Reload this Page >

Average Adam 3/22/04

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Average Adam 3/22/04

Old 03-22-04, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Average Adam 3/22/04

This was a pretty entertaining installment of Average Adam tonight.

The goring of Adam by the calves wasn't a pretty sight. Some of the women were terrified of playing matador.

The snowboarding was okay.

The rest of the Joes were unsuccessful in tempting Adam with 5 hotties (one of which was a former Playboy playmate, Angel Boris). Adam actually sent them all away before his harem arrived.

Adam had one-on-one dates with Rachel (the Adam stalker of the group), and Amy (my pick). Adam got to play tonsil hockey with both ladies in the hot tub.

The flag football in the mud was edited well, with the John Facinda sound-a-like voice doing the narration of the game.

Britney dropped the K-bomb on Adam: she has a 6 year old son (and she's only 23!). Adam promptly gave her the boot. He also gave the boot to Summer (scary redhead), Anna (Hot for Teacher), Rochelle, and Elizabeth (tall gangly blonde).
Old 03-22-04, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Flipping a coin was lame. Also, half the girls in the house already are better looking than those "models."

das
Old 03-22-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
Also, half the girls in the house already are better looking than those "models."

das
I concur.
Old 03-23-04, 01:05 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, so that's who it was. Angel Boris.
Old 03-23-04, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 395 Likes on 296 Posts
He got rid of the teacher? That sucks....
Old 03-23-04, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damn, I missed it tonight...Jennifer Lifshitz is still there???
Old 03-23-04, 06:22 AM

flipping the coin was pathetic, and dumping brittney was a pretty lame move - expecially since she has such a good head on her shoulders (in both ways)

How many of you would have kept Jen L. and gotten rid of Brittney?

My personal final two probably would have been Amy and Brittney
Old 03-23-04, 07:22 AM

Yeah, but if he wasn't ready to play daddy, then he had no business picking her. At least he was up front about it and didn't lead her on.

TK
Old 03-23-04, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The producers should have inserted the sound of a phono needle being ripped across a record when Britney dropped the K-bomb on him.
Old 03-23-04, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I don't fault her for being upset over it, but I don't fault him for being honest about it either. Based on the footage, she didn't have a chance to make it clear to him that she wasn't looking for a daddy for her kid. That's a big shock to a guy looking for love on a silly TV show. Better to be honest about it and say he's not ready for that than to string her along because she drop dead beautiful. Also, while a longshot, he may have done the math and realized she got pregnant while 16 or 17 and been thrown by that as well. I wouldn't have dropped her, but I can understand why he did.

das
Old 03-23-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, the close-ups of Britney sort of scared me, she looked older than 23 in the close-ups.

Rachel is the scary one.

Last edited by Patman; 03-23-04 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-23-04, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Adam picked two girls for one-on-one dates. I think he has the most connection with Amy so far. Unlike his previous date with Malena where he has to basically 'beg' for a kiss, Amy seems to initiate some of those close contacts. And Adam mentioned liking it. For now, Amy has the lead.
Old 03-23-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by proof
Ah, so that's who it was. Angel Boris.

Yeah - I noticed her immediately too. She looked far better when she was a redhead.

Rather disappointed - he immediately dumps the bikini girls and then he dumps Brittany, the best looking girl in the lot. Who cares if she has a kid? Nobody said you had to marry her at the end of this thing. The fact that he has kept Gonzo around after 2 cuts makes me question his sanity. Not much left worth looking at, and with that, I'll probably stop watching.
Old 03-23-04, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
The fact that he has kept Gonzo around after 2 cuts makes me question his sanity. Not much left worth looking at, and with that, I'll probably stop watching.
For his "image" on tv, he had to cut the models.
Only way to keep them without getting a bad rap from the house would have been if they were there from the start mixed in.

It would immediately send the image to all the other girls that they are just "Average Janes". When that isn't necessarily true, well not atleast as bad as the "average Joes" in general were.

For Gonzo, the only reasoning that I can come up with is he picked up on the self-depreciating image that she has.
He is just trying to lift her spirits by keeping her, thus not "feeling guilty" by cutting her for those reasons.
He'll continue to keep his distance, and then just use the excuse that they didn't "have a chance to get close".
That way he keeps the good-guy image.

However, it looks like the producers are screwing his all around nice guy image anyway next week with showing the girls the "promos" for the show and him kissing on everyone!
That can't help the relationships between the girls, or Adam's relations with each individual.
If that's the case, he should have just kept the models and rolled the dice!
Old 03-23-04, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by briank
Only way to keep them without getting a bad rap from the house would have been if they were there from the start mixed in.

This and he is probably laying the groundwork for after the show. He'll pick one, dump her relatively soon thereafter and then have NYC hotties falling all over themselves to be with him.
Old 03-23-04, 04:55 PM

Why I would say that Adam has looked better thus far in his own show than Bob G did I dont see why hotties would start to fall all over him. If that was the case I think they would have been doing that after the first Average Joe. Maybe he will get more because he actually has a lot of money, but I still dont trust a guy that has as a best friend that loser guy from the first Average Joe.

Angel did look familiar and now I know why. I do prefer her as a brunette and she was by far the best looking of the bikini babes.
Old 03-24-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't believe he dropped Anna.

I question this man's thinking.
Old 03-24-04, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally posted by briank
What "image"? He's got none to begin with for doing this show...
Old 03-25-04, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

QUOTE]Originally posted by Patman
The producers should have inserted the sound of a phono needle being ripped across a record when Britney dropped the K-bomb on him. [/QUOTE]

well said!..like they did when what's his name from last weeks show came off the bus in drag??

I liked the previews for the coming weeks when all the girls confront him as to why he smooched all of them. He's got that Oh Shit! I'm screwed look

PS Who's the girl who didn't want to ride the bull???..She's kind of hot and has a nice rack although she seems slightly unstable emotionally
Old 03-25-04, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

That was Tracilee. Mighty large rackus enormous.