Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

reminder no 24 until 9:00 pm on sunday 4/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
I was being sarcastic...but only because there are a zillion more important reasons not to vote for Bush.
I was hoping you weren't being sarcastic. I was going to jump on your "AI fans against Bush" bandwagon!
Old 04-13-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Ughh...what is Fox thinking? Don't they know that 24 and The Sopranos draw the same types of demographics?
with all the stupidity that has going on with Fox I wouldn't be suprised if they cancelled 24 on Monday morning because the ratings are crap due to competition from The Sopranos.
Old 04-13-04, 12:41 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Perhaps HBO will do the right thing and agree to replay "The Sopranos" 10,000 times over the next week to compensate for this?
Old 04-13-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by joltaddict
Anybody think hell say The Sky Is Falling?
Old 04-13-04, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Why can't they at least show it at its regular time on everywhere but the east coast? I live on the east coast but I could still catch the Fox west coast feed at midnight.
Old 04-13-04, 06:46 PM

Re: reminder no 24 until 9:00 pm on sunday 4/18

Originally posted by Rypro 525
i know this was mentioned in the "no american idol thread" but this is for 24 fans. this is all due to W's speech tomorrow night.
boy it sucks for me, since now i have 3 shows to watch, 24, alias, and sopranos.
There is something very ironic about George Bush Jr. delaying a show about fighting terrorists.

And it gets even better when you realize CTU is the 'USA MI5' many pundits have suggested creating to fight terror in the US...
Old 04-13-04, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Out of curiousity, when does Canada air this episode? It'd be nice to not have to wait another five days...
Old 04-15-04, 04:27 PM
Suspended

why do they put it on the same time as the sopranos?
Old 04-15-04, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...562|1|,00.html

FX Gets Encores of '24,' CBS Doubles Up 'Survivor'
(Thursday, April 15 02:49 PM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - With "24" bumped out of its regular time period this week, FOX is making sure viewers have a couple extra chances to see the show.

As it's done in the past, the network will use its cable sibling FX for additional airings of the episode, which debuts at 9 p.m. ET Sunday (April 18). FOX had to move "24" from its normal home this week to accommodate President Bush's televised press conference Tuesday night, which also bumped "American Idol" back a day.

The episode, "6:00 A.M.-7:00 A.M.," will have some stiff competition on Sunday, airing opposite new episodes of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" on NBC and "Alias" on ABC, plus "The Sopranos" on HBO.

FX will rebroadcast "24" at 11 p.m. ET Monday and 6 p.m. ET Tuesday, three hours before the show returns to its regular spot on FOX.

FOX employed a similar strategy during the show's first season, scheduling multiple repeats of "24" on FX to allow viewers to keep up with the real-time thriller's plot. Network executives credited the "multiplexing" with helping keep the series on the air as early episodes struggled somewhat in the ratings.

The ripples from Bush's press conference have spread to CBS as well. That network will re-air Thursday's (April 15) episode of "Survivor: All-Stars" -- which is up against the delayed "American Idol" results show -- at 8 p.m. ET Friday. It pre-empts a repeat of "Joan of Arcadia."

This is good news for those of you that don't have Tivo!

Chris

Last edited by mrpayroll; 04-15-04 at 06:30 PM.