DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twin Peaks Marathon (Austin, TX)

From the Alamo Drafthouse website

TWIN PEAKS MARATHON

Description:
FREE CHERRY PIE!
BOTTOMLESS COFFEE!
CELEBRITY GUESTS KIMMY ROBERTSON (Lucy Moran), PHOEBE AUGUSTINE (Ronette Pulaski) AND MORE IN THE WORKS!!

You are a die hard fan. You’ve seen all the episodes, you eat cherry pie, you have an unhealthy attraction to logs, you can dance like a freakish dwarf, you have cruised the Dresden Lounge in search of the tall man. But have you ever watched all 29 episodes of Twin Peaks in one sitting? We believe this to be the true litmus test of Twin Peaks fandom. We’ll have bottomless cups of hot, black coffee, dwarf dancing contests, cherry stem tying contests and more! We may even have an actual Twin Peaks celebrity come down for the occasion. Check the web for more details, and get plenty of sleep on Friday the 16th, because it’s going to be a long and very strange night.

NOTE REGARDING PARKING DOWNTOWN FOR 26 HOURS: Downtown meter parking is free on Saturdays and Sundays. We have called the city and confirmed that cars parked at a meter over night Saturday to Sunday DO NOT get towed. Watch for signs that say "valet parking after 5:30 pm" and avoid those areas because they will tow from those spots. If you want to park in the lot next door it will cost $7 and it will be alright over night there as well.
Old 06-21-04, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<----- wishes I was in TX.
Old 06-22-04, 12:29 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

That place is always doing cool stuff. I've never made it down there, but I've always wanted to go to the Tarantino fest. I never understood why none of my friends wanted to go with me to that.
Old 06-22-04, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nny
That place is always doing cool stuff. I've never made it down there, but I've always wanted to go to the Tarantino fest. I never understood why none of my friends wanted to go with me to that.
Yeah, they also have a showing of the original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in the house where it was filmed later this year. The ticket price is a little steep, but I'm thinking of going.
Old 06-22-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just one more reason to hate the fact that the Alamo Drafthouse is only in friggin' Austin, Texas.
Old 06-22-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by grunter
Just one more reason to hate the fact that the Alamo Drafthouse is only in friggin' Austin, Texas.
The good news is that they've expanded to Houston so who knows where they'll go next. The bad news is that the newer locations are nowhere near as cool as the original.

But, hey, with all of those empty mall movie theaters around, maybe they'll look into franchising.
Old 06-22-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Damn I wish I was in Texas.