Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Favorite Deep Space 9 season....

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Your favorite ST: Deep Space Nine season?
Season 1
4.17%
Season 2
4.17%
Season 3
0%
Season 4
4.17%
Season 5
8.33%
Season 6
29.17%
Season 7
12.50%
hard to say, they ALL contributed something!
25.00%
I don't watch DS9
12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is impossible for me to answer. I think ALL the seasons are a fluid amalgamation of the entire story, which makes it hard for me to say "This season was the best!" That said, I think Seasons 3 through 6 were the strongest (interesting, just like TNG!).

Season 1 was a great introduction to all the characters on the show and even threw a hint or two about the Dominion. Also with such a strong ending with "Duet" (perhaps one of the best DS9 eps ever) it's hard to say Season 1 was weak.

Season 2 was also very strong and gave tons of background information to many of the crew members, as well as Quark and Garak ("The Wire" was awesome).

Season 3 is probably one of my most favorite seasons mainly because of The Defiant and the start of the war with the Dominion. Also I'd have to say "Improbable Cause" and "The Cast Is Die" is my favorite 2-parter in the series. Simply fantastic to see Odo and Garak interact. Sadly, it didn't happen much more until Season 7.

Seasons 4-6 were awesome because of the Dominion war and of course, Worf! There were some stinkers here and there, but overall this is the meat and taters of the series. The adding of Vic Fontaine was pretty lame, but hey, it's Star Trek, they need to have some holosuite episodes in there for variety.

Season 7 was good, but struggled with adding the new character in at the last minute. It felt forced and unnatural. However, I think Season 7 did a good job wrapping up the series and had some really really strong episodes, especially the final 10.

What about all you guy? Do you have a season that TOTALLY sticks out as your favorite?
Old 05-08-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Always loved season 5. Only time since TOS that the Federation stood alone. First time it is shown that the Federation has Marines.
Old 05-09-04, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like season 4 and 6 the best. 4 has The Visitor which is my favorite DS9 episode. And it has other good episodes like Quickening. Season 6 has Statistical Probabilities and Far Beyond the Stars. Afer season 4 and 6, seaosn 7 is my next favorite mostly because I'm a big fan of Ezri Dax!
Old 05-09-04, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Really liked season 7 and voted for it. The only reason I would be on the fence is because I prefer Jadzia and didn't enjoy Ezri too much. The finale probably made season 7 for me.
Old 05-09-04, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Each season needs the others to work. Even the early ones. While some seasons will for sure have a bunch of episodes that are better on average than another, they all do need each other.

I probably find season 7 most rewatchable.
Old 05-09-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Can't decide between 3, 4 or 5.
Old 05-10-04, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's hard for me to pick just one. This is the only Star Trek series I actually (at least) liked every season.
Old 05-11-04, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree fellas, definately hard to pick just one season. Season 3 is probably one of my favorite Seasons however I did not like the 2-parter. I think it was called "Past Tense." The only "travel back in time" episode I liked was "Little Green Men".