NYPD Blue - major casting news

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-02-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

from tvguide online:

COP OUT: NYPD Blue star Charlotte Ross, currently away on maternity leave following the birth of her first child, son Maxwell, on March 23, will not be returning for the cop drama's 12th and final season next fall, TV Guide Online has learned. "She requested to take next year off and [series creator Steven Bochco] was kind enough to let her out [of her contract]," confirms Ross' manager-hubby, Michael Goldman. "She's burnt on the character and burnt on drama and really also wanted to be a mom." That's all well and good, but what about the fact that Ross' Blue character is married and expecting a child with Dennis Franz's Andy! Producers will deal with that tricky matter next season. Says a show rep: "They haven't made a decision about it one way or the other at this point."

Hopefully, they won't kill her off. I think they've tortured poor Sipowicz too much already.
Old 04-02-04, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully, she's cool about guest starring in an episode or two. Doing the whole season without her will be pretty weird.

das
Old 04-02-04, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk God

So who will be the new unrealistically hot detective in the 15th next season?

Maybe Officer Grafton (Lana Parilla) will take and pass the detective's exam.
Old 04-02-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Well, that's a bummer.

RD and das - I concur w/ both of you.
Old 04-02-04, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Red Dog
So who will be the new unrealistically hot detective in the 15th next season?

Maybe Officer Grafton (Lana Parilla) will take and pass the detective's exam.
I was just wondering who Rita will partner up w/, too.

Lana Parilla definitely gets my approval. Jeri Ryan needs a job, too, but I don't know if I would like her in this setting.
Old 04-02-04, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I got it - reunite MPG w/ Tiffani Thiessen. She played a great cop on Fastlane. I'm certain she can handle Blue.
Old 04-02-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by B.A.
I got it - reunite MPG w/ Tiffani Thiessen. She played a great cop on Fastlane. I'm certain she can handle Blue.

Oooooo. I like. I like.
Old 04-02-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk God

I also would not be opposed to the new unrealistically hot female detective being a lesbian.
Old 04-02-04, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I also would not be opposed to the new unrealistically hot female detective being a lesbian.
and girlfriends w/ Jaime Presley (sp?).
Old 04-02-04, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by B.A.
Now that's a great idea!

I read something about Charlotte Ross leaving a week or so ago and was hoping it was only a rumor, but I guess not.

I wonder what they'll do with her character. Surely they can't kill off another one of Sipowicz's wives. She'll probably just quit the force to stay home and take care of the kids.
Old 04-02-04, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So when's Elizabeth Berkeley and Screech showing up for the SBTB reunion casting?
Old 04-02-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I don't know how they can possibly handle this from a story perspective. Killing her off is a bit silly, given all the tragedy that Andy has already had over the seasons. Having her "visiting relatives" for the whole final season seems stupid too. I hope they find a good way to do this without ruining any sense of 'closure' that Andy would have on a final season.
Old 04-02-04, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Re: NYPD Blue - major casting news

from tvguide online:
"She requested to take next year off and [series creator Steven Bochco] was kind enough to let her out [of her contract],"
She does know that next season is the last, right..? Why not have her workload cut down and just soldier through it?

She could take all the time off in the world that she wants afterwards...jeez.
Old 04-02-04, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: Re: NYPD Blue - major casting news

Originally posted by Rogue588
She does know that next season is the last, right..? Why not have her workload cut down and just soldier through it?

She could take all the time off in the world that she wants afterwards...jeez.

Some actors just don't understand the concept of a guaranteed paycheck. Too many get full of themslves, or blinded by other happenings to remember David Caruso, and how long it took him to find another job.
Old 04-02-04, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, what a bitch. She can always get pregnant again. Plus, nothing really happens in those early years of a child's life that can't be missed. If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say, "I wish I had spent more time at work instead of wasting it with my family," I'd be a pretty wealthy monkey.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 04-02-04 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-02-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: Re: NYPD Blue - major casting news

How many of you guys who are ripping on Ross have kids? Perhaps she feels being a mother should be her priority. Comparing her situation (she's given birth to a human being and wants to be there for it) to Caruso (the guy was an a-hole who wanted out because TV was slumming) is stupid. Some people are not going to be swayed by money or work, when it comes to their children.

As for how they are going to write her out... makes sense that Gibbs lets the cat out of the bag about Sipowitz and McDowell and she is forced to transfer out of the 15th.
Old 04-02-04, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
You guys make it sound like i'm saying she should wrap a t-bone steak around the baby's neck and throw it in the closet while she leaves for a 27 hour workday for the next ten years...

It seems that Bochco could be a pretty lenient guy, so why not send Connie off to take care of her sick mother and have every third episode end with a phone call to Andy or something..?
Old 04-03-04, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Yep, I don't see why she can't guest stint like Duchovney did the eighth season of the x-files. I mean staying at home parenting is why most actors do tv. Because it is a 9-5 job and they get to go home to their family every night.

How about bringing Jill Kerkindall back now that Andrea Thompson is back in the entertainment biz (on 24). I don't see her character returning next year on that show.
Old 04-03-04, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Rogue588 •

You guys make it sound like i'm saying she should wrap a t-bone steak around the baby's neck and throw it in the closet while she leaves for a 27 hour workday for the next ten years...
Mmmm ... steak.

das
Old 04-03-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It seems that Bochco could be a pretty lenient guy, so why not send Connie off to take care of her sick mother and have every third episode end with a phone call to Andy or something..?
Kinda like Chrissy Snow.
Old 04-07-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

We might have our answer on Ross' replacement...

Spoiler:
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Charlotte Ross' departure from "NYPD Blue" has opened the door for former "Boston Public" star Jessalyn Gilsig to join the cast.

Ross, who gave birth to a son last month, is leaving the show after three-plus seasons. Her pregnancy was written into the ABC series' story this season -- her character, Connie McDowell, is married to Dennis Franz's Andy Sipowicz -- but "Blue's" writers haven't yet determined how they'll write her out.

Meanwhile, Gilsig is set to join the cast for the final five episodes of the season, according to news reports. She'll play a detective who teams up with McDowell's former partner, Rita Ortiz (Jacqueline Obradors). Gilsig most recently had a recurring role on FX's "Nip/Tuck."

In addition to raising Maxwell, her son with husband Michael Goldman, Ross says she's ready for work that's a little less heavy.
"After four years of playing Connie and the intense story lines the show has given me, I am eager to sink my teeth into some lighter, more comedic fare," she tells New York's Daily News. "I've always enjoyed going back and forth between comedy and drama."

Good choice.
Old 04-07-04, 02:27 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
Good choice.
I agree
Old 04-07-04, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I have to disagree. I didn't care much for their role on the previous show...
Old 04-07-04, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk God

I have to disagree. I didn't care much for their role on the previous show...

I thought she was great on Nip/Tuck.
Old 04-07-04, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I was trying to be vague so I wouldn't spoil the spoiler, but I was talking about BP. Haven't seen every ep of Nip/Tuck yet...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.