Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The George Lopez Show: Hotter mom or daughter?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Whose hotter mom or daughter?
Mom
60.34%
Daughter
39.66%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-04, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So who is hotter on the George Lopez show the mom or the daughter? And don't worry I looked up the age of the daughter although she plays a high school student she was born in 1985 which makes her 19.

Daughter

Mom
Old 04-30-04, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
BOTH.
Old 04-30-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue588
BOTH.
Old 04-30-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Without a doubt, the daughter. She's incredibly hot and quite brainy from what I've read, the mom is more of a MILF. That has it's benefits in some circumstances, but when compared with Carmen/Masiela?

Still, you missed one woman on the show: Where's the option for Benny? You know there's got to be at least one person on these boards that would have voted for her.
Old 04-30-04, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd do em both!
Old 04-30-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Wouldn't mind a mom and daughter sandwich.
Old 04-30-04, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Both are cute!
Old 05-01-04, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

how about more pics of both?
Old 05-01-04, 01:15 AM

Mickey ears

The moms hotter, she has more upstairs and downstairs if ya know what I mean...

on a side note: Did anyone watch today and count the mickey ears for the contest theyre havin?

I counted 105, just wondering how anyone else did
Old 05-01-04, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have to go with the mom
Old 05-01-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Mom. Her personality on the show adds to her hotness.

das
Old 05-01-04, 01:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
The mom
Old 05-01-04, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

the grandmother
Old 05-01-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The daughter is going to a local prom here:

http://www.detnews.com/2004/events/0...d01-139044.htm

(Click link for pics)

Saturday, May 1, 2004

Normal for one night

Teen TV star comes home to Macomb for the prom

By Mekeisha Madden / The Detroit News

When you hear the exuberance dancing in Masiela Lusha’s voice, it’s understandable why she is so believable as Carmen, the hormonal but lovable teenage daughter on the ABC sitcom “George Lopez.”

She’s three years older than her character, but like Carmen, 18-year-old Lusha is giddy about being young and carefree, if only for one night.

These days, Lusha is pumped about prom. Acting on a hit sitcom that gets 7.6 million sets of eyeballs a week means forgoing a traditional education and all the cliques, crushes, heartaches and dances that complete the high school happy meal. This usually includes the prom.

But like a fortunate and fashionable Cinderella, Lusha has been given a second chance. Instead of a wand, her fairy godmother, a friend from her childhood in Macomb Township, extended an invitation to the Dakota High School senior prom and Lusha happily accepted. The shindig takes place Friday at the San Marino Club in Troy, and Lusha can’t wait to tell you about her dress.

“OK, it’s dark orange with a layer of yellow chiffon fabric and a layer of red chiffon fabric,” she says before taking a deep breath and continuing. “It’s sheer with a V-neck, and it’s just my length, and it’s beautiful. It’s not a dress. It’s a masterpiece.”

Warner Bros., the production company that produces “George Lopez,” loaned Lusha the dress for her special day from the WB costume warehouse.

“I wish I knew where it came from,” Lusha says. “I can tell it came from an old 1950s movie, but there was no tag inside to tell me.”

These are the perks that come along with being a TV star. But Lusha still gives off an air of Midwestern humility.

Lusha moved to Macomb Township with her mother when she was 7 years old from their native Albania.

She attended Ojibwa Elementary and Iroquois Middle School, both in Macomb Township. She made friends, such as Crystal Gorecki, and at 12, Lusha wrote a book of poetry in English and Albanian called “Inner Thoughts,” but there was more success to come.

A casting call changed Lusha’s life when an agent decided to represent her and two others out of 600. Soon after, she and her mother moved to Los Angeles. Odd parts and modeling gigs followed, but her big break came when casting directors picked Lusha to play Carmen.

“I didn’t realize how fortunate I was at the time to have moved to L.A. with an agent,” Lusha says.

She tested out of high school by age 15 and moved on to community college. She is now a junior at UCLA.

“I’m not a genius,” says Lusha, refusing kudos. “I was given an opportunity few kids my age have. Anyone could pass the test. It wasn’t brain surgery.”

Through it all, she kept in touch with childhood chums from Macomb Township. Gorecki visited Lusha’s Burbank, Calif., home last summer.

“We’ve been friends since we were 10,” says Gorecki, 17, a senior at Macomb Township’s Dakota High School. “She moved away, but we kept e-mailing and calling each other. She was nice to me when I visited and I wanted to repay the favor. When she told me she hadn’t had a prom, I knew what to do. I told her to come to mine.”

Gorecki talked to the assistant principal at Dakota, and after he got the green light from school board administrators, Lusha was in.

“She was a student in our district, and we’re excited to have her come back,” says Rene Ribant, an English teacher at Dakota who oversees the prom. “It will be strange to have a TV star at the prom, but it’s an exciting strange and not an awkward strange.”

Remaining friends with Gorecki has meant more to Lusha than a prom invite. The relationship also gives her perspective, she says.

“I’ll talk to Crystal, and I envy her,” Lusha says. “All teenagers worry about their looks. I worry about my looks because it’s my livelihood. I have to be a certain weight, watch what I eat and look a certain way.

“That’s part of the business. But when you’re a normal kid, you don’t have to worry as much.”

Not that Lusha’s all nerves. Sometimes she’s just a teenager who loves cookie dough right out of the package and fast food too.

“I wouldn’t trade my life for anything in the world. I eat when I’m hungry instead of eating just because,” she says. “I love the No. 1 at McDonald’s (a Big Mac combo) and cheeseburgers. The new white-meat nuggets are good.”

The most important thing these days is fitting into her prom dress, Lusha says. She has her date, soap star Drew Tyler Bell will do the honors, and her unofficial hair and makeup people will be standing by.

Gorecki and Lusha are heading to the Ultimate Salon in Sterling Heights early Friday afternoon for a day of beauty, hours before the prom.

“I haven’t met her before, but I watch the show. Who doesn’t watch that show?” asks Tina Skrelja, the manager at Ultimate Salon who will be styling Lusha’s luxurious brown mane. “She’s adorable. I don’t know yet what we’re going to do with her hair, but I heard about the dress — it sounds gorgeous — and we’ll probably do an up ’do.”

Lusha will stay with her stepfather, Gary Haglund, in his Macomb Township home when she comes to town.

“I like the idea of seeing her go to prom,” says Haglund, who still refers to Lusha as his daughter despite the fact he and her mother are divorced. “I just wish she weren’t so busy so I could see her more often.”

But Lusha is a busy woman, squeezing real life into her calendar. She tapes the “George Lopez” season finale Thursday and flies out for her adopted prom that night. But for her, the mad dash is worth the sweat.

“I’m a teenager who works on TV,” Lusha says. “We’re all regular at heart.”
Old 05-01-04, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Constance Marie is pretty hot. She's only 34.
Old 05-01-04, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Mom. Her personality on the show adds to her hotness.

das

Give Carmen a few more years.
Old 05-02-04, 01:22 AM

Definitely the MILF...
Old 05-02-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the mom without a doubt.
Old 05-02-04, 02:49 PM

The mom can definately get the good stuff
Old 05-04-04, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Constance Marie (mom) is on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' tonight. I guess we'll see just how hot she is.

EDIT: Holy Hell! MILF!

Last edited by Lara Means; 05-04-04 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-05-04, 11:42 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmmm - neither is underage so this is a tough choice.

Old 05-05-04, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

anyone got any pics from the jimmy kimmel appearance?