Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Restaurant 6-5

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-04, 08:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Restaurant 6-5

What did the text at the end say? I missed it.
Was this the last episode, and the text at the end explained the outcome?
Old 06-05-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Stupid NBC. I missed the whole episode.

Old 06-05-04, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They are suing each other for control of the restaurant. The saga goes on. Momma's still working her magic on her meatballs at the restaurant for now.
Old 06-05-04, 10:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Patman
They are suing each other for control of the restaurant. The saga goes on. Momma's still working her magic on her meatballs at the restaurant for now.
so was it the last episode? and the text at the end i missed said they r suing each other?
Old 06-05-04, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup!!!!

Lame.
Old 06-06-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was funny that this was the season/series finale and the episode spent practically a half hour arguing about burning wood in the oven.

I guess there is a reason they didn't keep filming.
Old 06-07-04, 12:10 PM

They should have Jeffrey and Rocco battle it out in a steel cage match for control of the resturant. Or even a celebrity boxing match between mama and Jeffrey. I think mama can take him.
Old 06-07-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Another silly thing that happened was all the time they spent in the last episode showing Jeffery & company eating a meal!

"ooh, this is so good, yum!"

If Mark Burnett ever attempts a show like this again, he needs to make it where one of the employees gets fired every week or competes for something. The "drama" on this show was so non-profound most of the time.
Old 06-07-04, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Was it just me, or was Rocco starting to pork out a little. His face was getting a bit on the bloated side.
Old 06-07-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Was it just me, or was Rocco starting to pork out a little. His face was getting a bit on the bloated side.
I think that must be a physical manifestation of Rocco's bloated self-importance.
Old 06-07-04, 05:20 PM

For whatever reason, that seems to happen to all chefs once they get a show. On Food Network, you can watch Jamie Oliver, Rachael Ray, Tyler Durden, I mean Florence, progressively get larger as their shows go on. It must be the stress of being on TV- I mean, weren't they all chefs before their shows?
As for Rocco, I saw a morning show interview with him before the show started and he said he'd be willing to buy out Jeffrey, but that Jeffrey was asking to be refunded his original buyin and Rocco thinks the restaurant isn't as valuable anymore. What a bastard.
And did it seem like Rocco was on something in the second to last episode? He just seemed out of it- I mean out of it and not just lazy like he normally is. He fires the head chef, then promises to take over for him, but then immediately bails and goes on the serving floor. While on the floor he talks to a group of women and keeps asking if one of the girls' boob jobs are real (!). Then he leaves the restaurant to go across the street to his office. That guy Laurent comes over to get him back, and he's smoking a cigar and acting all loopy. Plus, it seems cameras aren't allowed to follow Rocco when he doesn't want it. Was the cigar just covering the smell of the marahoochy???
And one final question: Is Rocco really that big of a lazy arrogant bastard, or did the show just use creative editing to make him be that guy you want to punch in the face?
Old 06-07-04, 05:24 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Stupid NBC. I missed the whole episode.

Bravo will be re-airing all the episodes, starting this Wednesday.

http://www.bravotv.com/The_Restaurant/
Old 06-07-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe Rocco has Lyme disease.
Old 06-08-04, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DRG
Bravo will be re-airing all the episodes, starting this Wednesday.

http://www.bravotv.com/The_Restaurant/
Thanks for the notice! Looks like i'll have to wait till July for the episode i missed. They have to do a marathon somehwere in there, its not Bravo has better stuff to air.
Old 06-08-04, 07:06 PM

Saw this today
Rocco Can Enter Restaurant

Judge Lets DiSpirito Enter Restaurant
By SAMUEL MAULL
Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - A judge gave television chef Rocco DiSpirito permission Tuesday to enter the restaurant that bears his name so he could take photographs of himself for a cookbook to be published this summer.
DiSpirito had to get a court order because China Grill Management, a group of financial backers who say they own Rocco's 22nd Street restaurant, sued him over management of the eatery and barred him from entering.

The chef, who claims he is part owner of the restaurant, tried to enter Rocco's on Tuesday morning for the photo shoot but was stopped. A China Grill lawyer immediately sought a court order to get DiSpirito barred permanently.

The lawyer, Laurence Kaiser, argued that in recent months the chef had stolen the restaurant's property and assaulted its manager.

Court papers filed by China Grill allege that on March 16 DiSpirito grabbed Rocco's chef, Ed Rosenthal, and threatened him, saying, "I'm going to ... kill you. You are a dead man."

DiSpirito's lawyer, Stephen Hayes, denied the allegations.

State Supreme Court Justice Ira Gammerman, saying he was sure no one would be assaulted, signed an order that let DiSpirito enter Rocco's on Tuesday afternoon and use it as a setting for photos for the book, "Rocco's Italian American Cooking." He ordered DiSpirito to put $500 in escrow to cover any damage he might cause in the restaurant.

Gammerman's order bars DiSpirito from entering Rocco's at any other time without court permission until the legal fight with his financial backers over ownership and control of the restaurant is resolved.

DiSpirito's financial backers sued the chef in February, saying he mismanaged Rocco's and lost hundreds of thousands of dollars. They say they put up $3 million for the Italian eatery, the site and subject of NBC's reality series "The Restaurant."

Instead of the restaurant being the critical and financial success they expected, the investors say, "The quality of the food and service has been widely criticized" and Rocco's has lost "in excess of $600,000."

Meanwhile, China Grill filed a lawsuit Tuesday against QVC, the home shopping television show. The group alleged in court papers that DiSpirito had "diverted and stolen" nearly $12,000 worth of food and beverages in March for a QVC luncheon.

China Grill's court papers accused QVC of colluding with DiSpirito, who sells products on the show. Court papers say QVC did not pay Rocco's and has not accounted for the cost of the luncheon.

"QVC has aided and abetted the diversion, theft and conversion," court papers say.

That lawsuit, separate from one already filed by China Grill against DiSpirito, does not name the chef as a defendant. It seeks $25,000 in damages for breach of contract and $11,948 for goods and services provided at the luncheon.
Old 07-28-04, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 728 Likes on 532 Posts
Update

Judge bars DiSpirito from Rocco's
Wednesday, July 28, 2004 Posted: 0206 GMT (1006 HKT)

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- A New York judge Tuesday barred TV chef Rocco DiSpirito from the site of his reality TV show "The Restaurant," and told his financial backer he could walk away because the place was operating at a loss.

"I don't think you are obligated to run a restaurant that's losing money," Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Ira Gammerman told DiSpirito's partner, Jeffrey Chodorow.

At the end of a two-day hearing, the judge also issued the preliminary injunction barring DiSpirito from entering Rocco's on 22nd Street, where the show was filmed before being taken off the NBC broadcast network and moved to cable TV.

The judge ordered both sides to return to court on August 31 for the start of a trial to determine, among other issues, if a partnership ever existed between the two men, and if so, did DiSpirito breach their agreement.

In seeking a restraining order against DiSpirito, Chodorow had asked the judge for permission to sell the restaurant and end their stormy relationship.

Chodorow's lawyer, Laurence Kaiser, indicated to the judge that his client may sell the restaurant or re-open it under a different concept by the end of August.

"We may even have guest chefs," Kaiser said outside the courtroom when pressed for details about a new restaurant.

The legal food fight between DiSpirito and financier Chodorow turned ugly earlier this year when both men filed lawsuits accusing each other of running the restaurant into the ground.

In filing his $6 million countersuit against Chodorow, DiSpirito charged his partner with cooking the books.

Chodorow, who owns seven restaurants in the New York City area and over 20 nationwide, said he invested $4 million in the venture and lost another $700,000 along the way.

The 37-year-old celebrity DiSpirito said during his testimony Tuesday that he was to have been paid $175,000 as the executive chef. He also said he owns 50 percent of the restaurant.

NBC is the television network owned by General Electric Co.