Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville *Season 4 Premiere* - 09/22/04

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
Black kryponite? What is that supposed to do?

This may be something created for Smallville because we always believed there were only five types of Kryptonite ....

There are five distinct varieties of kryptonite (green, red, gold, blue, and white), the first three of which are toxic to Superman.

http://theages.superman.ws/Encyclopaedia/kryptonite.php
Old 09-23-04, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently when combined with a mother's love Black Kryptonite causes someone who has fully embraced their Kryptonian destiny to ... um... not embrace it. Right.

On another note, is Lionel no longer suffering from that rare liver disease? At the end of last season he was about to die; now there was no mention of it and only his looming murder sentence was discussed.
Old 09-23-04, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 636 Likes on 510 Posts
Originally posted by marty888
This may be something created for Smallville because we always believed there were only five types of Kryptonite ....

There are five distinct varieties of kryptonite (green, red, gold, blue, and white), the first three of which are toxic to Superman.

Those are the varieties I was aware of (not white though).
Old 09-23-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Jadzia
Thought it was funny how the WB aired a clip early on in the commercial break of Margot Kidder with the voice-over saying
: "Look out for the surprise appearance from a Superman movie legend." Um, nice way to ruin the surprise, folks.
Yeah, that was a moment. But I was reminded that the WB's target audience wouldn't even realize that there was a movie based on Superman...

Or, as so eloquently stated elsewhere in this thread...

"Screw the Superman comics and the previous stories. This is a different show that is not going to basically retell the comics word for word. If you want that from this show, it's your own fault for expecting that. Go reads the comics and stop watching Smallville."
Old 09-23-04, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally posted by Astro
Apparently when combined with a mother's love Black Kryptonite causes someone who has fully embraced their Kryptonian destiny to ... um... not embrace it. Right.

On another note, is Lionel no longer suffering from that rare liver disease? At the end of last season he was about to die; now there was no mention of it and only his looming murder sentence was discussed.
Maybe Lionel poisoned Lex; plans to switch brains, and then has the cure for his poison. So in reality Clark and "Lex" were friends, but the Lex we know in the comics is Lionel.

errmm, or not.
Old 09-23-04, 11:27 AM

I also noticed the Martha Kent asscrack, and I also was wondering who the hot chick in the hospital was until I realized it was Clarks parents

I also thought it was dumb the way Clark reacted to the empty coffin. She died in an explosion, there wouldn't be anything left of her body to bury. I really hope she's not still alive. The fact that she wasn't in the opening credits gives me hope.
Old 09-23-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Astro
When Lex went to visit Lionel, he did say something along the lines of "Do you think the three artifacts can cure you?" So I assume Lionel is still with the sick.

Maybe he just needs to get hooked up to Lex's "blood purification" machine.
Old 09-23-04, 11:57 AM

Heard on the Howard Stern show that the Lois Lane girl apparently was topless in the movie "The House of the Dead," so any screen captures in the Mature forum will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-23-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally posted by shaqIQ1
Heard on the Howard Stern show that the Lois Lane girl apparently was topless in the movie "The House of the Dead," so any screen captures in the Mature forum will be greatly appreciated.
She was credited as "Erica Parker" is House of the Dead.

You can find links to the pics over @ imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1570568/board/threads/
Old 09-23-04, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That didn't take long.

Girls, NEVER start your careers out going topless!
Old 09-23-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

By the way....according to IMDB, Ona Grauer (HofD) was also in last night's episode.
Old 09-23-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Meatpants
BTW, did you know you're only moments away from the series premiere of The Mountain? You are!

And did I mention The Mountain is coming up next on The WB?

And don't forget, The Mountain is on right after Smallville!

Mountain Mountain Mountain Mountain Mounarrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.........
my thoughts EXACTLY! By about the third commercial I was hoping that the mountain would erupt and kill everybody.
Old 09-23-04, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 197 Likes on 162 Posts
Thought it was funny how the WB aired a clip early on in the commercial break of Margot Kidder with the voice-over saying
: "Look out for the surprise appearance from a Superman movie legend." Um, nice way to ruin the surprise, folks.

It was nice that while all the other characters got to act in actual plots, Lana was relegated to a being in a music video (sans the music) Every scene she was in looked like a music video, especially the posed way she woke up in her apartment and the over-acted shower scene.
The WB is moronic as hell when it comes to do promos for their episodes - they give shit away all of the time.

The entire Lana sub-plot was getting on my nerves - I thought I was watching an old video on MTV, too.
Old 09-23-04, 03:10 PM

Wonderful episode.

Anyone else feel the premiere neede to be 2 hours instead of one.
Old 09-23-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by King Jaspo
Wonderful episode.

Anyone else feel the premiere neede to be 2 hours instead of one.
Hell yes! I wanted Kal-El to get more screen time!
Old 09-23-04, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Other than a quick way to wrap up the episode (how else are you going to stop Clark with his super powers and all while he's under a spell?), that black Kryptonite wasn't fully explained. How did Dr. Swann know what it was intended for? Since he knows the Kryptonian language to an extent, he might have come across other artifacts relating to Krypton unbeknownst to Clark.

The line about "a mother's love" suggests it was not only Martha, but Lara as well. If the show is suggesting that Jor-El wanted his son to take over the Earth to start or rule a new civilization or whatever, maybe Lara wanted the opposite and realized that he could be sent to Earth with good intentions. This was even alluded to last season when he had the flashbacks of his final moments as an infant on Krypton. Throughout the series, Clark is apprehensive that Jor-El will make him into some kind of conqueror and turn against his friends. But when he had the vision of Lara and the compassion she shows, he thinks a little differently about his heritage.
Old 09-23-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's going to be a great season. Like the new Lois and the new love interst for Lana and they have started a mystery that should be interesting to see unravel.

But sorry, Lost and the final season of That 70's are sure to provide better entertainment for me.
"Lost" looks to be a great show but I could never understand what anyone saw in That 70's show. Very unfunny and nowhere near the quality of Smallville even on an off season.

my thoughts EXACTLY! By about the third commercial I was hoping that the mountain would erupt and kill everybody.
Or Angel would show up and say, this is my timeslot, vamp and kill everyone.

Last edited by riley_dude; 09-23-04 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-23-04, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
NO FLIGHT NO TIGHTS!!! arrrgh.

I can't wait till next season to see the Stripped black and white kryptonite to resolve the next random out of control situation.
Old 09-23-04, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So we are all in agreement that the Margot Kidder appearance was pretty stupid?
No we are not. I liked her cameo. Would it have been better for the naysayers if she had been played by someone else?
Old 09-23-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And probably the rainbow kryptonite will turn Supes gay and have him get all needy over Lex.
Old 09-23-04, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by candyrocket786
She was credited as "Erica Parker" is House of the Dead.

You can find links to the pics over @ imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1570568/board/threads/
Mmm, even better
Old 09-23-04, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by riley_dude
Or Angel would show up and say, this is my timeslot, vamp and kill everyone.
Yeah, it sounded funny not hearing "Hi, this is Spike..."
Old 09-23-04, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
And probably the rainbow kryptonite will turn Supes gay and have him get all needy over Lex.
As long as they both end up naked in the cornfield I'm okay with it.
Old 09-23-04, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
the surprise was ruined in the opening credits when "Margot Kidder" was listed with the other guest stars

Old 09-23-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 197 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally posted by riley_dude
No we are not. I liked her cameo. Would it have been better for the naysayers if she had been played by someone else?
Your opinion doesn't count - you think That 70s Show is unfunny.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.