Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI: Miami (season premiere) 9/20/04

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 05:06 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
CSI: Miami (season premiere) 9/20/04

Lost Son
When a man is murdered as he tries to pay his son's ransom with $3 million worth of jewels, the CSI team is called to investigate and one member of the group is killed in the line of duty.

I'm all set:

Last edited by Geofferson; 09-20-04 at 10:00 PM.
Old 09-20-04, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those aren't spoilers. It's been all over the commercials.

Even the title gives it away.
Old 09-20-04, 05:25 PM
Banned

I don't knwo why, but I absolutely LOVE CSI, but I can't seem to get into CSI:Miami. I just think that CSI is abetter overall show than its spinoff.
Old 09-20-04, 05:54 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I love Miami the most.

Sofia
Old 09-20-04, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Sofia
I just finished watching the second season of The Sopranos - she was great in the one episode where Tony finally goes to Italy w/ Paulie and Christopher.

What a sexy woman.
Old 09-20-04, 06:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Dalvin
I don't knwo why, but I absolutely LOVE CSI, but I can't seem to get into CSI:Miami. I just think that CSI is abetter overall show than its spinoff.
Same here... I think the relationships between the characters just aren't a good as in the original. Alot of it seems forced and the rest is just uninteresting IMHO. I'm not holding out much hope for CSI:NY but I'll give it a shot for a couple of weeks.
Old 09-20-04, 06:16 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I've missed Caruso and his overacting of everything.

I'm more looking forward to New York on Wednesday night then Miami & Las Vegas.
Old 09-20-04, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

miami is kinda lame. Mostly because of caruso. He gets irritating after awhile with his acting style. The guy lives on quips. Can he not quip at all on at least one episode or have a "moment" with regards to the vic. Christ. Petersen is much better. I like the supporting actors on the show and some of the stories. I'm tuning in tonight to find out who dies.

I'm thinking speed (rory cochrane)
Old 09-20-04, 10:01 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Decent season opener. We all knew it was speed who was going to die, so that was no real surprise. Wonder who his replacement will be?
Old 09-20-04, 10:42 PM

Wow, glad I was able to actually watch the show before someone gave anything away!!!! (Like who dies) Not everyone follows what actors are leaving a show specifically so that the show is still a surprise! I guess anyone that TIVO / VCR'd the episode doesn't need to watch now... Thanks!
Old 09-20-04, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone know why the character died?

They going somewhere else?
Old 09-20-04, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Rory Cochran was just getting tired of the gig, so he asked to be written out of the show, and the producers complied.

Damn, did Speed bleed out like a mofo or what?

So Speed's death was indirectly the result of poor gun hygiene? Haha.

Does Tom Cruise's cousin, William Mopother, always play scumbags? (He was the Keller dude).

Eric (Adam Rodriguez) is such a poor actor.

Looks like Sophia Milos is now a regular on the show.

Botti Bliss's part cracked me up because it was just a throwaway "deliver H some lab results" part. I know she's better than that.
Old 09-20-04, 11:12 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Therecanbonly1
I guess anyone that TIVO / VCR'd the episode doesn't need to watch now... Thanks!
Common sense should tell that person that if the episode has already aired and they haven't watched it yet they should probably not read the thread

Decent episode. Caruso should thank the producers he isn't on New York becasue he looked about 60 in the shot at the end in the blue light of the lockerroom.
Old 09-20-04, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why didn't H get bite by a gator when he was rescuing the kid? Now that would have been a real, welcomed, shocker!
Old 09-21-04, 01:00 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
It was so out of character of Speed to not have a good gun, and not recharge the flashlight etc,

dissapointing to see him gone, he was the best character on the show.
Old 09-21-04, 02:10 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

It was so out of character of Speed to not have a good gun, and not recharge the flashlight etc,
That's what I was thinking as I was watching. I don't remember him being this careless before and I thought it was dissapointing to make the character into a putz before he dies.
Old 09-21-04, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dalvin
I agree. The writing on Miami is so lazy it's laughable.

My main problem with the show is that it relies on the team finding some obscure plant, insect or animal life that only comes from one place in the entire state of Florida, thus leading them to the real crime scene. And tonight they did it frickin' twice.

The first example was finding the dead genetically-engineered fish in the bag. Because of its size they knew it could only have been released in one specific spot, which led them to the underwater car.

The second example was the tree sap from a tree that only grows in one specific bay, which led them to the little boy.

You don't get hack writing much worse than that.
Old 09-21-04, 07:34 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
Decent season opener.
I'd have to agree with you. It was a good episode and yup, Speedle did bleed out quickly.

Alexx (the ME) normally creeps me out, but when she was asking H to 'give him to me', that was touching as was her prepping the body and doing the autopsy.

I did have to laugh out loud though when Calleigh said "I'm going to kill Speed" when her crime-light went out. Foreshadowing?

And my answer to H's successful rescue of the kid is that the sharks and gators watch TV and know how much of a hard ass David Caruso is and decided to stay away!

Originally posted by Geofferson
We all knew it was speed who was going to die, so that was no real surprise. Wonder who his replacement will be?
Here's your answer:

New investigator joins CSI:Miami
Thursday, 19th August 2004

Actor Jonathan Togo (Mystic River) has been added to the cast of CBS' CSI: Miami as a new investigator, reports Variety.

Togo's character fills a void left when a regular CSI: Miami character leaves the show next season. He'll play Ryan Wolfe, a cop studying for his master's degree in genetics. Wolfe is handpicked by Horatio to join the team.
Jonathan Togo. He was Pete in Mystic River.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 09-21-04 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-21-04, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At one point last season, the female CSI who checked out the gun at the end (can never remember her name for some reason) had warned him about the fact that he didn't clean his gun.
Old 09-21-04, 08:02 AM

I gave up on CSI:Miami finally late last year (other than NY intro/crossover) because I couldn't stand Caruso any longer, and I forgot to watch last night even though I wanted to see what happened with Speed (the main character that I *did* like on that show!). Anyone want to specify how exactly Speed died? Something to do with a gun, I'm guessing...

Thanks,
Steph
Old 09-21-04, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When the "Rat Squad" IA guy showed up didn't he make some comment about Speed being involved in a weapons malfunction incident previously, and that he got written up for it?

Also, how did everyone read how the investigation into Speed's gun go?
When Calleigh was examining his gun, they showed a kind of close up shot of her looking into it. Are we to assume that there was debris or some kind of foreign matter that prevented the bullet from chambering properly, and that's why it didn't fire?
In other words, it was improper gun maintanence that caused it to not work in the emergency situation.

So her final determination on the report using the general term "Weapon Malfunction" was her way of preventing Speed from receiving direct blame for not properly cleaning his gun?

Do I kind of have that right?

And yes, I also liked Speed's character and am sorry to see him go.
Old 09-21-04, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
Botti Bliss's part cracked me up because it was just a throwaway "deliver H some lab results" part. I know she's better than that.
I also hoped for more screen time for Valera, my favorite lab tech.
Old 09-21-04, 09:30 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally posted by slh235
Anyone want to specify how exactly Speed died?
Sure.

When H and Speed went to the place where the lady's jewelry was cleaned (and replaced with fakes), while H was talking to the owner, Speed notice (through an interior window) that someone was hiding under a table in the back. Figuring something was not right, we drew his firearm and proceeded to the window. Then H noticed Speed with his gun out and took the defensive as well... then a door started to open and all hell broke loose.

There was a guy in the back with a gun and another one in another part of the building (who came out) and they both started firing. H returned fire, but Speed's gun jammed a few times, and when he briefly stopped to look at this gun, he caught a bullet part way between his left shoulder and his heart. He hit the floor, convulsed for a bit and then H was by his side talking talking to him, wiping the blood from his mouth, and then he stopped jerking around and fell silent. H checked his breathing, and then looked up (blood from the wound on his right cheek) and the camera switched to an overhead shot and you could see the blood pouring out his back and pooling across the floor.

Bye Speed.
Old 09-21-04, 10:01 AM

Thanks, Goldberg! What I'd been reading so far almost made it sound like his gun malfunctioned and blew up in his face or something! That would be a bummer way to send him off. At least getting killed in the line of duty (even if his gun was messed up) is somewhat honorable... But they sure didn't leave any doubt that he died quickly, did they?!

Steph
Old 09-21-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Valera had on that tight pullover shirt. Yum.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.