Enterprise 05/12/04

Episode Title: 'The Council'

Archer confronts the Xindi Council.
Written By: Manny Coto
Directed By: David Livingston
Old 05-12-04, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Star Trek Enterprise is unlikely to be renewed for a fourth season, according to a report in a Hollywood trade paper yesterday.

In an examination of UPN's possible fall line-up in anticipation of the network's official announcement on May 20, Daily Variety's Rick Kissell said "Star Trek: Enterprise is really struggling and likely will not return".

The possibility of Enterprise moving to Fridays has been mentioned in several media reports. But Variety cautioned: "Until the net gets something going on Wednesday, don't look for it to spend too much energy on Friday, where movies could return."

UPN will officially announce its 2004-2005 television line-up in New York on May 20.
Link

Unless the news leaks out early, we'll all know it's fate in about 8 days.
Old 05-12-04, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad this disaster is finally coming to an end.
Old 05-12-04, 08:00 AM

I'm going to miss these threads....
Old 05-12-04, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
If enterprise is cancelled, will it be replaced one day by a proper history of the Federation, one that follows the continuity of TOS & TNG?
Old 05-12-04, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jason
If enterprise is cancelled, will it be replaced one day by a proper history of the Federation, one that follows the continuity of TOS & TNG?
About the only existing explanation that I can cling to: Picard and the Enterprise-E were not completely successful in reversing the Borg influence in the 21st century during the events of First Contact. The Borg shown at the North Pole during that episode of Enterprise were a result.

Perhaps "future guy" is really trying to set the record straight, but is failing at it?
Old 05-12-04, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by Lara Means
Glad this disaster is finally coming to an end.
I second that hopefully Paramount has finally come to it's senses and fire Berman and Braga for this unfortunate mess and give this franchise a much needed rest.
Old 05-12-04, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 234 Likes on 138 Posts
Of some interest, Joe Straczynski was at a Con this past weekend, and was asked, "With Berman and Braga possibly exiting the Trek franchise, what would you do if you got the chance to take it over?"

His response was "Suprisingly, I can't comment on that."
Old 05-12-04, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dstrauss
Of some interest, Joe Straczynski was at a Con this past weekend, and was asked, "With Berman and Braga possibly exiting the Trek franchise, what would you do if you got the chance to take it over?"

His response was "Suprisingly, I can't comment on that."
Old 05-12-04, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
I know the last movie was more or less a flop, but any ST movies in the works? Not sure I can go cold turkey with no new ST stuff.
Old 05-12-04, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Sdallnct
I know the last movie was more or less a flop, but any ST movies in the works? Not sure I can go cold turkey with no new ST stuff.
There are rumors about new 'prequel' trilogy films:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=354810

Frankly, I'd rather go cold turkey.
Old 05-12-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
While I haven't been impressed at all by this show I would hate for it to end abruptly. I don't like series finale cliffhangers so just give them the 4th season (or at least half of it) and let the writers tie everything up.
Old 05-12-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i can see it now. the season ends with the xindi, humans, vulcans and andorians allied against the trans-dimensional creatures. And at the end they sign the treaty that creates the federation.
Old 05-12-04, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
There was mention of something with the word Xindi in it on today's ep of TNG at 2pm.

I remember myself and other's making "that's no moon that's a space station" jokes when the spheres were first shown. Now they fly into an exhaust vent?
Old 05-12-04, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by al_bundy
i can see it now. the season ends with the xindi, humans, vulcans and andorians allied against the trans-dimensional creatures. And at the end they sign the treaty that creates the federation.

I guessed it first
Old 05-12-04, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
the insectoid ships are overgrown chigger fighters from Space Above and Beyond
Old 05-12-04, 07:57 PM
Suspended

Well, tonight's a pretty good episode. I liked it.

** SPOILER **
So sad to see Degra die and the ship attacks at the end of the show was intense.
Old 05-12-04, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As long as I have my TNG and DS9 on DVD I'm satisfied!
Old 05-13-04, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Tonight's episode was pretty good. It's great to finally see some action at the end. I hope it doesn't get cancelled, but I'm sure it will.
Old 05-13-04, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
Tonight's episode was pretty good. It's great to finally see some action at the end. I hope it doesn't get cancelled, but I'm sure it will.
I don't think it will especially since the promo at the end said "season finale in 2 weeks". UPN will renew it for one more season and probably throw it on Fridays where it will die, but I think they'd want to hype the end up a little more.

btw, I thought tonight's episode was great.
Old 05-13-04, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm in complete agreement with the comments above. Maybe there is hope for the show yet.

I thought Azati Prime was an amazing episode, and then we had that two month break. I lost all enthusiasm and basically forgotten what the hell was going on, so the show had that working against it from the start. Combine that with the fact that Damage was an utterly horrible episode imo, and The Forgotten and E2 were pretty bad as well... I was nearly ready to write Azati Prime off as a fluke.

But this episode brought back the excitement and the quality that Azati Prime showed Enterprise had the potential of displaying. If every Enterprise was the quality of this episode, the series wouldn't be in trouble. The only weakness of the show, which was also it's strength, was the sub-plot to the Sphere. To me it was boring and bland, but it removed (again, in my opinion) the major thing dragging the show down from the main plot.

T'Pol, Reed and Mayweather combined to make their sub-plot rather horrible for me. But likewise, it showed the potential that the rest of the cast has. Taking them out of the main plot made it that much more enjoyable, and I can only hope it happens more often. The dynamic of the cast members that interacted with the Xindi, and the Xindi plotline itself, proved to make this an excellent episode. I can only hope that next week isn't another disappointing let-down like Damage, and that the show keeps up this quality until the season finale.
Old 05-13-04, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to comment on this episode, but the heavens opened up last night for 45 minutes and I missed most of it.

Alternate means, here I come.
Old 05-13-04, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Luckily the heaven's didn't open here until L&O began so I caught the episode. I actually enjoyed it. Nice to see Mayweather and Hoshi actually got some screentime and lines! Not really understanding why Hoshi got snatched but it's not like I won't tune in next week to find out. I too was sad to see Degra die but the minute to see a "bad" character turn a new leaf you can usually start picking out the headstone.

For the first time I'm really looking forward to next week's episode. Which of course means UPN going to cancel it.
Old 05-13-04, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked last night's ep.
Old 05-13-04, 10:30 AM

I really dug last night's episode. It seems like Enterprise has been on a roll since Azati Prime. I thought last week's E^2 episode lost a little steam, but I still enjoyed it. This week though returned to some fast paced, dramatic action.

I'm really hoping that Enterprise stays around. I've enjoyed the entire run of the series, even its low points.

The hardest part for me has been avoiding the spoilers online. I really don't know where they're going with this story, and I want to stay surprised.

Can't wait for next week's episode!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.