TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Da Ali G Show --- Sacha Baron Cohen

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-04, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by slop101

And, man, Andy Rooney's a total dick.
Completely agree. I think that was one of the best Ali G segments this whole season. I wish it went on longer.

Bruno's bit with the spring breakers is priceless. "Daytona Beach - where men go to be gay!" (or something like that)

(BTW - why are we still posting in the thread for the 7.18 episode?)
Old 08-23-04, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sacha Baron Cohen aka ALI G

Anyone listen on the Howard Stern Show? Funny, but he sounded way too normal. He's also dating a hottie Isla Fisher who is converting to Judaism, just for him.

"Throw the Jew down the Well" was a hilarious song

Last edited by knuckles; 08-23-04 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-23-04, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Throw the Jew down the well,
So my people can be free,
You must grab him by his horns,
And we'll have a big party.....
Old 08-23-04, 07:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Da Ali G Show --- Sacha Baron Cohen

Originally posted by knuckles
Anyone listen on the Howard Stern Show? Funny, but he sounded way too normal. He's also dating a hottie Isla Fisher who is converting to Judaism, just for him.
Probably for god too.

Maybe.
Old 08-23-04, 07:38 PM

Best episode of the season, by far IMO. I think it is a solid contender with episode 1 "Da Law" from season one for best of both seasons. Sad that it is over! Went by so quick.

Originally posted by DJLinus
(BTW - why are we still posting in the thread for the 7.18 episode?)
Just because there aren't enough people posting about it and it is easier to find this thread than searching around for six small different ones. I guess...
Old 08-24-04, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just downloaded his movie from a few years ago In Da House. So far, it's good stuff. It took 24 hrs on Kazaa lite, but since it's not available in the US on DVD, it's as good as we can get.
Old 08-24-04, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by dick_grayson
I just downloaded his movie from a few years ago In Da House. So far, it's good stuff. It took 24 hrs on Kazaa lite, but since it's not available in the US on DVD, it's as good as we can get.
Inda house is completely different from the type of humor found on the show. I like it, but some of my friends who love the show don't. If you want good stuff similar to the show, look for "Aiiiiii", "Innit", and "Bling Bling". You can get them all from Amazon.co.uk.
Old 08-26-04, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
So is season 2 done now? are they doing a season 3 on HBO?
Old 08-26-04, 03:18 PM

I'd be completely shocked it there wasn't a season 3. The show is just starting to really catch on. I think this is due to 2 things, one being Sacha Cohen finally doing interviews after never before doing so out of character. The second is "Throw the Jew down the Well". Any publicity is good publicity.

I just listened to the Hower Stern interview. It is great. What was the most shocking is that HBO made him pull one bit! Last place I would expect that no matter how shocking. Some Texan stated to talk about how the final solution was good, and of course Borat was going along with it. Aired in England though.

No wait, I forgot. HAHA. He also explained how Borat went to some New Age healer. The guy put him in some room (he actually said a cage) and left and told him when he comes back, he better be totally relaxed. When the guy came back Borat was (pretending to ) pleasure himself. The guy flipped and called the cops. They came and said that he would have to go to jail for two years. All the time Cohen is thinking to himself, "Alright, when do I break character and explain to the cops that it is all a joke and I wasn't really doing that." Well, I guess he never did, somehow got out of the situation, but the cops took the tape and they havn't been able to get it back.

Two more I have to tell for those who can't get a copy of the stern show. (it is on a newsgroup and he tells them much better than I).

One is during the Southern freedom of speech rally as Bruno that aired season 1. Apparently he was doing the, "How did you get to be so cute" with another guy, but this guy flipped and pulled a gun. He got the tape also and went to get his friends who started chasing Bruno. Cohen is running and he said that he was also thinking, "How would Bruno run" and was trying to run like him!!! But he said he was still halling ass and made it away. Another tape gone though!

2. Finally at some gay pride parade, Borat went up to an obvious transvestite that was fat/hariy/huge, etc. and started the whole "You are beautiful woman" thing I bet you can imagine. Well he/she took him back and at one point got him pinned in a phonebooth size area where the camera isn't (so no tape!). At this time Borat is going "But my wife" and Cohen is realizing that this person is much stronger than him! He also can't get the door open while this beast is trying to rape him! Again, Cohen is thinking when should I break character and come clean. But...he didn't. He finally got the door open and ran away screaming, "you are nice, but I have wife."
Old 11-07-05, 10:48 AM

Couple of questions....

Anyone know if there is going to be any new shows on HBO?

Also when Ali G refers to "the stains" is that the actual name of a place or slang and what for?
Old 11-07-05, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Grimm1
Couple of questions....

Anyone know if there is going to be any new shows on HBO?

Also when Ali G refers to "the stains" is that the actual name of a place or slang and what for?

Staines is a suburb outside London. I'm not sure when the new episodes will be aired, but I do know that they've all been shot and should be ready. I remember reading in the paper that Ali G was in DC at the gay pride parade, I believe.
Old 11-07-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was surprised to see Ali G "interviewing" Steve Nash on the NBA's opening night. I was wondering if the normal NBA crowd had a clue who he was.
Old 07-20-06, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Which Ali G episode is this from????

There's one where he's as Ali G is interviewing someone and he asks about a female president and how Hillary Clinton, I believe would be seated on some throne with "two geezer's massive dongs" in each hand giving them hjs (kind of in an Arsenio Hall sense, but with both hands and not in a round motion). SOrry this is so vague. I always ape the double hj thing at work and wanted to show my boss the clip. Thanks
Old 07-20-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
I always ape the double hj thing at work ....
I do NOT want to know where you work!

Or maybe I do, just so I can be sure to avoid it!