Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias (4-11-04)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-04, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This show is pissing me off with the 'all stick, no carrot' stuff. The narrow escape bullsh*t is tiresome.
Old 04-12-04, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gotta love Jack-mad-as-hell in slow motion as he heads for Sloane's prison cell. You just know a smackdown is coming!
Old 04-12-04, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Gotta love Jack-mad-as-hell in slow motion as he heads for Sloane's prison cell. You just know a smackdown is coming!

The show can't loose the tension between these two heavyweights going at it. Hell, Sloane will probably be smuggled out of the building at the 11th hour by Irina on the way to his execution during the season finale. I have to say, along with the rest of you, I'm ready to throw a large brick at Lauren's head and just be done with it. Get her outta there!
Old 04-12-04, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
While it's not as perfect as the first couple seasons, I think the second half of this season is FAR better than the first half.

Super-Lauren was silly and I think now that Vaughn has figured her out, she'll be exposed quickly...or he'll be made to live with her to get closer to the covenant.

I don't think Sloane will escape the prison cell. I imagine the season cliff-hanger will be his execution. (Which, of course, won't really have happened.)

BTW, speaking of missing Will, where is unkillable Francie???
Old 04-12-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by JuryDuty

BTW, speaking of missing Will, where is unkillable Francie???
I'm pretty sure she's living with some dude named Deacon in Queens, NY. That was the last I saw of here.
Old 04-12-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I agree that this episode wasn't as good as previous seasons but it was much better than some of the eps earlier this season.

I don't agree with the assessment that Sark's gone soft. Bomani threatened him and that's a no-no. I also don't believe that Sark was in that mall to warn Lauren: he would have killed her if she had gotten any closer. Once he saw Lauren live up to her bargin, it was bye-bye Bomani.

How about SpyDaddy ready to lay the smackdown on Sloan. Either Jack will be the one to inject Sloan with the needle or he'll find some other way to kick Sloan's ass. It should be great. Part of me hopes now that Vaughn knows he's been played, Jack smacks him too and says "see, that will learn you not to listen to me!"

Lauren has to go but there seems to be general consensus on that one so I'll try not to beat the dead horse. I miss Will to but the actor just popped up on Touching evil in what I'm hoping will be a recurring role (fingers crossed).
Old 04-12-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
Spoiler:
J.J. Abrams has a new show coming out that stars the guy who plays Weiss, so I think Agent Comic Relief's days are numbered at the CIA. Which sucks, because who will be left to bring the funny? Just Marshall?

I don't think Sark was necessarily showing weakness when he saved Lauren. I kind of thought Bomani was screwed when he threatened Sark. What the hell was that about? I thought Sark was more of a "senior partner" in the whole thing, since he and Lauren are the top dogs in the U.S. Covenant cell, and that Bomani was just along for the ride.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I saw that Grunberg is going to star in Abrams' new show. If they are going to take him off this show for good - let him go out w/ a bang.

NO, NO, NO - Sark is going soft. I just hope Lauren is not his downfall.
Old 04-12-04, 01:16 PM

Originally posted by B.A.
Spoiler:
Yeah, I saw that Grunberg is going to star in Abrams' new show. If they are going to take him off this show for good - let him go out w/ a bang.

Spoiler:
Yeah, but seriously, how much time does Grunberg really spend on set now? Aside from the occasionally episode where he goes on missions with Syd, I can't imagine this is a huge time commitment for him. My guess is that we'll see a decrease in his screen time, but that he won't go away completely. He'll make an appearance every couple weeks, crack a joke a Vaughn's expense, and go back into hiding...almost like he's working for a secret organization somewhere.
Old 04-12-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What if Grunberg is:

*cue mysterious music*

Spoiler:
working for the Trust!

Tee Hee.
Old 04-12-04, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by mverleg1
Spoiler:
Yeah, but seriously, how much time does Grunberg really spend on set now? Aside from the occasionally episode where he goes on missions with Syd, I can't imagine this is a huge time commitment for him. My guess is that we'll see a decrease in his screen time, but that he won't go away completely. He'll make an appearance every couple weeks, crack a joke a Vaughn's expense, and go back into hiding...almost like he's working for a secret organization somewhere.
Oh, I completely agree w/ what you - it just might be a little more exciting to do things my way.
Old 04-12-04, 02:13 PM

I think Lauren will be a round for a few more episodes. I remember in Season 1, thinking how different this show was because they killed off so many (what seemed to be) major characters so quickly and it didn't send the story line into a tail spin.
I think they're playing it safe and dragging every moment of suspense out as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have an episode of Lauren seducing Vaughn, but end it already.
Old 04-12-04, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by guywall
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have an episode of Lauren seducing Sydney, but end it already.
Fixed
Old 04-12-04, 02:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.
NO, NO, NO - Sark is going soft. I just hope Lauren is not his downfall.
Lies! Sark is the man.

Who's the only big bad guy (other than Sloane) that's still around from Season One? Sarkie!

Khasinau? Dead.
Irina? As good as dead, since Lena Olin doesn't want to do the show anymore.
FakeFrancie? Last seen shot (I think?) by Will Tippin, and might as well be dead... she hasn't been on the show since early in the season, when I figured she'd be more of an active character. (Not that I miss her too much, but where'd she go?) (Edit: looks like she's doing another TV show.)

So, at least from a writer's standpoint, if you get rid of Sark, then who's left?

But stepping back into the world of Alias... Sark has changed alliances enough times to show that his loyalties lie with himself and no one else. Bomani threatened him, and the guys in the Covenant morgue were putting toe tags on him a day later. Lauren, while a bit of a screw-up, is still useful to him. When her cover gets blown, Sark might try to rescue her, but only to make sure that the CIA doesn't get the info she could give them. After that, hopefully Sark puts her on the shelf next to Bomani's.
Old 04-12-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lies! Sark is the man.

Who's the only big bad guy (other than Sloane) that's still around from Season One? Sarkie!

Khasinau? Dead.
Irina? As good as dead, since Lena Olin doesn't want to do the show anymore.
FakeFrancie? Last seen shot (I think?) by Will Tippin, and might as well be dead... she hasn't been on the show since early in the season, when I figured she'd be more of an active character. (Not that I miss her too much, but where'd she go?) (Edit: looks like she's doing another TV show.)

So, at least from a writer's standpoint, if you get rid of Sark, then who's left?

But stepping back into the world of Alias... Sark has changed alliances enough times to show that his loyalties lie with himself and no one else. Bomani threatened him, and the guys in the Covenant morgue were putting toe tags on him a day later. Lauren, while a bit of a screw-up, is still useful to him. When her cover gets blown, Sark might try to rescue her, but only to make sure that the CIA doesn't get the info she could give them. After that, hopefully Sark puts her on the shelf next to Bomani's.
He is no longer the man. But he has a chance to redeem himself. As of right now - Jack is the man.

I could live w/ your last sentence coming to fruition.
Old 04-12-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't understand this part of the plot much. I thought Jack already knew his wife was cheating with Sloane - he already knew that she was up to no good w/ Sloane. Just seems like the writers are stretching it here.
Old 04-12-04, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Timber
I'm pretty sure she's living with some dude named Deacon in Queens, NY. That was the last I saw of here.
Wasn't she killed quite gruesomely by Will a few episodes back? Did I miss her reappearence when I stepped out to take a leak?
Old 04-12-04, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ranger
I don't understand this part of the plot much. I thought Jack already knew his wife was cheating with Sloane - he already knew that she was up to no good w/ Sloane. Just seems like the writers are stretching it here.
No, you're mistaken. This information had never been revealed to Spydaddy before this episode.
Old 04-13-04, 07:25 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Marshall was gold as usual! I loved his gushing respect of the skills of the Hacker, Cypher

Sydney looked very unHot , not a fan of the fringe

can't wait to see what happens next !
Old 04-14-04, 06:18 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
bump it up
Old 04-14-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
So now we have yet another super-secret organization, the Trust, to keep things simmering...
Yeah, this is the part that had my eyes rolling... geez, ANOTHER one???
Old 04-14-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by Ranger
Even if Jack didn't know, I'm having trouble believing his reaction... like he's still so hung up on Irina that he's going to smackdown Sloane for this??? C'mon, really?
Old 04-15-04, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
It's pretty evident that the Passenger will revealed to be:

Spoiler:
Sydney's sister (based on the reports of the casting of said character), but what I'm guessing is that this will be a half-sister, and that Sloane will most likely be the dad (with Irina being her mother, of course).

How does that add up though...

Spoiler:
Jack was married to Irina and I don't think he'd miss her being pregnant another time beyond Sydney. Irina's "fake" death occurred when Sydney was a few years old so it's not like if Sloane got her pregnant -after- she "died" that he or anyone else would think she was Sydney. The only feasible thing I can think of is that Sydney has a twin! One is Jack's and the other is Sloane's! Otherwise, am I missing something here? I don't see how Syd would have a sister by Irina and Sloane while being married to Jack w/o Jack knowing. Unless Jack thought he was workin' on his second child and she "perished" with mom but really didn't and Jack has hidden the "sister" from Sydney b/c he didn't want to cause her more pain. I'm just trying to think of any scenarios were her having a sister by Irina would even be plausible.

On another note...

I felt Vaughn's sudden questioning of Lauren (as a result of his conversation w/ Jack) and her guilt-tripping responses were a bit over the top. They didn't do this once either...they did it twice which made it even more pathetic. Then she leaves the wig, passports, and guns in a suitcase in the closet? Please.

I couldn't finish the first season of 24 because of stupid stuff like this. I hate to see it w/ Alias.
Old 04-15-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Lies! Sark is the man.

You forget who Sark reports to and was pimp-slapped by for killing off Covenant leaders....Quentin Tarintino's character.

He's the most elusive bad guy and a remenant of Season 1.
Old 04-15-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's been my biggest problem with this season... poor writing that is causing previously smart characters to behave stupidly.

It's hard to use the term 'unrealistic' with Alias (after all... we're talking about Alias here). But that's what comes to mind so far this year. With all of the wacky stuff going on in season 1+2, I rarely found myself saying "That would never happen" or "That character wouldn't do that". I do that 3-4 times an episode now.

Still liking the show... but less and less with each passing episode, unfortunately. I hope they turn this around.
Old 04-15-04, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jennifer Garner was on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno last night, and since Jay likes to embarrass Jennifer with all sorts of footage and photos, he was able to get some outtakes from Jennifer's stint when she did a training video for the CIA, and the outtakes were pretty funny. Jennifer is the bomb!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.