Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - 3/30

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-04, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gotta give Fox a BOOO!!! for the spoiler-laden previews of upcoming episodes for the rest of the season being shown at the beginning of this episode.

Pluses:

Michelle capping the guy ridden with the flight impulse.

Michelle talking the hotel guy from breaking out.

Very little Chloe or Chase's baby.

Very little of Kim's bad 'doo.

Amador going out with a bang.

Negatives:

Palmer rolling over for Sherry. Palmer's such a putz this day/season.
Old 03-31-04, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 246 Posts
Holy smokes!

This was the best episode of 24 in a long, long time...perhaps the best episode EVER!

Looks like the writers have been toying with us...they knew they had a kick-ass conclusion to the season and they've been slowly building up to spring it on us.

I don't know what situation is more tense...the fact that Michelle may not survive Season Three, or the fact that President Palmer is in it DEEP (not to mention the fact he's now under the control of a terrorist).

And where does Jack know the terrorist leader from? Was it revealed in an earlier episode (or season), or don't we know yet?
Old 03-31-04, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Have to agree with Shannon, a great Ep, the best of the year, and one of the best of the season.

But I second a big boo for a spoiler ridden preview, it was like Fox did not want to lose the Idol audience and gave us all these reasons to stay with 24.

Still 24 is ready to rock n roll the final two months of the year, just when you thought it was near death.
Old 03-31-04, 08:37 AM

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
Palmer is really losing all credibility...crazy to give in to Sherry's blackmail, but she does have him over a barrel...

I realize Michelle couldn't let the guy leave, but did she have to shoot him twice in the upper body? She was only about 12 feet away--how about a targeted shot to the leg? Stupid. Also, didn't that guy throw a garbage can through the window? Couldn't the virus sneak out through a broken window?

GREAT episode overall. One of the best shows on TV.
Old 03-31-04, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts
Originally posted by Derrich
Everything was laid out and no real surprises.
Funny how at the beginning of the season everyone was bitching that the writers rely to heavily on contrived plot twists. Now they provide a solid hour of drama and people bitch because there weren't any surprises.

Originally posted by Rabbit77I don't think we need to spoilerize speculation.
Spoiler:
I do.

Early on in the season some of people's speculations were close to or right on the money, almost to the point that it was a spoiler. Many a threads ago I thought we decided to spoilerize them.
Old 03-31-04, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Michelle had to make sure the rest of the hotel "guests" knew she meant business, and since she had the "shoot to kill" directive, she was within her operational jurisdiction (in her mind) to take out the biggest flight risk in front of the rest of the possible insurgents in this situation.

In "Ender's Game" this is touched upon in how to handle a mob that has you out-numbered: you take out the leader and not only do you incapacitate them, but you really do a number on the leader to snuff out the will of the followers/mob so you don't get anymore lip out of them.
Old 03-31-04, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont get why the first guy HAD to get home to his wife. To the extent that he's pulling fire alarms?
Because he mentioned earlier that his wife was expecting.

He wanted to get out badly because he saw Gael bleeding, and didn't know that there was a virus. Plus the security manager told him it was an irritant, so maybe he thought he could get away from the place and be safe.
Old 03-31-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From yesterday's Seattle PI
"'24' has gotten back to what it's supposed to do. We really do believe that no character, old or new, is safe. Scads of people start dropping dead, and the good guys are forced to do very bad things. And, mark my words, the episode set to air on April 13 is alarming enough to spark chitchat around the coffee machine on Wednesday morning, something that hasn't happened in a long time."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/166...1&searchdiff=2
Old 03-31-04, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
I dont get why the first guy HAD to get home to his wife. To the extent that he's pulling fire alarms? The evil man trying to take over the US. blah blah.
The guy mentioned that his wife was a week overdue in her pregnancy which might explain his overwhelming desire to get home.
Old 03-31-04, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by cliffzig
Anyone who has S2 of 24 on DVD, is the guy who is in control of the virus the same guy who was on the boat in the final frames of S2?
This is also something my friends and I were wondering, if they were ever going to connect the guy on the boat as a "super-villian" behind everything that's happened. Can anyone verify if it's the same guy as on the boat?
Old 03-31-04, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 199 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by BubbaTC
This is also something my friends and I were wondering, if they were ever going to connect the guy on the boat as a "super-villian" behind everything that's happened. Can anyone verify if it's the same guy as on the boat?
Just going by memory, but I'd have to say NO.
Old 03-31-04, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 199 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by coladar
My one question:
Spoiler:
Since the guy broke the window in the lobby, is there not a high likelihood that the virus is out? I'm not familiar with airborne pathogens, but it would seem if you have a room full of people that are at the prime stage of infection, and open a large window, bad things would happen.
Spoiler:
Based on the info from this season, the airborne virus will not last long. The virus is contagious from the infected hosts (Remember Kyle Singer, and how the Salazars threatened to unleash him into the general public?) That is why all hotel guests had to be detained; not because the hotel's air is contaminated, but that all the people in the hotel are now virus carriers.
Old 03-31-04, 11:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
OK, so Michelle killed the guy to let the crowd know she meant business. Hmmm. I think a shot to the kneecap would've sent a fairly strong message too, but whatever.

But again, didn't the guy shatter the hotel lobby window? And wouldn't the airborne virus travel out said shattered window?
Old 03-31-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 330 Likes on 246 Posts
Good news - 24 won its time slot last night. That can only mean good things, since I can't imagine anyone that watched last night will miss next week's show.
Old 03-31-04, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The hotel was being quarantined, plus it's about the concentration of the virus, so in the open air, it's less contagious, but if infected people were allowed to move about the population, then the rate of infection would increase more than just having the virus escape in the air. Plus, I expect that window to be covered up next hour/episode.

Also, Michelle probably did that guy a favor by putting him out of his misery...
Old 03-31-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BubbaTC
I really think it IS the same guy. Remember, that was the guy that Mandy called immediately after infecting President Palmer with the hand virus. It seems like that boat/virus guy is really into this viral warfare stuff.

But please, someone out there has Season 2 on DVD. Be a doll and check for us?
Old 03-31-04, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 138 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Holy smokes!

This was the best episode of 24 in a long, long time...perhaps the best episode EVER!

Looks like the writers have been toying with us...they knew they had a kick-ass conclusion to the season and they've been slowly building up to spring it on us.
Agreed. I think they realized that the show lost a little steam last season after the bomb went off. This year the show is peaking towards the end.
Old 03-31-04, 12:38 PM

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
I agree - good episode last night. Palmer is in deep - he was stupid enough to let his ex-wife back in his life in the first place, so I can't say that he didnt' deserve what happened.
Old 03-31-04, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Good news - 24 won its time slot last night. That can only mean good things, since I can't imagine anyone that watched last night will miss next week's show.
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...208|1|,00.html

FOX barely held onto the lead at 9 p.m. as "24" returned to a respectable 7.2/11. The FOX drama had large advantage in total viewers over NBC's "Frasier" (7.9/12) and "Scrubs" (6.5/10). ABC was third with "According to Jim" and "It's All Relative," which beat the 5.3/8 for CBS' "Century City." Also returning was UPN's "Rock Me Baby," which averaged an 1.8/3 in two episodes for UPN and topped "High School Reunion" on The WB.

Chris
Old 03-31-04, 02:39 PM

How is it that Jack can get anywhere in LA during rush hour in 10 minutes but it takes the haz-mat team over an hour to get to the hotel at 4 a.m.? I thought everything was 10 minutes away in 24 land.

Other than that...good ep. (except for Sherry Palmer)
Old 03-31-04, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by apeyard
How is it that Jack can get anywhere in LA during rush hour in 10 minutes but it takes the haz-mat team over an hour to get to the hotel at 4 a.m.? I thought everything was 10 minutes away in 24 land.

I don't know if you've ever lived in LA, but at least for this time, 4am, streets are genuinely as empty as portrayed. I wouldn't believe it from 6 am to 9 pm but any other time makes it easy to suspend disbelief.
Old 03-31-04, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just checked and I'm 95% positive it is, at least, not the same actor, the guy in Season 2 looked older and had a rougher voice.
Old 03-31-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll do one better then just looking on the DVD.

Didn't save the MyHD recording of 24 last night, so can't get this new guys image to post. Going by memory though, I'm pretty sure this isn't the same guy. Maybe it's supposed to be the same character, but it isn't the same actor...

Last edited by coladar; 03-31-04 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-31-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

did you crop off the sides? or did they change that last season? when ever a scene is split screen, the sides are cut off in the widescreen versions in season 1
Old 03-31-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, since the sides were black I figured I'd save some space.

Changing the image from what Rypro is referring to, in case anyone wonders what we're talking about. I was too enamored with Mia Kirshner, didn't notice he put the phone down for a complete view of his face for just a second. Still cropping it, since it's pointless to show the entire image.

Last edited by coladar; 03-31-04 at 07:45 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.