Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Season Four [SPOILERS]

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Originally posted by Doughboy
Keeler's returning? So that means they'll actually have a Republican President on the show next season? I know this is the Fox network, but that's still a surprise.
Your assuming that Palmer was a Democrat...I don't think it was ever specified on the show.
Old 07-21-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Your assuming that Palmer was a Democrat...I don't think it was ever specified on the show.
It was mentioned around 2/3 of the way through Season 1.
Old 07-21-04, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, Sherry said it.
Old 07-21-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they knew they weren't bringing these people back they should have killed them off towards the end of the season.
Old 07-21-04, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by zuckuss
This is pretty much considered to be the final season".
Is that your speculation or did someone involved with the show say that? I thought I read somewhere that Keifer was signed for like 8 seasons or something. Why would Fox quit on their top rated drama?

Maybe 24 will be like SG1. Season 5 was supposed to be the last for that show and they are now in #8 and discussing a 9th season.
Old 07-22-04, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger
Yeah, Sherry said it.
I stand corrected, then. Naturally, I think we all assumed he was a Dem., but I always was under the belief that they intentionally left it ambiguous...I guess not.
Old 07-22-04, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It just seems like they are cutting payroll, but perhaps it'll still be entertaining, though it'll be sad to see a lot of the regular dismissed from the show.
Old 07-23-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i'm definitly gonna miss tony the most, i thought he added the most character to CTU....I'll miss palmer second....I dont think i'll miss anyone else from CTU (including michelle).....looks like day 4 might be really different than the past 3. (heard somewhere that keifer will ahve a major love interest)...either way i'm loking forard to it.
Old 07-25-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Boy, what a stupid move.

All of these characters just written out of the show, and Dennis Haysbert is just a travesty. He should have gotten to stay with the Jack Bauer character.

I am looking forward to the show airing in January with no repeats, that should be good for all of us.

Anyway, it wouldn't have come on until November anyway because of Major League Baseball. Then you would've had the Christmas break where nothing new can be shown for weeks.

I agree they should have killed off a few more people.
Old 07-25-04, 03:56 PM

I think the biggest challenge with this show is to make it fresh. Because of the format, it can lead to predictability. I like the 24 hour period, it adds something different and adds to the intensity of the show at times. Continuing with the same cast would have led to very similar plot lines to those we've seen in the past.
Palmer is in trouble, Terrorists make threats, there is upheavel going on at CTU. My favorite season was #2, when Jack came back as a "private citizen" and wasn't taking crap from anyone. I'd love for it to return to that character.
Old 07-26-04, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
Boy, what a stupid move.

All of these characters just written out of the show, and Dennis Haysbert is just a travesty. He should have gotten to stay with the Jack Bauer character.
Yeah, they should have turned 24 into a buddy road trip show. Bauer and Palmer could drive around righting wrongs in the American West. Plus, they're both swingin' singles now.
Old 07-26-04, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
as for tinkering with the format '24 hours' I'm on the fence. It is almost at that completely unbelievable point now.

I always thought they could switch it to 24 days. Have a widespread terrorist attack. The problem with 1 day, you never get to see the end result. Not much resolution.
Old 08-06-04, 01:12 PM

Jack's Got a New Girlfriend, Fresh Colleagues on '24'

Not sure if this needs spoilers or not, but here goes:

Spoiler:
Friday, August 06 09:38 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) For the fourth longest day of his life, Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer will be surrounded by a fresh group of friends and co-workers and quite possibly a new woman in his live. With many of the most popular or familiar "24" characters either dead or reduced to recurring cameos, only Sutherland seems assured of a full 24 episodes on the Emmy-winning FOX drama and even that isn't for sure.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, four actors have been cast for appearances of varying lengths on "24." Viewers will have to wait for January to meet the characters played by Kim Raver, Nestor Serrano, Oscar nominee Shohreh Aghdashloo and Louis Lombardi.

Raver will play Audrey Raines, an aide to the Secretary of Defense. She will also be Jack's new love interest. The actress has spent the past five years playing Kimberly Zambrano on NBC's "Third Watch."

Serrano ("The Day After Tomorrow") and Aghdashloo ("House of Sand and Fog") will play a Middle Eastern couple which, in "24"-speak can only mean trouble. Lombardi (FBI agent Skip Lipari on HBO's "The Sopranos") will play a new agent at the Counter Terrorism Unit.

Not sure how she will do in that role.

Chris
Old 09-13-04, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone know when Season 3 will be on DVD?