TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 4/28

Old 04-28-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville 4/28

Reminder, new episode tonight

"Memoria", Episode #319.

Lex joins an experimental program involving memory, hoping to recover information about his father's past.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Sam Jones III, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Martin Cummins.
Director(s): Miles Millar.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Miles Millar, Al Gough.

Original Airdate: April 28, 2004.

Also, I read a spoiler this morning (the link itself is a little spoiler-y)

Spoiler:
http://www.kryptonsite.com/whosleaving.htm
Old 04-28-04, 12:11 PM

kryptonsite is where I go for all my smallville info.
The spoiler section thee is great. It gives away enough, but leaves some reason for me to still watch the episodes.
Old 04-28-04, 07:59 PM

Ugh... this show is getting repetitive for me. Am I the only one?
Old 04-28-04, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked the episode a lot. I've always liked Lex so it was cool to see the focus on him and why he is the way he is.

Old 04-28-04, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I liked tonight -- is that the first time we saw that much Krypton?
Old 04-28-04, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thought this was a very good episode; one of the highlights of the season.

The flashbacks were very interesting, giving more insight to the fraility of the Lex/Lionel relationship. Lionel's breakdown towards at the end, as if to ask for forgiveness, with Lex giving the cold shoulder was chilling.

I wonder why Clark, who was snooping in on Lex early on, could enter the lab later without realizing what was the source of the special treatment? At least this gave us a glimpse (sort of, anyway) of Krypton.

Also the parallels between the two mothers (Lex & Clark's) was moving.
Old 04-28-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the more Luther centered episode so I did enjoy this one.

I can't be the only one that thought it was going to be Lana walking up the steps at the end instead of Clark's mother. I'm so used to the forced Clark/Lana moment at the end of every episode that I've come to espect it.
Old 04-28-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"A mother's love never dies."

That line springboard the paths of Clark and Lex to where they are now.

Lex's constant seeking of his father's love was met by a father's internal turmoil and shame as Lionel has always blamed the death of his other son Julian at the hand of his oldest son Lex, and when the truth is revealed (all from the actions of a mother whose love for her younger son prompted her to commit in her mind the ultimate act of love by not allowing Lionel to raise Julian because of who Lionel was), Lex has been living with life-long death of his relationship with his father, and this fundamentally formed the person he has become, someone who just wants the love he never had from his father, and will probably never have, all the while having a profound impact of who he has become.

Clark, in the same vein, was sent away by her mother Lara due to her love for him and wanting to give him a better chance at life in the face of otherwise assured destruction and death as Krypton imploded. Being raised by Martha and Jonathan could only have happened if Lara's love for him allowed her to let him be sent elsewhere to live and exist.

The unintended effect of Lex's mother's action is a cruel irony of life because she thought she was doing the right thing, but it turned out to be an even worse catalyst in creating a relationship whereby Lionel had no choice but to withhhold his love for Lex, given that he couldn't help but think Lex was the evil child who murdered his brother due to envy and jealousy. Being a father whose son who he thought had homicidal tendecies couldn't have been an easy thing for Lionel either.
Old 04-28-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Timber
I can't be the only one that thought it was going to be Lana walking up the steps at the end instead of Clark's mother. I'm so used to the forced Clark/Lana moment at the end of every episode that I've come to espect it.
You're not the only one. Though, I expect it..
Old 04-28-04, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Wow. Great episode. John Glover is absolutely amazing.
Old 04-28-04, 10:56 PM

Excellent episode. Now we know why there is such a big gulf between Lex and his father.

I might have missed it, but did they explain what happen to Lex's mom?
Old 04-28-04, 10:59 PM

I thought this was a pretty mediocre episode overall until the scene between Lionel and Lex. John Glover made the scene so powerful.
Old 04-28-04, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow! What a great episode! A real treat after the last couple of ho-hum episodes. I'm so glad it wasn't Lana in the barn at the end. My eyes started rolling before i knew it was martha. No Chloe, No pete, No problem. The lack of Jonathan makes me suspicious though.

A really powerful episode. It really cleans the bad taste out of my mouth from the last few. Without a doubt the best episode since the show's return.

Not exactly sure where they're taking it for the season finale though. The scene's for next week just looked weird.
Old 04-29-04, 03:34 AM

I thought this was a pretty mediocre episode overall until the scene between Lionel and Lex. John Glover made the scene so powerful.
Me thinks you're crazy.

Also, why must there be Lana whining every week? It's gotten sickening folks. More times the not over the last 2 months, the show hasn't ended with Lana in the barn.

And folks, you can't expect to have episodes like this every single week. The story would be complete in a single season. So of course there are going to be ho-hum shows. Every series has filler episodes.

Ugh... this show is getting repetitive for me. Am I the only one?
Absolutel nothing repetitive about this show at all.
Old 04-29-04, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree, this was a pretty good episode. Too bad the show's executive producers couldn't do more scripts, they always seem to be the better episodes.
Old 04-29-04, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mookiemeister

I might have missed it, but did they explain what happen to Lex's mom?
I think it was last season, but she died of cancer when Lex was younger. They brought it up last season when Lex's caretaker came home, who he kind of blamed for his mom's death.
Old 04-29-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought this episode was excellent.

I find myself enjoying the stories that center on the Luthor's (Lionel & Lex) as this show seems to work best with conflict and the Luthor's have plenty of conflict. John Glover was just amazing in the final minutes when he realized his actions unfairly judged Lex. I was glad the Lex didn't want to accept his fathers apology. We know the darkness in Lex has to come from somewhere to create the future villain.

I have always felt that this story is in some ways more about Lex than Clark. Lex wants love and affection and never quite gets it. Clark obviously had parents on both worlds who gave him all the love and affection and guidance he needed. Clark just naturally is a product of his raising and Lex is who he is due to choices and reactions against his upbringing.

Really good episode after the last few dissapointing weeks.
Old 04-29-04, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by Timber
My wife actually made the comment "Lana music" before we realized it wasn't Lana.

At this point, I think the only reason I am watching Smallville is for Lex (well, except for the fact that the aforementioned wife likes to tune in). I think Michael Rosenbaum is a fantastic actor. So, tonight's episode was a bit of a nice surprise. Of course I had to do all I could to ignore that big tank of kryptonite water. I'm really looking forward to seeing how his career progresses after this.
Old 04-29-04, 12:07 PM

Kristin Kruek looks so great in the "Fresh Episode" Promos! Smiling, great clothes, curly hair... A total knockout! Then Lana comes on the screen. Frowning, frumpy smallville flannel wardrobe, whining, straight boring hair, always giving Clark a bunch of drama .... Are they trying to get the viewers to hate Lana?
Old 04-29-04, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode. And thank god for strong performances this episode unlike last week's "Truth" teacher's son. Some of us are still recovering from that awful performance
Old 04-29-04, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
The lack of Jonathan makes me suspicious though.
Spoiler:
Chances are good he had to take some time off to do 10.5 on NBC as well as his upcoming directorial shot at Smallville next week I believe
Old 04-29-04, 03:44 PM

There's no way i'm going to highlight that.
Old 04-29-04, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

it's not a spoiler
Old 04-29-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by redinger
I'm really looking forward to seeing how his career progresses after this.
more roles dressed like a woman?

Old 04-29-04, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by GuessWho
it's not a spoiler
Spoiler:
Oh, thanks! Yeah i thought maybe he directed THIS one, and found it easier to do if he wasn't in the episode.

Last edited by ClarkKentKY; 04-29-04 at 05:04 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.