Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under 8/29/04

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-04, 09:32 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Six Feet Under 8/29/04

Ruth is giddy about going to a tantric workshop with George, who retreats to the family's emergency shelter. David's last bite at a sushi restaurant threatens to cost him - and Keith - a lot more than the bill; Nate drops a bomb on Barb, which sparks a counterattack; Claire fights Russell over credit for her latest photos; Margaret's hospital stay helps Brenda and Billy begin to heal their rift; and Vanessa shows she can beat Federico at his own game.

I knew Lisa's sister would attempt to take Mya away from Nate, so that was no real surprise. Honestly, I grew tired of David's after effects of the kidnapping, so the final scene was a bit of a let-down for me. Pretty solid episode though.
Old 08-29-04, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at David's storyline. I knew that guy was gay when he was getting onto David when he ripped out his earring.

Ruth get rid of that psycho George.

Claire, Russell wants you bad. Kill him. NOW.

Nate, you are in deep shit right now.

I can't believe there is only one episode left. Wondering if they are still going to wait a whole year to bring a new season.

And btw, that picture above is beautiful.
Old 08-29-04, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Russell is such a douchebag.

Great episode.....looking forward to the finale so I can finally ditch HBO again for a while....looks like it'll be 2006 before Sopranos, Deadwood or SFU will be back
Old 08-29-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by brizz
Great episode.....looking forward to the finale so I can finally ditch HBO again for a while....looks like it'll be 2006 before Sopranos, Deadwood or SFU will be back
brizz,

Same exact thing I do.
Old 08-29-04, 11:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Wanna speculate about next week?

spoilers...
Spoiler:
Apparently, Nate finds a picture of Lisa taken the day she 'died' on the beach. Who killer her? I think it is either Brenda or Lisa's sister. We see him asking "What really happened" to someone. My take on Brenda was that she may have pushed her off the edge so she could get Nate. However, things backfired when she met Joe and fell for him instead. But more me, I think Lisa's sister had some involvement in the whole thing. Lisa was on her way to visit her sister, and then dissapeared...either way, we fnd out in two weeks.
Old 08-30-04, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Wanna speculate about next week?

spoilers...
Spoiler:
Apparently, Nate finds a picture of Lisa taken the day she 'died' on the beach. Who killer her? I think it is either Brenda or Lisa's sister. We see him asking "What really happened" to someone. My take on Brenda was that she may have pushed her off the edge so she could get Nate. However, things backfired when she met Joe and fell for him instead. But more me, I think Lisa's sister had some involvement in the whole thing. Lisa was on her way to visit her sister, and then dissapeared...either way, we fnd out in two weeks.
Okay, I'll play:
Spoiler:
Maybe it's Lisa's sister's husband. He and Lisa were having an affair, and Lisa wanted to come clean about it with Nate. He killed Lisa so his wife wouldn't find out. I hope it isn't something cheesy like that though.
Can't wait to see what they've got in store for the season finale in 2 weeks.

Rob
Old 08-30-04, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nate has always been my favorite character on the show. Why can't these writers ever give him a goddamn break? Sweet Jesus!
Old 08-30-04, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Solid episode - it's amazing how George can always find a new way to be annoying.
Old 08-30-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nate should be far smarter than he is portrayed. Last week he screwed himself by not getting Mya and Brenda out of Idaho instead of going to the coffeeshop. This week he comes clean (always a bad choice in your situation Nate...although I am surprised you're open to the sister-in-law but not Brenda).

I'm going to guess RobCA is on the right track. Hopefully they won't leave crap up in the air like they did with Season 2...the Season 3 opener was such a bad payoff for the cliffhanger from Season 2.
Old 08-30-04, 12:39 PM

I'm pretty sure this will be another cliffhanger episode...
Old 08-30-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ok, it's down to the wire, they can make up for a lackluster season with a great finale. I'm looking forward to David vs. Kidnapper too.

A lot of storylines are leading up to the finale, I hope they do it well.

So far, (and I know I'm the minority in this) the best episode was the kidnapping episode. Now if they top this with the finale I'll be very happy.
Old 08-30-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by kramdenfan
I'm pretty sure this will be another cliffhanger episode...
I don't mind there being a cliffhanger...what I do mind is not having a payoff on the season opener (like Season 2 end to Season 3 beginning).
Old 08-30-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A pretty lackluster episode IMO. Didn't see the previews for next week, but based on some of the spoilerized information above, it definitely sounds interesting.
Old 08-31-04, 01:49 AM

I thought Russell had a point as he was the impetus to Claire rediscovering her collage-making ways. I thought Ruth's reaction to finding the weed was quite funny, hopefully Claire will start to moderate her drug use, but that would be non-SFU like.
Old 08-31-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Chaza
I thought Ruth's reaction to finding the weed was quite funny,
I thought it would have been funny if Claire had offered Ruth some. That would have been a great scene, them getting high together. Ruth was acting so blase about it, I almost expected her to ask Claire if she could smoke some.
Old 08-31-04, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by marty888
Solid episode - it's amazing how George can always find a new way to be annoying.
At this stage, I don't think he's trying. His behavior is getting more and more erratic and paranoid ....
Spoiler:
I think he is showing initial signs of Alzheimer's disease.
Old 08-31-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rfduncan
At this stage, I don't think he's trying. His behavior is getting more and more erratic and paranoid ....
Spoiler:
I think he is showing initial signs of Alzheimer's disease.
That's the same thing my girlfriend suggested. Weird.
Old 08-31-04, 12:15 PM

Here's a thought on the issue with
Spoiler:
Nate talking to someone about what happened to Lisa. Any chance it could be Billy he's talking to? Billy and Brenda haven't talked in what appears to be many months, now all of a sudden he's back. Maybe, and this is a stretch, he was involved because he knew Brenda still had feelings for Nate, and getting Lisa out of the picture would get him and Brenda talking again....

Again, I know it's very far-fetched, but I thought it might be interesting!
Old 08-31-04, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jadzia
I thought it would have been funny if Claire had offered Ruth some. That would have been a great scene, them getting high together. Ruth was acting so blase about it, I almost expected her to ask Claire if she could smoke some.
I got the feeling that she wanted some...real bad.

I love Ruth.
Old 09-01-04, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't believe a pity screw got David's lawsuit against him dismissed.
Old 09-01-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Can't believe a pity screw got David's lawsuit against him dismissed.
Not even sure it was more than a blowjob. The other guy was dressed on the bed when Keith zipped up. Besides the guy's lawsuit was completely lame - reconstructive surgery and dropping out of producing a film because he lost a small hoop-ring from his ear lobe? Not to mention he was being a total a-hole. Interestingly we never see who threw the 1st punch either...

Anyway, the point of that whole scenario is that Keith will do anything to keep David out of trouble. I sense that this entire course of event will have many, MANY repercussions.
Old 09-01-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a comment... Placed in spolers to keep with the rest, but aren't spoilers intended for those who KNOW what's gonna happen...and not speculation?

Spoiler:
They found a Dr. Pepper I think in Lisa's car. Should we be watching for someone drinking Dr. Pepper in the last episode? Is this what sets Nate off and gets him to put two and two together. (Picture, another soda can, etc.)

Don't know how Nate is gonna get out of the burial switch.

David's story is gonna be interesting. Will he go off? Will he cower again?

Russell DID help Clair discover the concept and deserved credit for any shots he took of Claire. BUT...any new shots are her property alone. IMHO.

Is Rico gonna get back with Vanessa? Has George finally lost it?

Lot's ta answer for the last episode. Anyone find out if it is 2 hours or not?
Old 09-01-04, 02:04 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I don't think SFU has ever really been 2 hours long. I just hope they don't drag it on to next season (which will most likley be NEXT June!)
Old 09-01-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
I don't think SFU has ever really been 2 hours long. I just hope they don't drag it on to next season (which will most likley be NEXT June!)
In another thread, someone pointed out that if the last episode is only an hour long, they will be one short of their usual number for the season. (Say it is normally 13/year, this will only be 12 for Season 4.) Someone chimed in with the fact that a two hour episode would "make up" for the one less episode.

Sounded believeable at the the time, but haven't heard anything else about it...and my online TV listings show 'No Info Available' for the hour after the normal timeslot. Could be too far out, or....
Old 09-01-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
According to the schedule at HBO.com it will be a 1 hour episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.