Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Apprentice -- "Trading Places" 2-5-04

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Apprentice -- "Trading Places" 2-5-04

Job candidates peddle wares at a flea market; one person dispenses questionable advice on how to handle Donald Trump; another person is fired.

Originally aired: 2-5, 8:42pm E/P - NBC
Repeats (but shortened to one hour):
2-6, 10pm E - CNBC
2-7, 1am E - CNBC
2-11, 8pm E/P - NBC

The teams "reshuffled" to be two guys/four girls each. Team leaders were Nick and Kristi. The "new" Versacorp is Nick, Bill, Tammy, Katrina, Amy, and Ereka. The "new" Protege is Kristi, Heidi, Troy, Kwame, Omarosa, and Jessie. (I think that's right)

Wow... Is Jessie sure a backstabbing bitch.

Barbarosa had me with her "she isn't a good leader cause she gets emotional" speech.

Well, if THAT isn't the pot...

To celebrate the new thread, here's a video of Sam comparing himself to a Monkey :
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentic...ive_102a.shtml

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 02-05-04 at 11:42 PM.
Old 02-05-04, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah I was completely surprised by Jessie. Man that was some serious backstabbing. I still think she's cute though.
Old 02-05-04, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, I want to sleep with Jessie then have her backstab me the next day. Seriously, I would totally be cool with it, the way she does it is so sexy.
Old 02-06-04, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Yeah I was completely surprised by Jessie. Man that was some serious backstabbing. I still think she's cute though.

Very disappointed in Jessie though but that is self-preservation for you as for Kristi:
Spoiler:
she should have fought more to save herself but didn't and she paid the price for it
as for Heidi her evasiveness was most disturbing when the Donald asked her a series of questions and what happened to that money that was lost?
Old 02-06-04, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jessie did sandbag Kristi with her advice of just keeping her yap shut and to take all the criticism. Kristi should have known the gig was up when Jessie put the blame on "the project manager" in her answer to Trump.
Old 02-06-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It doesn't sound like a dropped money thing to me though. Wasn't it some odd number like $187.30? that's hard to lose unless you drop your purse, and then you'd know where the money went.
Old 02-06-04, 01:52 AM
Suspended

Damn, Jessie's totally cool blooded. She had it all planned out. Be nice to Kristi so she doesn't get pick, then turn on her in the board room. Damn, she's good.

Man, I think Jessie stole the money. She's all quiet and shit in the background, doing shit in the shadow where nobody can see.
Old 02-06-04, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by FuzzyBallz
Damn, Jessie's totally cool blooded. She had it all planned out. Be nice to Kristi so she doesn't get pick, then turn on her in the board room. Damn, she's good.

Man, I think Jessie stole the money. She's all quiet and shit in the background, doing shit in the shadow where nobody can see.
Actually, Jessie stabbed Kristi's back before Kristi picked anybody. Pretty gutsy, I thought. And I was cool with either Ponderosa or Heidi getting fired, but then then Trump dropped the bomb on poor ol' Kristi. I was kinda shocked, as I'm sure she was.

Gotta give Nick some credit, his team really whomped some ass. But in the end, I'm pulling for Troy 'cause he seems like a genuinely nice guy.
Old 02-06-04, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kristi looked amazing last night. Even without the makeup and when she was upset, she looked hotter than pretty much everyone else there.

I think that she is the right one to go, even though I liked her. I can stand the other chicks left on her team now. Backstabbers, loudmouths and egos. I really don't like Nick from the other team either.
Old 02-06-04, 07:15 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Looks like Kristi is going to have to go back to taking off her clothes for money. So it's a win-win situation!
Old 02-06-04, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I thought Kristi was looking a bit like a horse-face, and not saying anything, just pursing her lips made it worse.
Old 02-06-04, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ya gotta love that idiot's comment with Steinbrenner. "That's some serious bling on your finger."

Last edited by Dabaomb; 02-06-04 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-06-04, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
The "Jesse distracted by the pigeon" sequence was one of the funniest things on a reality TV show in quite awhile. You can see it coming about 10 seconds before it starts as he catches a glimpse of the bird out of the corner of here eye......
Old 02-06-04, 08:04 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
I knew Kristi was gone, they focused too much on her being quiet. She certainly was not a leader and neither are omerosa or the other one.

From who I see that are left the only ones that I can see leading are Bill on the men and maybe Jessie on the women.

Its such a bad group. Heidi is nuts.
Tammy Lee is driven for all teh wrong reasons.
Old 02-06-04, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Heidi is insane. She was going off before anyone even said anything about her being chosen. It was like a self fufilling prophecy.

Barbarella took the money. That much is obvious. She wanted to go into the boardroom and she had her strategy planned out. Blame Kristi for everything and watch her implode.

Nicks cool. He and Bill will end up going head to head sooner of later though.

D
Old 02-06-04, 09:23 AM

Re: The Apprentice -- "Trading Places" 2-5-04

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Barbarosa had me with her "she isn't a good leader cause she gets emotional" speech.

Well, if THAT isn't the pot...
Racist! Racist, i say!
Old 02-06-04, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nick picked a really strong team. IMO, he got the best guy (Bill) and the best girl (amy? i forget her name) Kristi's team would have lost no matter what.

Gotta love the previews they showed for next week when the two girls walk back into the loft.
Spoiler:
When Heidi walks back in, everybody's all happy.

Then they see Amerosa and they're all quiet.
hehe, great tv
Old 02-06-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by tofu
Gotta love the previews they showed for next week when the two girls walk back into the loft.
Spoiler:
When Heidi walks back in, everybody's all happy.

Then they see Amerosa and they're all quiet.
hehe, great tv
That was awesome! Their reactions are priceless when someone comes back who they were not expecting!

Is next weeks episode 90 mins or 75 mins (like this week)? The previews said another Super Size Apprentice next week.
Old 02-06-04, 12:19 PM

what the hell's up with Kristi?
why didn't she pick that scheming whore Jesse even after being back stabbed in front of everyone
I guess she deserved to go if she was too weak to fend for herself

christ that whole scene in park where Jesse easily got distracted by some purty birds was a dead giveaway. SHE DIDN'T GIVE a SHIT about what Kristi was saying at the time she was just there to put on a show

no doubt Nick's team was gonna win, and damn he's got taste
he pick the hottest girls out of the bunch
and did anyone notice how tame and pussywhipped he acted through out? I mean if I hadn't watched the show from the beginning, there's no way I would've known he was the proj manager. But I guess being around a bunch of hot chicks will do that to ya

also notice the uncomfortable silence when Omarosa was the last person to be picked? Kristi reluctantly said her name

this show just keeps getting better
Old 02-06-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kristi was dumb picking the team. She knew only 2 guys could be on each team so Nick couldn't pick Kwame after he picked Bill. She should have waited to pick Kwame last and that way she would have had a better pick of the girls. She essentially wasted a higher draft pick by picking Kwame because she would have had to take him anyway once Nick picked his other guy.

Last edited by Jadzia; 02-06-04 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-06-04, 12:48 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I got the impression that they had to draft the guys first, before they could pick any of the ladies.

As for Jessie, she's the player to watch. She's been completely off my radar for most of the game, and then, WHAM. She completely stabs Kristi in the back...and the best part about it is that none of the other players have any clue! It's like watching a real-life Iago.
Old 02-06-04, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Katrina

Heidi is one scary lookin trick!

Last edited by bigsoos; 02-06-04 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-06-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And isn't Jessie the girl from the small town? I would never have expected it from her.
Old 02-06-04, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think Kristi didn't pick Jessie cuz she knew there wasn't gonna be anything to pin on her, whereas with Omarosa, there was the money thing and with Heidi, the attitude. She also might not have thought that she'd get kicked and maybe she planned some revenge later on.
Old 02-06-04, 12:59 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

After that board room, Omarosa is shaping up to be a real-life Sherry Palmer (24).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.