It's just "O.C."

Okay, carry on.
Old 05-06-04, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they don't say SoCal either

good use of Iron & Wine

so am i correct in assuming that
Spoiler:
kirsten had an abortion of jimmy's child?
Old 05-06-04, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by MrPeanut
they don't say SoCal either
We don't say SoCal much, but we do say it. And we use it a lot in writing.

I say "we" because I live in SoCal (this is exactly how we'd use it).
Old 05-06-04, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a great episode! I didnt think it would come close to being as good as the Vegas espisode but it was equally as good in a different approach. I cant say how much ive grown to love this show and i cant wait for the 1st season on dvd!

P.S. That was a great song at the end!
Old 05-06-04, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 198 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally posted by MrPeanut
so am i correct in assuming that
Spoiler:
kirsten had an abortion of jimmy's child?
That's what I got out of it.
Old 05-06-04, 07:01 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

terrible, boring episode. how many tv moments come on. Rich guy losing money, girl pregnant. Please, this show started out cool but is now in the garbage.
Old 05-06-04, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn that was a sad, depressing way to end season 1:

When Seth goes sailing off into the ocean, I immediately thought of Pacey from Dawson's Creek.
Old 05-06-04, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 638 Likes on 512 Posts
Kind of a blah episode if you ask me. Semi-decent cliffhangers.
Old 05-06-04, 08:52 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
When Seth goes sailing off into the ocean, I immediately thought of Pacey from Dawson's Creek.
Same here.

I wonder what exactly Seth said to his parents and Summer in the two notes he left in his room? Also, no way in hell he's going to Tahiti in that little sail boat he was riding.

Anyway, pretty solid finale last night. A lot of people have come full-circle since the premiere last Auguest. It's going to be a long wait 'till October.
Old 05-06-04, 09:18 AM
Cool New Member

freedexter
Is it a coincidence that a depressed Seth was sailing aimlessly in the middle of nowhere while a song by a sucidial singer/songwriter who drowned?
Jeff Buckley was never someone you would describe as "suicidal" and his drowning was an accident. Other than that good call on the drowning and sailing-off-into-the-ocean-on-a-little-bitty-boat-with-no-provisions parallel. It didn't occur to me. Of course they won't kill off Seth but maybe he gets in trouble out there....
hmmm...

Also it will be interesting to see how the Kirsten abortion issue will play out with Sandy and Jimmy next year. Oh yeah and Hailey.

Where was Summer in the ending montage?? I would have liked to see her reading Seth's note.
Old 05-06-04, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by mrpayroll
I think that they will be able to do a paternity test on the baby inside her and find out that it is not Ryan's baby. Then he will come back and find Seth gone and Marissa drunk as a skunk!

Chris
The thing about Ryan is that he's the strongest character on the show. He will be the one to save all of them. He is the tie that binds.
Old 05-06-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked the episode and how it went full circle (how Ryan meets Marissa while she's standing at the corner and as Ryan leaves, she's standing on the same corner)

Poor Seth. I'd be really surprised if he makes it all the way to Tijuana.

Can't wait to find out what happens next season.
Old 05-06-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 501 Likes on 296 Posts
I'm just mad that they actually made me a little sad that Ryan had to leave. During the season I probably wouldn't have minded seeing him go, but I guess after a whole season of seeing him there it would just be weird to lose the dynamic he had with all the Cohens.
Old 05-06-04, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
you can rest assured that every single character present in this finale will be living in newport (except teresa) by ep 2 next season. the show really doesn't play well without all of them.
Old 05-06-04, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Else, they might have to call it "The Chino".
Old 05-06-04, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
OK, here we go...

Seth gets about 10 miles in and realizes he cannot fish or provide food for himself and heads back. He strikes a friendship with a new character over the summer.

Summer reads Seth note and explodes, she breaks up with him and has a fling with a country club waiter during the summer break. They flirst with each other for about 10 eps and get back for a new years eve party ep.

Marissa hits the bottle hard, and we find her sleeping around, she begins season 2 wondering if she has an STD?

Kirsten decides she wants to have another baby and convinces Sandy its the right thing to do to clear her consciounce after a huge fallout from there discussion about her earlier abortion.

Jimmy never knew that Kirsten aborted their baby, it leaks out from Kirsten's sister and he begins having major feelings for her again, they almost have an affair. But Sandy finds out about it and punches Jimmy out.

Cal and Julie are at each others throats, Julie is shocked and dismayed by the movers moving all there stuff out of the mansion, and they actually have to move in with Sandy and Kirsten for a few eps, Cal is humbled, but has a brainstorming idea that will catapult him back to fame and fortune. But Julie connives her way out of the marriage again to find herself sleeping and divorced and now broke. A new character is introduced that will tempt her.

The first two eps will have Ryan in Chino. Theresa loses the baby during an altercation with Eddie. Ryan is devastated, Eddie is jailed and Theresa never wants to see Ryan again, he reminds of her of too much pain. Ryan comes back to The OC in Ep 3.

Sandy leaves the Rich law firm and heads back to the public sector, we start to see some of the unsavory clients he tries to help as his law practice is featured a lot more heavily. His key law dillemma, is handling the Theresa, Eddie, Ryan triangle and miscarriage. His marriage is also tested severely with the news of the abortion and the Jimmy factor.

Or maybe not...
Old 05-06-04, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SPOILER TAGS, PLEASE!

Chris
Old 05-06-04, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by spainlinx0
I'm just mad that they actually made me a little sad that Ryan had to leave. During the season I probably wouldn't have minded seeing him go, but I guess after a whole season of seeing him there it would just be weird to lose the dynamic he had with all the Cohens.
If Ryan went, there'd be NO SHOW. The show's entire premise is how the introduction of Ryan and his personality and background had a cascading effect on the life and community of the OC.
Old 05-06-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The better bring Luke back from Portland next season.

And Anna can stop in for a visit or two as well.
Old 05-06-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All for more Anna, but to be honest I don't miss her as much as I thought I would. Has she even been mentioned in the episodes since she left?
Old 05-06-04, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hallelujah has been one of my favorite songs forever, and Jeff Buckley does an amazing job. Although it seems that many shows and movies are starting to use it, I can't see myself getting tired of it anytime soon (ditto for Gary Jules creeping "Mad World")

I hope that they don't continue the Marissa drinking storyline. Been there, done that.

I am curious to see where things lie when it starts again in September or October. I miss it already.
Old 05-06-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad they had The Vegas episode before this one, it was nice to have some fun before a final downer. Everyone knows that Ryan will come back, but it's just the circumstances of his return that is unknown. The mixed montage shot at the end was fantastic. I think it was a great way to end a great show for the season. I don't know if I will be able to wait until the next season, I might just have to rewatch all the episodes before then.
Old 05-06-04, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jonny2k1
I don't know if I will be able to wait until the next season, I might just have to rewatch all the episodes before then.
It would be nice of FX to re-air all of the eps before next season starts. They had a mini-marathon last year during the baseball playoffs, they need to do a mega-marathon this summer.
Old 05-07-04, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
BTW, In the beginning Ryan was a mini-Russel Crowe lookalike...in the final scene with Sandy HE BECAME BRETT BOONE!

I predict that Ryan will return to OC after a long time away and find everyones life in absolute turmoil...Seth gone, the Cohen's barely speaking, Marissa a drunk, Summer a shut in, blah, blah, blah...It would be cool to see ACTUAL character development occur off screen during a hiatis.
Old 05-11-04, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't want to start a new thread, because I have not heard it anywhere else - but I heard on the radio this morning that The O.C. might have a spinoff (like Melrose Place was to 90210). It will focus on the relationships of a younger crowd of people and older crowd, w/ the emphasis on the older crowd.

It better not have a thing to do w/ anymore characters from Chino. That would be awful.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.