

Spoiler:
Grace is stunned when her friend and colleague is accused of sexually harassing a student; Bobby neglects his schoolwork to spend time with his new girlfriend; Jack is horrified to learn that Courtney and Missy have become friends.

Cast: Matthew Long, Logan Lerman, Christine Lahti, Edwin Hodge, Jessica Par‚, John Slattery, Jeanette Brox.
Director(s): Thomas Schlamme.
Producer(s): Greg Berlanti, Vanessa Taylor, Mickey Liddell, Thomas Schlamme.
Writer(s): Marc Guggenheim.

Original Airdate: October 17, 2004.
Old 10-17-04, 10:05 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I enjoyed this episode

I feel sorry for Jack now that Courtney and Missy are friends

I guess we know why Courtney and Bobby split now
Old 10-17-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bobby's VP leaves in 2046, so you have to wonder if the last thing the future bald dude (Evan Handler) was referring to some scandal that made the VP resign in the middle of their 2nd term.

I liked the 3 main subplots, one being finite (Grace having to find out the hard way about a fellow colleague with a penchant for harassing female students, while creating a taller wall between her and Peter), one being a turning point (Bobby taking Jack's admonitions to heart, to be who he wants to be, and not be the guy who takes the easy way out), and one being a ongoing scenario (Jack's worst nightmare of having Missy and Courtney become friends comes to fruition).
Old 10-18-04, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like this show, but I didn't even remember Jack kissing Courtney last week, so I must not be too interested in that subplot.

When Jack told Bobby he kissed Courtney, I was like "Oh, they did?"
Old 10-18-04, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No, it was Courtney kissing Jack. Jack was surprised as hell when Courtney planted a wet one on him when she was telling him about how whacked out her mom was with her mental illness/depression.
Old 10-18-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
The scenes between the two brothers are always the best part of the show. Very impressed w/ the guy who plays Jack - pretty good for a novice actor.
Old 10-18-04, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry, I lost coherency after seeing Kerri Lynn Pratt walk around in her bra and underwear.
Old 10-18-04, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by calhoun07
Sorry, I lost coherency after seeing Kerri Lynn Pratt walk around in her bra and underwear.
Old 10-18-04, 09:08 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Bobby's VP leaves in 2046, so you have to wonder if the last thing the future bald dude (Evan Handler) was referring to some scandal that made the VP resign in the middle of their 2nd term.
I'm sure it's been shown somewhere, but I don't remember, does Bobby himself finish his second term? That would be 2049, the year the interviews take place.
Old 10-18-04, 09:09 PM

and more locker room scenes, please.
Old 10-18-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm pretty sure Bobby serves both terms, it's the VP that doesn't.
Old 10-19-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
I have been paying attention to the dates as well when the interviews are shown. I think this makes the show volumes more interesting. I doubt, however, that your average viewer is paying attention to the dates, who's speaking, etc.

How is this show doing ratingwise? I'm really not looking forward to another show that I am attached to, that is actually good, getting cancelled *Touching Evil*

SPY
Old 10-19-04, 12:24 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by bothanspy
How is this show doing ratingwise? I'm really not looking forward to another show that I am attached to, that is actually good, getting cancelled *Touching Evil*
It's not doing very well in the ratings but the WB has already picked it up for the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they move it considering what it's up against.
Old 10-19-04, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Those Desperate Housewives are kicking Jack & Bobby's asses.

Last edited by Patman; 10-19-04 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-19-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
This show's really making me appreciate my own mother.

Originally posted by calhoun07
I know. I haven't felt like a dirty old man this much since I saw Mean Girls last month.

Also, I don't think the opening credit sequence for this show has been discussed (sorry if it has). When I wasn't paying that close attention I thought, "huh...every president from JFK and on is on there except for Bush. Interesting exclusion." Then, after watching it again the following week I noticed that LBJ, Nixon, Bush 41, and W are all omitted. So then I'm thinking, "okay, so I guess they are going with a Great Presidents motif." But then that theory is out the window because of the inclusion of Jimmy Carter. I don't really know what I'm getting at, really.

Last edited by DJLinus; 10-19-04 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-19-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I read today this episode of J&B was the lowest rated yet.

For the record, I am still Tivo-ing the show, but I can understand why people aren't watching it.
Old 10-19-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sunday nights is just murder for WB. It seems like they just can't find their niche on Sunday. I am glad this series has been renewed, but they really have to put it on another night so it can be seen. How about Tuesdays? Move One Tree Hill to be on next to Mountain on Thursday night. But then it would be up against Clubhouse, but they have to do something with this series before it dies in obscurity.
Old 10-19-04, 04:11 PM

So I just saw a trailer for the new Fat Albert movie and I the actress who plays Missy (Keri Lynn Pratt) is in it. Movie looks aweful by the way but she's a cutie.
Old 10-19-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She is a cutie alright. I liked this episode. The last line about a possible affair floored me, since I was not expecting it at all.
Old 10-20-04, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by charlie bucket
So I just saw a trailer for the new Fat Albert movie and I the actress who plays Missy (Keri Lynn Pratt) is in it. Movie looks aweful by the way but she's a cutie.
It kills me how she picks the most awful movies to be in. I hated Smokers and Cruel Intentions 2. She's got a good presence on screen, she should be more careful about what she plays in. And sometimes her choice of TV shows to be in isn't better. Take WB's The Help, for example. Keri is the only one who made those all worth while (especially her scene in The Help where she is in her boots and doing that song on a TV show....an image I won't soon part with in my mind! She just does it for me!)