TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tru Calling (Two hours*) - 04/29/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-04, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Tru Calling (Two hours*) - 04/29/04

*Two episodes back to back.

"D.O.A./Two Weddings and a Funeral", Episode #119/120.

Spoiler:
Tru becomes increasingly suspicious of Jack's intentions when she teams up with him to ensure a doctor's dying wish; Tru and Jack, now her sworn nemesis, find themselves on a collision course when the body of Tru's brother asks for help.

Cast: Eliza Dushku, Shawn Reaves, Jessica Collins, A.J. Cook, Heath Freeman, Zach Galifianakis, Jason Priestley, Matthew Bomer , Andrew Airlie, John Reardon, Nick Wechsler, Lisa Waltz, Leanna Nash, Lauren Stamile, David Lipper, Sage Testini.
Producer(s): Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Jon Feldman.

Original Airdate: April 29, 2004.
Old 04-29-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
This is the season finale and hopefully not series finale.
Old 04-29-04, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for the clarification on that tonight is the season finale - Yahoo didn't say anything about it.

Hope they pick it up - it has gotten to be quite good as the season progresses.
Old 04-29-04, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am really hoping they give this show another season. maybe they could do the same thing they did with 24, release a box set of the 1st season right before the 2nd season started.
Old 04-29-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just read the spoiler tags above....
Spoiler:
Has Tru's brother already died, or does it happen tonight? If it already happened...how and when?
Old 04-29-04, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I will be watching it. Nick Wechsler is guest starring. He was last seen in a guest spot on Malcom and he was on Roswell, of course. Can't wait to see him on TV again.
Old 04-29-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anybody know who did that remake of "In the Air Tonight"?
Old 04-29-04, 09:01 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
Great season finale. I'm glad it didn't end with a cliffhanger. I'm surprised how good this show has gotten. I was about to give up on it a few weeks ago. Jason Priestley's character has really turned this show around.
Old 04-29-04, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Predictable, but how it got there didn't bother me..

Except that song at the end...ugh...Phil must be rolling around in his grave...
Old 04-29-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Im hoping this comes back now that its gotten good. It took a while though.
Old 04-29-04, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really enjoyed these two eps tonight.

Jack and Tru's Dad with the same purpose. very interesting.

Hoping that this show is renewed and that the writing remains this good.
Old 04-29-04, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's so refreshing to see a show that started out shaky get so much better throughout the whole season. Blockbuster finale!

Fox, I will hate you forever if you cancel Tru Calling.

(BTW, anyone else think Meredith is spending time in TV heaven with Richie Cunningham's older brother Chuck?)
Old 04-29-04, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Argh! Can someone summarize what happen in the 2nd hour of Tru Calling? I had to leave my house and couldn't watch it live and set my VCR to tape it. But I ended up only taping the 1st hour. Didn't realize it's 2 hours long. Please tell me tonight's episode will be rerun.
Old 04-29-04, 11:58 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Wow, ive never seen an episode before, but caught both tonight, and I really gope they renew it, or atleast put the first season out.
Old 04-30-04, 12:28 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by mookiemeister
Argh! Can someone summarize what happen in the 2nd hour of Tru Calling? I had to leave my house and couldn't watch it live and set my VCR to tape it. But I ended up only taping the 1st hour. Didn't realize it's 2 hours long. Please tell me tonight's episode will be rerun.
summary:
Tru's at Lindsa's wedding when Davis showes up to tell her Harrison has been shot. She heads to the hospital and Harrison dies. A woman, Emma, shows up looking for Harrison and says her ex shot him and Tru thinks they were together. She goes back to see Harrison and he asks for help.

Tru finds out that Harrison was being a big brother to the Emma's child and they had actually never met until that day. It was wrong place wrong time. Tru keeps Harrison away from her house. Jack shows up at the morgue and tells Tru that someone will die that day.

Tru and Harrison head to Lindsay's wedding and Luc shows up. Tru tells Luc the truth about her at the reception and think's she is lying and he runs off. Luc heads to the morgue and runs into Jack and tells him what Tru told him. Jack tells Luc she told him the same thing and tells him Emma could proved to him Tru was telling the truth.

Luc heads over there and runs into the ex who thinks he's sleeping with Emma. Tru shows up to stop him, but the ex shoots anyway and kills Luc.

At the funeral everyone is there, including Jack. Him and Tru have words and he leaves and a car drives up. Jack gets in and Tru's father is in the car. It's revealed that Tru's father was to Tru's mother what Jack is to Tru, her opposite. That's where it ends.

The first hour was kind of boring but I enjoyed the second hour. Once Jack said that someone would die I figured it would be Luc. Tru's father being what Jack is now was a great twist at the end though.

The ending was very John Doe like, a surprise character turning out to possibly be evil. Hopefully this won't suffer the same fate

Last edited by MrX; 04-30-04 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-30-04, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by movielib
It's so refreshing to see a show that started out shaky get so much better throughout the whole season. Blockbuster finale!

Fox, I will hate you forever if you cancel Tru Calling.

(BTW, anyone else think Meredith is spending time in TV heaven with Richie Cunningham's older brother Chuck?)
And Opie and Andy's original housekeeper

Agreed. I would've watched this show if it had just been eye candy, but it got better and better.
Old 04-30-04, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's hope it doesn't meet the same fate as John Doe.

My wife and I were wondering what ever happened to their sister last night.
Old 04-30-04, 07:41 AM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
Last I heard, she was hanging out with Ainsley Hayes.
Old 04-30-04, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
It's so refreshing to see a show that started out shaky get so much better throughout the whole season.

Yeah - I agree.
Old 04-30-04, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I wouldn't necessarily say it's gotten much better, but it has improved. However, I think you meant to say:
It's so amazing that FOX let a "scripted" show, which started out shaky, stay on the air for more than two episodes so it could improve throughout the season.
Old 04-30-04, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The first half of the season was pretty weak in my opinion. Once Priestley joined the cast, I think the show got better overall. I love the way he portrays his characters, and I think the added dimension to the plots was definitely what the show needed. It was stuck in the same formulaic rut each week. However, now that all these secrets are finally revealed, hopefull if there is a next season the episodes will all be interesting and not just get into the same formula the first half of the season fell into.
Old 04-30-04, 11:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think Priestley has been that great in the part, I think just the character of Jack has added a lot to the show. Giving Tru a nemesis to go up against was a great move that the broke the monotony of the showes storyline and added some suspense.
Old 05-03-04, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Great gobs of goose-shit that was good!!!
Old 05-04-04, 01:21 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
The ending was very John Doe like, a surprise character turning out to possibly be evil. Hopefully this won't suffer the same fate
Surprise? Please. I called that weeks ago. Remember the episode where two people died after the poker game -- one by suicide, one in a mugging? We knew Jack was up to something after that episode at the latest.

I agree with everyone who has said this show finished its season strong. It started off very formulaic, but the second half of the season was a lot more cohesive. It's not an all-time classic yet, but it's definitely a solid show these days.
Old 05-04-04, 01:36 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by JasonF
Surprise? Please. I called that weeks ago. Remember the episode where two people died after the poker game -- one by suicide, one in a mugging? We knew Jack was up to something after that episode at the latest.
I was talking about the father

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.