Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

the Shield "on tilt" season finale 6/15

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-04, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a different take on the hooker...

MAYBE he felt guilty about fighting whats-her-name on the release of the "innocent" people in jail, and wanted to sort of make up for it... do one good deed, stop one prostitute... I don't think he intended to go through with it because he badged her WAY too soon...

just a thought...
Old 06-17-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think Acevada realizes he really is gay.
Old 06-17-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I started to think that Acevada was looking for a male prostitute for a while.

Great episode. Vic is just plain nuts. I really thought that he was going to blow Shane's head off. That is why I love this show. With other shows, you know that something like that would not happen - with this one, it just might. I thought that Lem was a goner as well.

I hate this time of the year when all the good shows end!
Old 06-17-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^^Actually movieking, I think if the last scene in the Shield was on any other show, Shane would've been shot. Not killed, but shot at. It would've been cliche and predictable. What I like about this show is that it's always still grounded in reality.

The cops draw their guns on this show but they don't fire them very often. And from the statistics I have read regarding real police, this seems accurate.
Old 06-17-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps, but I really don't think so. I don't think that shooting/killing off a major character (and opening credit actor) would be cliche and predictable, especially at the hands of his best friend/major character/"good guy" (I know Vic is not good, etc, but he is the star of the show, and you do root for him, so he is good in that respect).

Besides, how would they have explained Shane getting shot?

BTW, I loved that Lem burned almost all the money.
Old 06-17-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I was so hoping Acevada would pick up the hooker and then get surrounded by cops who were doing a sting operation
Old 06-17-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
I was so hoping Acevada would pick up the hooker and then get surrounded by cops who were doing a sting operation

Geez - hasn't the poor guy been through enough?
Old 06-17-04, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the episode was really good. Got a lot of questions answered, but also left a lot out there for next season.
Old 06-17-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think they should burn the rest of the money. Seriously, Lem burned like 95% of it, they've still got Dutch, the treasury, and the Armenian mob looking for the dough. In for a dime, in for a dollar.
Old 06-17-04, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by cleaver
I think they should burn the rest of the money. Seriously, Lem burned like 95% of it, they've still got Dutch, the treasury, and the Armenian mob looking for the dough. In for a dime, in for a dollar.
I kind of thought they should too, but didn't they say there was something like $1.5 million left? That's still quite a bit of money, and they only have to divide it by three now.
Old 06-17-04, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jonny2k1
I kind of thought they should too, but didn't they say there was something like $1.5 million left? That's still quite a bit of money, and they only have to divide it by three now.
IIRC, they said that they each got only $65k with what was left.
Old 06-17-04, 05:02 PM

great finally 8-]
Old 06-17-04, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Boot
IIRC, they said that they each got only $65k with what was left.
That is the figure that I recall as well.
Old 06-17-04, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It was around $195K, split 3 ways (since Lem burned his massive share).
Old 06-17-04, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by movieking
Perhaps, but I really don't think so. I don't think that shooting/killing off a major character (and opening credit actor) would be cliche and predictable, especially at the hands of his best friend/major character/"good guy" (I know Vic is not good, etc, but he is the star of the show, and you do root for him, so he is good in that respect).
I just think if Vic shot Shane, for example, then that's the easy way out of that situation/scene. Him holding back his anger with the gun in his hand makes the scene that more powerful than him trying to send a bullet through Shane's car as he drove away.
Old 06-18-04, 12:32 PM

It was $2.8 million each, so eith $11.2 million or $8.4 million depending on whether they were couting Lem; after the burning it's $195,000.
Old 06-18-04, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I thought they said Lems cut (the part he burned) was only 2 mil, it struckk me weird as I thought they got more. Maybe it was 11.2.
Old 06-19-04, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 395 Likes on 283 Posts
As for the Arminain girl and Vic I was wondering if she might claim rape or something to stay in the country. That was what went thru my head anyway...
Old 06-19-04, 07:54 PM

I just finally saw the season finale on tape and my vcr cut off the last couple of minutes because I guess the episode went longer than an hour. The last thing I saw before the tape cut out was Lem about to drive off after Shane tell's him off.

Can someone tell me how the show ended? From reading this thread I see that Vic and Shane got into some kind of argument and Vic points his gun at Shane. What happened? Thanks!
Old 06-21-04, 12:24 AM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

My TiVo'd version got cut off too, but I think I only missed a few seconds of the ending before the cut to the credits.

Llama, here's the breakdown:

Shane tells Lem off, Lem says he's out for good and peels off. Vic tells Ronnie to go after Lem and try to talk him back and says that he and Shane will go to Lem's house in case Ronnie can't catch up with him.

After Ronnie drives off, Vic and Shane have it out over the money, Mara, and Lem. Shane regurgitates the line about how Vic treats him like a little brother and Vic calls his bs. Then Shane puts his gun on Vic's car and says let's throw down. Vic does the same, but Shane insults the fact that Vic's family has been blown apart and that he's going home to a loving wife. That almost sets Vic off and he tells Shane if he knows what good for him he should walk away.

Shane does the smart thing, takes his gun back off the car, and walks away. Vic grabs his gun off the car and walks after Shane, looking like he's going to put one in the back of his head, but doesn't. The end.

Wow.
Old 06-21-04, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Actually what set Vic off was when he countered Shane's jab about family with the news that his daughter was going to be staying with him. Shane then made the comment about Vuc being such a great dad and asking how long his daughter staying with him would last.
Old 06-21-04, 09:08 AM

After rewatching the finale, Shane said Lem's cut was $2.8 mill, so they stole $2.8 mill + $195,000 = about $3 million.
Old 06-21-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cleaver
After rewatching the finale, Shane said Lem's cut was $2.8 mill, so they stole $2.8 mill + $195,000 = about $3 million.
Am I the only one who was perplexed by the amount they stole from the money train? While three million is allot of money it ain't big mob/drug kinda money. Supposedly the Armenian mob sends the money out once a month; it should be allot more than 3 mil. I guess I was under the impression (from the size of the pile and the reactions of the team when they saw it) that it was much more. Like 100 million.
Old 06-21-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally posted by DeputyDave
Am I the only one who was perplexed by the amount they stole from the money train? While three million is allot of money it ain't big mob/drug kinda money. Supposedly the Armenian mob sends the money out once a month; it should be allot more than 3 mil. I guess I was under the impression (from the size of the pile and the reactions of the team when they saw it) that it was much more. Like 100 million.

That is what I thought as well. Seeing it all laid out in a pile on that table led me to believe that we were talking at least tens of millions. I guess I just assumed that were all large denominations.

It seems a tad unrealistic that they would risk so much for just $3M.
Old 06-22-04, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by shaggybrown
The Armenian chick will fake a pregnancy to trick Vic into divorcing his wife and marrying her.
Yeah right. In order to get her safe SHE'S BEING DEPORTED. Besides isn't this what Maura is doing with Shane?

Last edited by rfduncan; 06-22-04 at 09:55 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.