Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What Is Your Favorite "Simpsons" Episode and/or Moment?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-04, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know everyone has an opinion on this. What's your favorite episode and/or Simpsons moment throughout the years? When I say moment, it doesn't have to be just one quote. It can be an exchange of dialogue or an entire scene.
Old 06-23-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
"Homer the Heretic"
Old 06-23-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all time fav moment.... when homer and bart get lost in the woods and they go to trap a rabbit with a bent tree and loop trap.. Rabbit comes along Homers goes "AH HA!" but then the trap just grabs and flings ---------> the rabbit to the horizon..

making me laugh just thinking about it now.. hehe.. All time fav moment, if I had to just pick one from all the years....
Old 06-23-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love how no matter what kind of vehicle it is, if it crashes, it immediately bursts into flame.

"Can't this town go one day without a riot?"
Old 06-23-04, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There have been so many. A recent one has me laughing on the floor every time I see it. It is the one where Homer has to get the bear into the animal preserve. He gets it in and says the bear is safe. Lisa says 'why is he being attacked by an elephant' and it shows the elephant shaking the bear. The next shot has the bear beating the elephant with a stick. Homer walks away and says "circle of life'. Cracks me up.
Old 06-23-04, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My favorite is the softball episode.
Old 06-24-04, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The one dedicated to the Steel Workers of America is my favorite.
Old 06-24-04, 12:31 AM

The one where Homer is going to his death in the bucket truck.
As the truck goes deeper and deeper into the water, Homer looks into the sky and says,
"I don't know if you're up there. But if you are, please save me Superman!"

That is one funny moment.
Old 06-24-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the "rear window" episode.

The ending is so friggin hilarious.
Old 06-24-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For an episode, I'd pick "The Call of the Simpsons". In the first act it has Albert Brooks as an RV salesman, and in the third act Homer is thought to be Bigfoot.

I hate to pick a moment from a clip show, but the one that I think of the most is the D'oh! montage from "So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show" in season 4.

Last edited by NavinJohnson; 06-24-04 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-24-04, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the James Bond knock off episode is my favorite.
Old 06-24-04, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've just been a casual veiwer so there's plenty of episodes I've yet to see but "Trilogy of Error" has got to be the one that sticks out most in my mind. The use of 3 different POVs in the story was perfectly writen.

And the "Run, Lisa, Run" sequence from that epsiode would be my favorite moment.
Old 06-24-04, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Too hard to just pick one moment, but the standout episodes for me are the X-Files episode, the film festival, the one where they visit Tokyo, and for more sentimental reasons, the one with Dustin Hoffman as Lisa's substitute teacher.
Old 06-24-04, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I love Homer's candy dreamland sequence where the chocolate dog comes up to him and he picks it up and takes a bite out of it, then it runs away yelping.
Old 06-24-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the 'dennis the menace' take off episode where george bush moves in across the street. a favorite.

i also like the 'plow king' episode.
Old 06-24-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"22 Short Films About Springfield"

I love any ensemble episodes, but this was the best. Every little storyline was pure gold, and it had my favorite moment too--the Pulp Fiction takeoff with Wiggum.
Old 06-24-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Can't pick one favorite episode.

My favorite moment....this exchange:

The Comic Book Guy is busy arguing with a salesman about an unsatisfactory purchase.

CBG: Yes, finally! I would like to return your quote, unquote Ultimate Belt.

Salesman: I see. Do you have a receipt, quote, unquote, sir?

CBG: No, I do not have a receipt. I won it as a door prize at the Star Trek Convention, although I find their choice of prize highly illogical, as the average Trekker has no use for a medium-sized belt.

Salesman: Whoa! Whoa! A fat, sarcastic Star Trek fan. You must be a devil with the ladies. [sarcastic wink]

CBG: Hey, I... [sighs] That... Oh...

Salesman: Gee, I hate to let you down, Casanova, but, uh, no receipt, no return. [walks away]

Bart: I'll give you four bucks for it.

CBG: [sighs, then sells him the belt] Very well. I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
Old 06-24-04, 11:24 AM

The one with Frank Grimes is my all time favorite. Kept me laughing all the way through especially when Homer's talking in his sleep at Grimy's funeral.

Followed closely with the time travelling toaster skit aka. raining donunts, that was in one of the Halloween episode.
Old 06-24-04, 12:18 PM

Totally Frank Grimes. That one almost had me on the floor laughing.
Old 06-24-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
$pringfield, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling.
Old 06-24-04, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by Morf
I love Homer's candy dreamland sequence where the chocolate dog comes up to him and he picks it up and takes a bite out of it, then it runs away yelping.
That was a classic! Normally, my favorite Simpsons recollections are ones that I forget or missed and a friend explains it to me.

I haven't seen the episode where this occurs, but I recall a friend's description vividly: the Bart and his classmates go on a crappy field trip because the school is low on funds, but then they sneak into some sort of Civil War re-enactment and the punchline is the awkward teenager (<-not sure exactly which character) saying, "Hey, stop those kids, they're trying to get an education for free!"

If someone knows the title to that episode, I would really appreciate it!
Old 06-24-04, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by Barings

I haven't seen the episode where this occurs, but I recall a friend's description vividly: the Bart and his classmates go on a crappy field trip because the school is low on funds, but then they sneak into some sort of Civil War re-enactment and the punchline is the awkward teenager (<-not sure exactly which character) saying, "Hey, stop those kids, they're trying to get an education for free!"

If someone knows the title to that episode, I would really appreciate it!

The PTA Disbands.

The best part about that scene is Otto using Skinner's 'credit card' (a siphon hose) to steal gas. Then when they try to get away in the bus, Uter can't catch up and gets beaten by the Civil War actors.
Old 06-24-04, 01:46 PM

Homer: Barney, where is my car?

Barney: (drunk/hungover)...the only thing I remember about the last four weeks is giving a guest lecture at Vilanova...or maybe it was a street corner?
Old 06-24-04, 01:48 PM

"Do it for her"
Old 06-24-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
The blowfish episode had many great moments, particularly how Homer breezily goes through the various stages of death anxiety. After surviving the night, he vows to live life to the fullest. So he spends the day watching bowling and munching on lite pork rinds. (I know the original ending was scrapped for time constraints, but this other one works was perfect.)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.