Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mad Mad House

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-04, 11:11 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mad Mad House

hahahahahh this was the funniest, lamest shit i have ever seen.

I do hope that black dude scores with the witch. and then I hope James Iha sucks the blood of that annoying republican.

oh yea!
Old 03-04-04, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This show sucked. I was thinking it was going to be like surreal life, not survivor. I'm out.
Old 03-05-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It wasn't so bad. They picked a whole bunch of REALLY pathetic people.
Old 03-05-04, 08:11 AM

Like most reality shows, they have little faith in their setup, so they pick the most weak-minded people who have no business in their environment.

Why are these shows so terrified of finding interesting people. I have friends who would be a riot in a house like this.

It just goes back to the producers being afraid of the show growing out of their controll. Why not get more interesting people on this show to really get some chemistry going with the "Mad Mad hosts".
Old 03-05-04, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, you watch something like Survivior or Apprentice and the people seem more real and interesting, whereas on this they seem to be either pathetic people or sterotypes.

Oh, and why would you turn your lifestyle to that of a vampire, and keep your name as DON???
Old 03-05-04, 12:18 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Aww.. come on.. If you heard "I'm Don, I'm a vampire and I'm going to suck your blood"
Wouldn't you just be scared.. Okay.. maybe a little, once you stopped laughing.

He definetly could have chosen a better name suited to his lifestyle.
Old 03-05-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It's worth watching just to hear the "Alts" explain their reasoning for why they're choosing the person they want to leave. What the hell was Don talking about when he put the necklace around the chicks neck? Something about not swimming around in the cosmic energy of the house. The confused look on her face was priceless. And what was up with the voodoo chick and her problem with the black guy? It just all seems so retarded. I guess the Naturalist guy and the Modern Primitive seemed the most 'natural'. The Vampire, Witch and Voodoo chick all seem pretty silly.
Old 03-05-04, 09:21 PM

I had high hopes for the show - but the alts come off as laughable at times. I think they should have kept the alts a bit more mysterious - maybe by getting a neutral host to run all the games.

it kind of ruins the effect when the vampire is explaining the rules of the challenge. I was waiting for him to say "Wait for my go!"

I'll give it another week.
Old 03-05-04, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kind of funny when the most normal guy is the one who's streched out his earlobes...
Old 03-06-04, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by BizRodian
Kind of funny when the most normal guy is the one who's streched out his earlobes...
...and Nature Boy, he actually seemed pretty mellow and down to earth (so to speak) compared to the others and also the contestants.
Old 03-06-04, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm pretty sure I used to beat up that vampire guy in high school.
Old 03-06-04, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dude, even I am sure I beat up that guy and I sat alone during lunch.
Old 03-06-04, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As a goth, I made fun of that vampire guy in highschool because he was even geekier than I was.

Once again, SciFi has graced us with a non-science fiction show. Why don't they give it up and just call themselves the WB?
Old 03-06-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I watched some of it - I don't see what's supposed to be scary about it. Nerdy vampy goth kid has gotta be the biggest loser I've ever seen and he thinks he's the scariest one. Tattoos aren't scary either. Voodoo lady was just boring... I wouldn't participate in her ceremony because I would laugh and hurt her feelings. And what's so scary about diving into red syrup... "oooohhh... bloooooood... spoooooky" and rubber bats. Thought this show would be worth a laugh or two, but it's pretty stupid so far. I'll give it another chance next week.
Old 03-07-04, 01:05 AM

I thought the vampire guy looked like Butthead from Beavis and Butthead...I was just waiting for the videos to start
Old 03-07-04, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I find Fiona kinda hot.
Old 03-12-04, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New episode tonight... anyone else watch? I figured as much with regard to the outcome. She sucked anyway - kinda thought it was funny the way she cried and then acted like a spoiled baby and said everything was stupid and "i hate you" and all that. I still think phony vampy guy is a joke and I wanna beat him up.
Old 03-12-04, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty much how I felt too. This show is pretty damn hilarious.

I just burst out laughing when Fionia, just out of left field asks if everything thinks that guy had a beautiful scar... and everyone just nods their head and agrees.
Old 03-12-04, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty gnarly scar, but nothing to be embarassed about.
Old 03-12-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I’m ashamed to admit I may have to stay the course for this one.

My excuse is that I happened to turn on SciFi [sic] last night and caught the 1st one. Yeah, that’s it. (Now I have to figure an excuse for watching the 2nd.)

And, I wanted to see Kelly get the thrashing she deserved. I’m sorta sad to see her go, though. I mean, think of all the mileage the show could get off her “everybody hates me” schtick.

As a guy who always got beat up in grade school, I’d like to meet the vamp by the bike racks. Hehe.
Old 03-12-04, 03:08 PM

BF and I laughed our butts off when Kelly reacted to getting kicked off, the faces she made alone were worth plodding through the hour of this show.
Old 03-12-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty gnarly scar, but nothing to be embarassed about.
I agree. I have worse. It was just so hilarious to hear Fiona bring the "beatiful scar" thing out and have everyone else nod in agreement as if they're doing something totally normal.

I think I'm staying the course with this one too. It's so stupid, but it's hilarious.

I think it would be a good show to have even more of these alt people in a Big Brother type situation.
Old 03-18-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really liked the part in the supermarket, it was really very cool.

The vamproid is seriously just wack though, I don't get him. He's just, uh, I don't know. Art is the coolest though.

The rest of the episode was really not very entertaining though, I flipped channels. The whole godess part was sooo stupid...

The dinner scene was good as well, and it's very interesting to see how these people have bonded.
Old 03-26-04, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, am I the onyl one still watching this? after this weeks episode I've actually started to think of it as a really good show...
Old 03-26-04, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I find myself enjoying it. I still have no idea what the whole point of the show is though, as there is no real criteria for voting someone out. Seems your best shot is to be a wuss at the start and show everyone how personally enlightened you are becoming.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.