Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor All-Stars 4/1/04

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-04, 11:20 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad Rob and Amber got split up, Rob was getting way too cocky. I'd vote off Rob and Lex next as they seem to be the big power players. WTF is up with Lex telling people they're next, what a dumb ass.
I still hope Rupet wins, he seems to be the most deserving.
Old 04-02-04, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by Jadzia
During the episode my local affiliate kept airing an onscreen message about an "Amber Alert", which was unintentionally funny.
You in the Battle Creek area???
Old 04-02-04, 11:37 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought the beginning of the show might be telling when they showed Big Tom and Rupert and they told how they go out fishing together every morning. Could be an alliance there that they haven't shown so far.

Anyone else catch how when Lex was telling Cathy about why they should vote off Jerri he said it was a good strategic move and then as he realized what he was saying quickly added "for the team".
Old 04-02-04, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by potvin48
You in the Battle Creek area???
They were showing it on the Detroit station. I guess in case the kidnapper drove east.
Old 04-02-04, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd like to see Rupert, Tom, Alicia and Jenna form an alliance and get rid of Rob.
Old 04-02-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally posted by Struz
I'd like to see Rupert, Tom, Alicia and Jenna form an alliance and get rid of Rob.
They would be fools to not do it.

Of course, none of those four are particularly good strategists, so it doesn't seem likely to happen...
Old 04-02-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Jim
I thought the beginning of the show might be telling when they showed Big Tom and Rupert and they told how they go out fishing together every morning. Could be an alliance there that they haven't shown so far.
They hadn't shown them hanging out much, but I remember Tom saying he liked Rupert and saw him as someone he could hang out with. I think that was the episode they dismembered the Oompa Loompa tribe and split them between the two remaining tribes.

The other thing that I didn't like about this episode was Chapera losing their camp to Mogo Mogo. I don't even like most of the people on Chapera, but to call this the All Star edition and just randomly flip everything around like that was pretty lame when one was doing so much better than the other. If they wanted to do this they should've incorperated it into some kind of challenge. If someobdy fails they have to switch sides.
Old 04-02-04, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Struz
I agree, I was hoping they would lose the challenge, because of rob trying to throw it(which is what it seemed like he was going to try to do), and vote rob off..

I enjoyed him more the first time, on all-star not as much. He's to full of himself, and amber isn't that hot, so I dont' understand what he's going on about.

I enjoy seeing tom and rupert, having a normal life, going fishing, just enjoying being there, unlike all the lazy people who just sleep, and wait for handouts.. Way to much food given out, I doin't see how those guys can even be hungry anymore..

Pretty lame survivor so far I think, way to easy for the guys. Except Jerri, which from listening to her, you would think never played the game before..
Old 04-02-04, 01:30 PM

I am skeptical that there will ever be a merger, at least until we get down to the final 4 or 6. Both teams keep anticipating this and I think it's better to keep them guessing.

Also, what was the deal with the paint? They didn't make it clear to the tribes that it was face paint, so the whole idea fell flat.
Old 04-02-04, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
What was the deal with the teams numbering 1-4 and 1-6 for the first "challenge". What did the numbers have to do with anything? Did I miss something?
Old 04-02-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 646 Likes on 520 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
What was the deal with the teams numbering 1-4 and 1-6 for the first "challenge". What did the numbers have to do with anything? Did I miss something?

That's how they paired them up for the lunch and 1-on-1 discussion.
Old 04-02-04, 01:43 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Spoiler about the next episode and the boot :

Spoiler:
the official website says there will be a merge next week as well as a double individual immunity. Kathy is the next one eliminated
Old 04-02-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
That's how they paired them up for the lunch and 1-on-1 discussion.
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure they took turns choosing who they wanted to have lunch with.
Old 04-02-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
Are you sure? I'm pretty sure they took turns choosing who they wanted to have lunch with.
The numbers were to decide who picked first.
Old 04-02-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Fok
I still hope Rupet wins, he seems to be the most deserving.
Old 04-02-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Fok •

[Rupert] seems to be the most deserving of a kick in the nuts.
Agreed

das
Old 04-02-04, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was never on the Rupert bandwagon in season 7, and that hasn't changed in All-Stars either. He's a dolt.
Old 04-03-04, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
With only 9 now left, we are into the jury selection.

I was very much hoping they would vote out Amber for no other reason than to see Rob go berserk over it. That would have been some good TV.

I certainly hope Tom and Rupert are thinking of an alliance. They are by far the most likable pair left in the game, and I would love to see either win, especially Rupert. He is a good guy, and that evidently threatens people.
Old 04-03-04, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As much as I like Rupert and want him to win Survivor, I don't think he was in the final 2. Remember during the Survivor Pearl Island reunion show, he made a comment about at least he finished ahead of Richard Hatch. From that comment, I just got the feeling he didn't get to the final 2.
Old 04-04-04, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 470 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally posted by SunMonkey
With only 9 now left, we are into the jury selection.
That's an assumption. Jeff was very careful this week saying only "and you'll have a one in nine chance of becoming the sole survivor." He didn't say, "and a guaranteed spot on the jury" as he has in the past seasons.

This might be some subtle semantics trickery, like in Survivor Thailand when he said "you'll be two tribes living on one beach" and everyone assumed that they had merged.
Old 04-05-04, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 122 Posts
The one thing I don't get is why didn't the ladies get rid of Lex? The four of them allow themselves to be puppets for him. Shoulda got rid of him, thinking they must be merging soon.
Old 04-05-04, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mariakitty
I am skeptical that there will ever be a merger, at least until we get down to the final 4 or 6. Both teams keep anticipating this and I think it's better to keep them guessing.
They've been trying to keep them guessing on the merge ever since the 2nd or 3rd season because everyone had seen the show before and expected it.

Seems like every time they do it, they hint about a merge and throw some twist instead, like the time they brought back the loser tribe As far as I remember every time they pull something like that they end up doing the merge the next show. I'll be surprised if they don't merge this week, plus the one tribe is getting pretty small after losing AGAIN. I think the main point of the buff exchange was just to even them up to delay the merge.
Old 04-05-04, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The producers got a little unlucky when the tribes flip-flopped when picking buffs out of the jar, with only Amber being the odd woman out. But with the Rob-Amber hook-up, perhaps that was enough to get some strange gameplay from both of them to make it interesting anyway.
Old 04-05-04, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally posted by Todd B.
That's an assumption.
I suppose so. But, I can't see why they would change that part of the game as it really doesn't effect much if the players don't know in adavance. I would think they would keep an odd number of people so as to not have a tie, and 5 people on the jury seems a bit small, and surely 3 would be silly.

Who knows, though.
Old 04-05-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 122 Posts
Spoiler:

ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR

TVPG-L

Amber is trapped between promises to two rival castaways.
The tribes finally merge, prompting a new and explosive dynamic among the tribe members.
The stakes are raised when the All-Stars are hit with a new twist at the Immunity Challenge.
Total chaos erupts when the castaways prepare for Tribal Council.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.