Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ALias 5/2

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, there were so many streches, even in the Alias world:
"I'm out of Rimbaldi serum. I need you to go to a storage facility and pick some up. Can you get some milk, too, while you're there?"
WTF?
What was up with the little tiny bottle of serum that Lauren took out and then a minute later when Sloane is putting the bag up to do the IV, the bag is like a quart full?

How did the huge commando team miss the two Sloane guards that took him away?
Why is it that Syd cannot take care of herself against two guys in suits, when she can usually defeat trained warriors from all over the world?
I won't even go into all the things already mentioned (bazooka, bad shooting, etc.)

So, who will be the villian next season? In other words, who will die or get thrown in prision in the season finale?

Last edited by guywall; 05-03-04 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When they were arriving in Kyoto, I was thinking "Why does Weiss always end up stuck doing grunt work?" Considering how dumb Vaughn is, you would think this office would at least change up Sydneys partner every now and then, but yet its always Vaughn (unless hes been captured or in the hospital).

This episode had a few good points (Jack talking about disposing of Laurens remains...badass), but there were definitely a few too many laughs, with the bazooka being the biggest one. Im noticing a lot of dialogue that just gets on my nerves. Shows like this and 24 sometimes have the characters repeat things we already know from the last episode to help the new viewer follow along, but they are starting to repeat things from the first half of the episode now (how many times did Sydney ask Vaughn if she could trust him to stay with the mission specs?).
Old 05-03-04, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I kept thinking last night's episode was the episode that Weiss would be revealed as a bad guy as well (due to early season speculation). Weiss seemed out of sorts in the episode (like when Vaughn and Weiss almost shoot each other as Vaughn is chasing the Blondies. And not getting the sat-feed Vaughn wanted.
Old 05-03-04, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 167 Posts
At Kyoto, why was Toni (Vivica A. Fox) running alongside Vaughn with machine guns blazing?

Last I checked, she was a prisoner with a conditional release for her assistance in bypassing the security system that she designed? The gun toting part just made absolutely no sense at all...
Old 05-03-04, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ~~ PAL ~~
The gun toting part just made absolutely no sense at all...
There's been a BUNCH of stuff like that this season (moreso over the past few episodes). Compared to Season 1+2, this show is waaaaay dumbed down. Characters are now speaking awkward dialog just to get the plot moving... and the whole thing doesn't seem real anymore. I get the same feeling I get when watching, say, a soap opera.

I'm not liking this one bit.

[I don't mean to rag on the show -- it's really been one of my favorites for a couple of years. But, man, last night was just depressing.]
Old 05-03-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Personally, I think the writers have dragged on the Rambaldi story arc long enough. I wish they would take the characters in a new direction...hell maybe kill off a major one!!!!
Old 05-03-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they could kill Sydney at the end of this season. Then we find out that Sloane has been working with a double-secret organization called, say, The Compact, on a project called, oh, The Ascendancy. And Vaughn's father, who might not really be dead btw, was growing a clone of Sydney for The Compact ... but, see, he's hidden the location of that clone, heretofore known as The Flux-Capacitor, in a series of complex puzzles that only The Hand, The CIA, The Covenant, SD-6, K-Directorate, and The Vulcan Science Academy know about. This "secret" lab is run by Irina's sister. No, not her, the other one ... no, the other one. Incidentally, she's Vaughn's birth mother. Oh, and Jack fathered Lauren with Sark's mother, but that's for later in the season. Anyway, this ragtag group will spend the 4th season trying to save this show from caving in on itself, but first they must find ... The Serum.

das
Old 05-03-04, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm waiting for Sydney and Marshall to be revealed as siblings.
Old 05-03-04, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
das Monkey had me rolling on the floor with the following:
Maybe they could kill Sydney at the end of this season. Then we find out that Sloane has been working with a double-secret organization called, say, The Compact, on a project called, oh, The Ascendancy. And Vaughn's father, who might not really be dead btw, was growing a clone of Sydney for The Compact ... but, see, he's hidden the location of that clone, heretofore known as The Flux-Capacitor, in a series of complex puzzles that only The Hand, The CIA, The Covenant, SD-6, K-Directorate, and The Vulcan Science Academy know about. This "secret" lab is run by Irina's sister. No, not her, the other one ... no, the other one. Incidentally, she's Vaughn's birth mother. Oh, and Jack fathered Lauren with Sark's mother, but that's for later in the season. Anyway, this ragtag group will spend the 4th season trying to save this show from caving in on itself, but first they must find ... The Serum.

das

Yep, totally agree with the other comments... I was getting that confused vibe: Wait, did they make a cheesy action movie out of Alias now??? Where's Sly Stallone? Where's Governor Ahnold??
Old 05-03-04, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
[i] Didn't he ever watch Top Gun? You never, ever leave your wingman. Especially when she's Sydney Bristow, and you're trying to get into her pants. Crash and burn, huh, Mav?
[/B]
Too funny.

Here's the big question, which the gf actually brought up and I'm disappointed at myself for not asking it myself - Why the hell isn't the CIA going "WTF! How is Sloane all of a sudden alive?!?!?"

Otherwise, ehh epsiode. I'm betting Vaughn goes Vader or has a major laps and Syd's sister gets kill because of him. As a result that will be the motivation to keep them apart for season 4.

Meanwhile, in other news, ABC execs are dumbasses for giving a 3 week laps until the season finale. By making this decision they have alianated even more viewers and killed their 5-6 week leadup. This may seem familiar to those of you who are aware of "The Superbowl Episode" incident. Speculation continues as to whether a similiar manuver will be pulled next season.
Old 05-03-04, 06:41 PM

Why do Sydney and Vaughn get codenames but when Marshall talks to Weiss on his com he is just Weiss?
Old 05-03-04, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Which sister?
Old 05-03-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey

das
[Alias' writers scramble to find out who leaked their plot summaries]

... wait, no. More like:

[Alias' writers scramble to copy down Das Monkey's plans]
Old 05-03-04, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by apeyard
Why do Sydney and Vaughn get codenames but when Marshall talks to Weiss on his com he is just Weiss?
Has anyone noticed that Marshall calls Syn and Vaughn by code names, but both (at least Vaughn) calls Marshall by name?
Old 05-03-04, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
das - my plans for the future of this show are sooooooo much better than yours.

Old 05-04-04, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was dissapointed with this weeks episode. It just seemed like the same old plot as every other week. Characters find out something they have to go after, they chat about it, Marshall makes a joke, they go undercover and are home in time for dinner.
What Vaughn did was beyond stupid.
Old 05-04-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Superman07
Here's the big question, which the gf actually brought up and I'm disappointed at myself for not asking it myself - Why the hell isn't the CIA going "WTF! How is Sloane all of a sudden alive?!?!?"

Great point.
Old 05-04-04, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that was just one of the things that made me think i misseed a whole bunch. i didn't remember anyone ever telling the CIA that sloane was alive.
Old 05-04-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Maybe I'm giving the characters too much credit but I just figured SpyDaddy discussed it with Dixon before he revived Sloan. If not, it really isn't the first time a character has risen from the dead on this show now is it.
Old 05-05-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish they would just solve this Rambaldi thing. It just keeps going ang going. Every time they go for some new part it is "the key to Rambaldi" or something like that. SOLVE IT ALREADY.

I just don't understand everyone's obscession with Rambaldi. There are people all over the world poring millions into figuring it out. People turning on their countries for it. Even if they do solve it, only one or two people are going to benefit. Everyone else will be sitting there realizing they wasted millions on it. I hope the Covanent pays well to have all these henchmen running around. They sure wouldn't get anything out of it. It would be funny if turned out Rambaldi made this huge contraption and when put together, it was just some weird pizza oven or something.
Old 05-05-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by resinrats
I wish they would just solve this Rambaldi thing. It just keeps going ang going. Every time they go for some new part it is "the key to Rambaldi" or something like that. SOLVE IT ALREADY.
Ditto. Rimbaldi's plan is a little too complex now. What if Sydney's sister had her hand cut off? What if a single piece of Rambaldi's puzzle was lost or destroyed? None of Rambaldi's plan would work.

I can stretch disbelief to believe that, maybe, some guy a few hundred years ago could loosely predict future events. And sure, maybe I can believe he was also a great inventor. But good lord... now we have some guy several centuries ago who, without the aid of supercomputers, could predict the exact DNA sequence of a person in our time, and who could also design a chemical that can manipulate muscles into drawing a picture? I think the cable holding up my disbelief snapped, and I'm watching it plummet into the river below.

I would have given a $100 to see Vaughan shoot Sydney's sister in the head, turn to Sloan, and say "Where's your Rambaldi now?"
Old 05-05-04, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• CaptainMarvel •

I would have given a $100 to see Vaughan shoot Sydney's sister in the head, turn to Sloan, and say "Where's your Rambaldi now?"
You know as well as I do that the blood from her head would contain an encoded message from Rambaldi himself. That message, of course, could only be decoded by a secret decoder ring from a box of Cheerios in Sicily ... no wait, Chechnya.

das
Old 05-05-04, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by resinrats
...It would be funny if turned out Rambaldi made this huge contraption and when put together, it was just some weird pizza oven or something.
Oh hey, that would be GREAT!!! And then it will turn out the pizza has mind-control serum in it, and then all the CIA will turn into Zombies, and then...
Old 05-05-04, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
You know as well as I do that the blood from her head would contain an encoded message from Rambaldi himself. That message, of course, could only be decoded by a secret decoder ring from a box of Cheerios in Sicily ... no wait, Chechnya.

das
No... the MOON! Rambaldi's followers made it to the moon. A secret piece is hidden in the flagpole from the flag we left behind up there (the CIA hid it there for safe keeping). But even though that flag's been sitting there umolested for 40+ years, the Covenant and the CIA (and the Trust, and the AFLCIO, and NAMBLA) will all suddenly try and capture it at exactly the same time, so we can have a gunfight were nobody except the "red shirts" get shot (unless it's sweeps, and then maybe Vaughan will get shot, but he'll be back for the next week).

And Project: Black Hole? It's really a black hole. Rambaldi used it to time travel.

And Rambaldi invented lava lamps too. And bean bag chairs.
Old 05-05-04, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

And invented hoola hoops and silly putty.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.