Reload this Page >

DirecTV Triple LNB Dish question

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-13-04, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be moving soon and want to purchase a DirecTV with Tivo system for the new house.

I have a question about the Triple LNB dishes. I had DirecTV several years ago and remember you needed a special multi-switch so that DirecTV can be enjoyed in more than 2 rooms. Now with the Triple LNB dish, it seems there are more outputs on the dishes (I think 4), but you are still limited, especially since you need 2 outputs for a single DirecTivo unit. My question is, can you attach a multi switch to the Three LNB dish to enable more outputs to the rest of your home?

With my old dish, I remember attaching a multi switch to the two cables coming off the dish. But now there will be 4 cables coming off the dish. Do you need to use a multi switch that has 4 inputs? Or do you still use the switch with just 2?

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks for any info.
Old 06-13-04, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You will need a cascading multiswitch

See my response in this post

Direct TV/Tivo/3LNB setup
Old 06-13-04, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is a special multiswitch that is needed for these dishes. It is a four input 8 output multiswitch. All four lines from the dish need to be hooked up to the new multiswitch or it will not work. Not all of the 8 output multiswitches will work with the new dish so be carefull. Here is a lonk from Ebay for one that should work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...704609500&rd=1