Reload this Page >

BATFINK - Remember it?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

BATFINK - Remember it?

Old 03-06-04, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BATFINK - Remember it?

Anybody remember this show? Batfink and Speed Racer were the first shows I remember watching as child. However, I can't remember any specifics regarding the show. I've never met anyone that's actually seen it. Here's more info:
Batfink was produced by Hal Seeger Productions from the spring of 1966 to the fall of 1967. It took as parodic source the wildly popular Batman television series, which premiered the previous January. Thinking quickly, Seeger rushed the first two Batfink pilot cartoons into production. Beginning in September 1967, Screen Gems released the package of 100 five-minute Batfink cartoons into local syndication, where they aired in locally-produced cartoon compilation programs. In New York City, WNEW-TV aired them as part of the Paul Winchell show.

The cartoons continued to air on television throughout the 1980's, at which time they disappeared from distribution. One of the last stations to air Batfink was WLIG-TV (now WLNY-TV), Channel 55, on Long Island, which aired the show in a half-hour format featuring five cartoons, Saturdays and Sundays at 7:00 a.m. and also during the afternoon hours on Monday through Friday. Nickelodeon briefly revived the cartoons on its Weinerville and Nick in The Afternoon program from 1995 to 1997.

With no homevideo release in the United States (there have been overseas video releases, most recently a set of eight tapes released in Australia), the series became an underground cult favorite, with collectors swapping homemade tapes and 16mm films.
Old 03-06-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I remember seeing a few of the shorts on Weinerville (Welcome to Weinerville, AHHHH!), but since I wasn't born till 1985, I didn't see any before that.
Old 03-06-04, 10:27 PM
Banned

May not ever be released in U.S.
Here's why if you guys remember BatFink's sidekick was a bucktooth japanesse goof.
Political Correct Liberals won't allow it!!!
Old 03-07-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by wm lopez
May not ever be released in U.S.
Here's why if you guys remember BatFink's sidekick was a bucktooth japanesse goof.
Political Correct Liberals won't allow it!!!
Yes, all evil in the world is perpetrated by...dun dun duuun...LIBERALS!!!
Old 03-07-04, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All those damn politically correct Liberals. Ever since Janet showed her tit, they've been running around changing everything we hold dear.
Old 11-04-06, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Just recently got the complete box set from England and enjoyed the first disc.They are showing it on Boomerang Saturdays and Sundays at noon.Anything from the 60's is like a breath of fresh air.The show is comparable to Dick Tracy(animated) but funnier.
Old 11-06-06, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought you were talking about what the Penguin calls (Adam West's) Batman.