TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Happy Days 30 year reunion

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-04, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy Days 30 year reunion

ABC plans `Happy Days' reunion show

To mark the 30th anniversary of one of its most-loved sitcoms, ABC is holding a reunion for the "Happy Days" cast -- even Chuck.

The reunion show, set for later this season, will bring together nearly all of the cast from the long-running show, including Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, Tom Bosley, Marion Ross, Anson Williams, Don Most and Erin Moran. Gavin O'Herlihy and Randolph Roberts, who played older brother Chuck during the first two seasons, will also be on hand.

Whether series creator Garry Marshall will explain what happened to Chuck -- who was never heard from, seen nor even mentioned after the show's second season -- remains to be seen.

Along with a healthy dose of clips from the show, set in 1950s Milwaukee, and reminiscences from the cast, the special will also feature home movies.

In addition to the original cast, Scott "Chachi" Baio, Ted "Roger Phillips" McGinley, Penny "Laverne" Marshall, Cindy "Shirley" Williams, Pat "Arnold" Morita and others who played recurring or regular roles during "Happy Days' " 11-year run will also appear on the special.

Winkler, who currently plays a recurring part on Howard's Fox series "Arrested Development," is executive producing the special with Michael Levitt.
Old 09-12-04, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like it's going to be a lot of folks sitting around kissing each other's asses. I'll be there though.
Old 09-12-04, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry it doesn't look like they are going to take a cue from the recent Dick Van Dyke reunion that aired during May. I hate it when they get all the cast together and don't see fit to extend the show for one more story. Of course, I'll still end up watching this.