Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 4/28/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-04, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rfduncan
Fred was only supposed to be a temporary vessel until Illyria could get back to her temple where she would restore all of her full powers. However, W&H destroyed the temple so Illyria was stuck inhabiting Fred... same sort of thing happened with Cordy in S3 when the visions were destroying her because the demon part was not containable by her human shell.
Yep, your right. I wonder if she will fight alonf side Team angel, since now she knows how it feels to be mortal/plus, she can't rule the world.

Is it me, or is my buddy, Wes, slowly going insane?
Old 04-30-04, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
Amy Acker does such a great job playing Illyria and making her different than Fred that I have to keep reminding myself it's the same person! This was a great episode as I'm a sucker for time-bending storylines.
It amazed me how put-on her Fred voice was. It started out very squeaky with that southern accent. She dropped the accent but her voice was still kind of high, so I just assumed that's how she naturally talked. Then I saw her speaking on the Angel season 3 boxset...and wow! She's got one of those 1-900 uber sultry voices. Amy really is owning this Illyria role. Totally believable...well as believable as a world full of chosen one's, vampires, demons, and a giant talking drive-thru sign with red eyes could be.

I want even go into the shell shock I went through after I found out how Alexis really talked. That still trips me out.
Old 05-01-04, 11:40 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was actually thinking Illyria should have a power reduction and she'd be great on the team. Of course the writers came up with a highly entertaining story to do it with.

This episode was pretty 'fresh.' Kool and the Gang.
Old 05-02-04, 07:07 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Amy Acker was just amazing!

bit slow at times but great episode

I am finishing every episode the same now

with a "wow that was great" following by a "grrr i want to kill that WB idiot who cancelled Angel in a slow and painful way ! "

Make him and Oliver from the OC f**k each other's butts until they both die from the bleeding

ok vent over
Old 05-02-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,086 Posts
I can't believe there hasn't been any mention of the destruction of Team Angel.

Spike dusted before he even knew what hit him. Wesley run through with a stake. Lorne PUNCHED through and then a flying decap on Angel. I had to run the Tivo back and watch it again. Very cool, very unexpected, very intense.

I love Illyria. I've never been a big Fred fan (disliked her in earlier seasons more than later ones) but now I really want to see what happens with the character. I'm even more pissed the show was cancelled.
Old 05-02-04, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Original Desmond
Make him and Oliver from the OC f**k each other's butts until they both die from the bleeding
Uh...
Old 05-02-04, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally posted by Draven
I can't believe there hasn't been any mention of the destruction of Team Angel.

Spike dusted before he even knew what hit him. Wesley run through with a stake. Lorne PUNCHED through and then a flying decap on Angel. I had to run the Tivo back and watch it again. Very cool, very unexpected, very intense.
That whole scene pissed me off.

ok..I can understand Spike being dusted, but Angel getting it from a decap....what the hell?

I just assumed a 200+ year old vampire would have had more sense than leaping head-first against a God...especially after she took out the rest of the team in less than 10 secs.

The fight could have been dragged out just little....I mean...Angel is suppose to be this Great....Bad Ass...Vampire.

Overall....I still enjoyed the episode.
Old 05-02-04, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by candyrocket786
That whole scene pissed me off.

ok..I can understand Spike being dusted, but Angel getting it from a decap....what the hell?

I just assumed a 200+ year old vampire would have had more sense than leaping head-first against a God...especially after she took out the rest of the team in less than 10 secs.

The fight could have been dragged out just little....I mean...Angel is suppose to be this Great....Bad Ass...Vampire.

Overall....I still enjoyed the episode.
But Illyria is a God. I think the scene pointed out something really powerful,...she could kill them all in a few seconds if she wanted to, but has chosen not too for reasons that haven't been made entirely clear.
Old 05-02-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally posted by clemente
But Illyria is a God. I think the scene pointed out something really powerful,...she could kill them all in a few seconds if she wanted to, but has chosen not too for reasons that haven't been made entirely clear.
Yeah.... I know. I just thought Angel would put up more of a fight with her instead of letting his anger get the best of him.
Old 05-02-04, 10:30 PM

Similiar to Glory n Season 5 of Buffy except they found a big hammer that could hurt a GOD lol guess Team Angel need to borrow it.
Old 05-04-04, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by ugabuga
Similiar to Glory n Season 5 of Buffy except they found a big hammer that could hurt a GOD lol guess Team Angel need to borrow it.
Plus, Buffy could kick Angel's ass any day of the week, if she felt like it.

Liked this ep for most of the reasons mentioned above. Still in denial about the show being cancelled. I too am really impressed with AA's portrayal of Illyria. Very nice job. I thought that fight scene was too cool.

X
Old 05-04-04, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Buffy and Angel are pretty equally matched.
Old 05-04-04, 12:12 PM

Aw, you guys are making me miss Buffy.
Old 05-05-04, 11:39 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Puzznic
I think Buffy and Angel are pretty equally matched.
Not really - Angel has some weaknesses that Buffy would be able to use. Angelus is a different story...
Old 05-05-04, 03:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this doesn't sound too good for the movies next season...

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m...05/05/11.00.tv

David Boreanaz, star of The WB's Angel, told CNN Headline News that he's relieved that the show is finally coming to an end after five seasons, and that there would have to be a good reason for him to put Angel's black trenchcoat back on for the reported Angel TV movies-of-the-week under consideration for next year. "There's been talk about films, board games—let me see—video games," Boreanaz told the news network. "Everything, across the board. These characters that [executive producer] Joss [Whedon] has created will live forever."

Angel is ending May 19, though reports have suggested that The WB may be considering one or more TV movies to extend the show's story next year. But, Boreanaz said, "I think whenever they want to revisit that character and bring it to a higher plateau, I would only be interested if the bar was [raised] a lot higher."

Boreanaz, who originated the role of the vampire with a soul in the first episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer before spinning off in his own series, said that he's currently entertaining three offers for post-Angel projects.

Boreanaz added that he is in talks to appear in September in the London stage production of When Harry Met Sally, a play that also marked the West End stage debut of Alyson Hannigan—a Buffy co-star and the real-life wife of Angel co-star Alexis Denisof. The play has yet another Buffy connection: It currently co-stars Luke Perry, who played opposite Kristy Swanson in the original 1992 Buffy the Vampire Slayer feature film.

makes you wonder if this could be a reason for no season 6.
Old 05-05-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,874 Likes on 1,969 Posts
I think people are reading too into David's "relieved" comments. From what I get, all he said is that he's relieved that it's finally over since the show was struggling and he's glad to finally know that the uncertainty is over.

He's never said that he WOULDN'T play Angel again, and says that he'd be willing to when he's been asked.

The reason for no sixth season is because The WB shitcanned the show. If David has wanted out, I'm sure that ME would know about it before The WB would. In fact, ME was already planning for a sixth season, and bringing back some very familiar faces. Namely,
Spoiler:
Willow, Oz, and Fred.
Old 05-06-04, 08:10 AM

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by MrN
Not really - Angel has some weaknesses that Buffy would be able to use. Angelus is a different story...
Course, there was that time that Buffy beat Angelus and was going to kill him, until Angel came back. Plus the fact that all she had to do was THREATEN to beat him (Angel) up in season 4 and he shut up. I think she could take him any time she wanted to.

And I've always thought that DB came off as a big tool in interviews. And being that his acting prowess is not that impressive, I'm expecting him to be needing money about the time they start looking into these Angel movies, if they do indeed come about.

X