Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Annoying Television Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-04, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
I really like that song, at least the part when it speeds up and sounds very "Laugh-In" go-go dancer-ish.
It's not the song itself so much that annoys me (in fact, it's stuck in my head right now). It's everything else--the whole unfathomable package. I just don't get it.
Old 08-08-04, 12:20 AM
Suspended

Not so much annoying, but more like disturbing.

Damn SubWay are coming out w/ these wrap artist commercials. There's one where the dude says, "come down to subway, I'll rub one out for you." WTF? That's just nasty.
Old 08-09-04, 05:28 AM

Flip Side -- One of the Geico ads that's really funny is the ad which features the two "Soap Opera" actors. The man says to his girl/mistress (in all his "Days Of Our Lives" seriousness) .......

"I saved! I thought that meant something to you!"

Old 08-09-04, 08:54 AM

Davidvp that one doesn't bug me especially since that girl is hot.
Old 08-09-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by SexualPudding
I have to agree with the CortiSlim ads. They make me want to smash that Cynaumon guy's face in. He comes across as such a pompous ass. I don't know at what point they really started to annoy me, but it has gotten to the point where even his body language during the commercials piss me off.

DasMonkey is absolutely right. The whole point of the commercial is to do nothing more than pander to the more "Jabba-esque" people out there. By him saying "ohh...no offense, but if you are only looking to lose 10-15 lbs. then Corti Slim is NOT for you", it is attempting to make the really obese people who want to lose weight without working hard think "Oh my God! There is finally something that will work. This must be a miracle pill!" The fact that they do this, as well as the little "tell us how much weight you want to lose, and if your goal is healthy, we will guarantee results" thing just tries to convey the image that 1) they have a clue what they are doing, and 2) they sincerely care about you.

I truly feel sorry for the people who are so desperate that they would believe this kind of garbage. The funniest part about the whole "if you are only looking to lose 10 lbs. then Corti Slim is not for you" line is that those people are likely to have the best results using the product, since just about anything they will be losing will be water weight.

Horrible, horrible commercial, and if I ever come across the Sea Anemone on the street, I am going to light his ass up like a Christmas tree.

Wow... couldnt have said it any better... I have always been thin, but that guy pisses the hell out of me... I head similar weight loss ads with that same crap, about "don't use this product if you want to lose a ton of weight..." and things like that... you can see right through the delivery and straight to the greed...
Old 08-09-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

while I am thinking about it... I also hate the stupid geico commercials... its just a rip off of the much funnier Holiday Inn Express type ads from a while back

Also cant stand Greyhound commercials, any types... those buses are the WORST... and the terminals are gathering places for the scum of the earth... had to take one years back for an army physical... and THAT was the worst part of the trip