Nothing about the episode to spoil it, just a reminder
Its on Wednesday this week
Old 03-16-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
....and next week.
Old 03-16-04, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the commercial yesterday that it was airing on Wednesday this week. Did they announce this at the end of last week's show? If they did I don't know how I missed it.
Old 03-16-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another Survivor/American Idol slugfest!
Old 03-17-04, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts
Damn, I hate it when they do this. I work Wednesday nights. Time to dust off the ol' VCR.
Old 03-17-04, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mariakitty
Did they announce this at the end of last week's show?
Yeah, they did.
Old 03-17-04, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is The Apprentice new tonight also?
Old 03-17-04, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick G
Is The Apprentice new tonight also?
No. It's last week's episode.

Thanks to the OP about Survivor. Every year I forget about the NCAA's changing CBS' schedule.
Old 03-17-04, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
And the last winner is booted!!! Bye Ethan. Lex was nice enough to give him a heads-up and obviously Kathy or Shii Ann decided that Ethan needed to go.
Old 03-17-04, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im really starting to have a hard time actually cheering for any of these people and im starting to hope that somehow big Tom will fall ass drunken backwards into victory
Old 03-17-04, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ethan was very classy in his exit, he hugged or kissed all his tribemates, and his exit comments were also classy (unlike Colby, sore loser).

I was LOL at Robfather's comments of Amber:

"And her ass is smokin', too!"
Old 03-17-04, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Patman

"And her ass is smokin', too!"
That was hilarious.

Old 03-17-04, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by astrochimp
Im really starting to have a hard time actually cheering for any of these people and im starting to hope that somehow big Tom will fall ass drunken backwards into victory
Amber is nice to look at, obviously, but I root for Jenna. She seems to be a really nice person, she holds her own in competitions, she's not full of herself, and she just brings a positive energy to whatever she does. It would be nice if she squeaked through and won the money for her daughters, I think she has two.
Old 03-17-04, 08:49 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually I hope Rupet wins it, he seems the most deserving, but he'll probably get voted out by the women.
Old 03-17-04, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The preview for next week made it look like they are going to shuffle up the tribes. I hope so because its a blow out at the moment.
Old 03-17-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I felt pretty bad for Rupert when Rob was making fun of him like that. Didn't seem deserving.
Old 03-17-04, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally posted by dolphinboy
Amber is nice to look at, obviously, but I root for Jenna. She seems to be a really nice person, she holds her own in competitions, she's not full of herself, and she just brings a positive energy to whatever she does. It would be nice if she squeaked through and won the money for her daughters, I think she has two.
Actually, with the exception of this week, Jenna doesn't hold her own in competitions - in fact, she's been down right horrible at them! She was one of the main reasons the old Saboga tribe was getting slaughtered in competitions (for instance, she paddles like she's ladling soup!), and she was the main reason Chapera lost the one challenge the week that Sue left. She is a nice person, but maybe is too nice for the game and her poor performances in almost all of challenges makes it pretty doubtful she'll make it to the final two.
Old 03-18-04, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by BizRodian
I felt pretty bad for Rupert when Rob was making fun of him like that. Didn't seem deserving.
Nope. It didn't. If the tribe doesn't get rid of either Rob or rob's chick when they vote, it's done. They need to seperate those two in the long run or else you have your first adn second placers right there.
Old 03-18-04, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, Cathy and Shian could have gotten rid Jerry which would have basically guaranteed that the 3 of them (cathy, shiann, ethan) would have made the merge seeing as Lex without Jerry would have been all on his own. Instead they chose to get rid of Ethan who might actually have helped them win a challenge. Plus now if they lose another immunity challenge its 2 vs 2 instead of 3 vs 1. Stupid Stupid Stupid.
Old 03-18-04, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Envy is a powerful motivator to give Ethan the boot, that's what worked against Ethan. Now the real game begins.
Old 03-18-04, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Nope. It didn't. If the tribe doesn't get rid of either Rob or rob's chick when they vote, it's done. They need to seperate those two in the long run or else you have your first adn second placers right there.
Looks like they'll be seperated next week. I'm hoping Rob will win but as much as I like him it really bothered me to hear him talking abour Rupert like that. Not cool.
Old 03-18-04, 03:18 AM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kilcher
Looks like they'll be seperated next week. I'm hoping Rob will win but as much as I like him it really bothered me to hear him talking abour Rupert like that. Not cool.
While I like Rupert, I like Boston Rob more. He is honest and isn't afraid to say what he thinks. I suspect this will eventually get him into trouble though. Anyway, maybe Boston Rob was a little harsh, but he was right on with pretty much everything he said about Rupert. In that environment with that Hawaiian sling, it wouldn't be that hard to catch fish.

Boston Rob has carried that team in the challenges recently and is largely responsible for them having a nice shelter. I wasn't his biggest fan in the Marquesas, but he has really impressed me so far.

OTOH, I really liked Rupert in the Pearl islands, but he hasn't impressed me much so far in All-stars. His decision to build a shelter by digging into the beach didn't help any. Also, he is really only good at challenges involving brute strength, and there haven't been many of these so far.
Old 03-18-04, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked the Robfather/Amber little montage with the piano music very romantic..

It looks like next week she get separated from her tribe
Old 03-18-04, 04:37 AM

Damn, I was so wishing for Jerri to win that immunity challenge against Rob. It would have been cool to see someone finally get the best of him for once and knock him off of his high horse. I will admit he's been kicking butt in almost all of the challenges, but it would be nice to seem him exhibit a little bit of humility every now and then.

The way Jerri was sizing up that target and all, I really thought she was going to nail one of those shots. But I guess in the end it was good thing that she hadn't, for if she had, then perhaps Rupert would have been the one going home last night, and I would hate to see Big Rupe go for he and Jenna are the ones who I am rooting for.
Old 03-18-04, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
I just hope and Rob and Lex end up on the same team. Should be fun.

Also, there's something about Rob I just can't stand. He reminds me of someone I used to know, and developed an extreme loathing of. He can't get shitcanned off of the island fast enough for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.