TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Csi:ny 10-6-2004

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 02:21 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Csi:ny 10-6-2004

Wow when I thought the pace of the show could not get any slower, they go ahead and slow it way the eff down.

People I watch these shows for action, not for Mighty Lips to get her hands on a skull and use plastic putty to create an ugly sculpture.

At least Gary went for a coffee/irish coffee at the end.
Old 10-07-04, 02:25 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mighty lips, hahha.

I really like this show. Yeah it might be slow, but the cases are interesting and it's darker than the others so it stands out from vegas and miami.
Old 10-07-04, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm not feeling it for this show after 3 episodes now. It's the perfect show to fold laundry while it's on.
Old 10-07-04, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I still like the show. A little more Hill Harper this week and Sinise's character loosening up just a bit at the end. I didn't love how they lingered on putting a face on the skull but I have to admit for the first half of the episode I was wondering why the hell she wanted that skull so badly.
Old 10-07-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Wow when I thought the pace of the show could not get any slower, they go ahead and slow it way the eff down.

People I watch these shows for action, not for Mighty Lips to get her hands on a skull and use plastic putty to create an ugly sculpture.
Originally posted by Patman
I'm not feeling it for this show after 3 episodes now. It's the perfect show to fold laundry while it's on.
Agree and agree.

I'm going to give this show another week or two, but as much as I can hardly believe I'm saying this considering how much I was looking forward to it...I'm close to dropping it.
Old 10-07-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I don't like the original CSI, which led me to not even check out Miami(and I don't like Caruso)..But I did check this one out last week, and this week..and I kind of like it..Not sure though..one reason I don't like CSI is because I just don't like gross things like dead bodies and nasty CGI bloody re-enactments.. And the joking around in stomach turning situations doesn't seem appropriate in CSI..but maybe because there's no humor at all in this one I tolerate it better! I was interested the whole time in this mystery though, better than things like animal suit orgies.
Old 10-07-04, 03:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
It was a great episode for me because I was able to show it in the anatomy & physiology class I'm student teaching since we're covering the chapter on bones right now

They took the school Sr picture this morning at 6am so trying to teach today was pointless so I showed this instead.
Old 10-07-04, 03:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you people are crazy. CSI NY is almost as good as the original and above and beyond Miami.
Old 10-07-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts
Originally posted by Rivero
I think you people are crazy. CSI NY is almost as good as the original and above and beyond Miami.
I agree. This show is much better than I thought it would be. I like the fact that it separates itself from the others.

Even though they don't shoot in NY they do a pretty good job entertwining different scenes to fool the audiences.
Old 10-07-04, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I knew making a 3rd spinoff was a bad idea
Old 10-07-04, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm watching CSI: Las Vegas right now, and it's just so much better than CSI: NY. Perhaps my familiarity of the characters on the CSI: LV helps, but the stories are just better and more interesting.
Old 10-08-04, 12:11 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I still like all three, but my preference is with their age... first being Las Vegas, then Miami, and then NY.

Still a good show last night. A and B story all in one.
Old 10-08-04, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I liked the first two episodes but the last one was just way too slow, boring and, worse, uninvolving. Kind of coincidental (or was it?) that NY and LV this week both involved a teenage male human skeleton and LV made theirs so much more interesting (even if it was a bit over the top).
Old 10-08-04, 11:48 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Re: Csi:ny 10-6-2004

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
At least Gary went for a coffee/irish coffee at the end.
The tension they tried to put in that scene was outrageous. This week's episode was pretty much a joke. I am beginning to lose faith in this show. Furthermore, I thought Sinise accepted the role in this show was because it was character-driven. So far, it has been anything but.
Old 10-08-04, 01:07 PM

I think one of the things that makes LV so good is that I feel like the characters would hang out with each other outside of work (even though we never really see that). They have a more
"we're friends who work together" feel. NY does ok with it, but it needs work. Miami does a horrible job with it. Thoughts?