Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there any particular reason why NBC's been preempting their shows..?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-04, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting last weekend until this week, i've seen promos for new eps of both ER & Law & Order: SVU.

Tuesday nite, I get ready to record L&O [while watching NYPD Blue] and it's a repeat.

Tonight, I turn on ER and it's a friggin' repeat.

I could understand if the promo said "In two weeks" or something similar [and if so, I would have nothing to rant about...], but this isn't the case.

Or should this all just be chalked up to a simple "NBC Sucks..."?
Old 03-25-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know about Tuesday but the NCAA Tournament could be affecting things for shows Thursday-Sunday this week and last.
Old 03-25-04, 09:52 PM

I think the promos during the week for ER were only talking about how great the season has been. I don't remember hearing anything about a new episode. As WallyOPD said, I'm sure the basketball games have a lot to do with it. Also, I think March usually only has 1 or 2 new episodes and then early April has reruns and then late April and May have 4 or 5 new eps in a row.
Old 03-26-04, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I saw the promo that you were talking about, but there were also different ones for "this week's" shows.

ER
Spoiler:
It shows that Neela's about to have a very bad day after messing up when Carter urges her to be more of "a shark". Gallant yells at Carter and they all end up in the principal's office.

L&O:SUV
Spoiler:
Case has to do with a Michael Jackson-like millionaire who donates millions to children's charities and might be molesting one of the cancer-ridden kids.

But, what WallyOPD said makes sense.

Oh well.