Reload this Page >

Two Questions about "The Shield"

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-03-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm re-watching season 2 on dvd and have 2 questions...

1) Why are some scenes, every now and then, shot on video? Most of the show is shot on film where it has that nice grainy look to it. But there are some shots where it's on like a high definition video. It looks a lot more crisp, but doesn't look as "authentic" I suppose. Anyone know?

2) Also, for season 2, does anyone think Dani (female officier) had a thing for Julian? I ask because she got upset a lot...SPOILERS....

when he told her about his upcoming marriage. She tried to talk him out of it. She threatened to tell his fiancee about his gay situations from last season. Plus a few looks here and there from her. And this is only up to episode 5 on season 2, so I forget everything else. But I wanted to know if you all thought that there was maybe a underlying romantic interest in him by Dani, or am I just reading too far into things.
Old 02-03-04, 02:20 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
I'm not sure about #1

As fas as #2, I haven't seen season 2 since it aired last year but I think just the fact that he was gay was the reason she was against the marriage.
Old 02-03-04, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The show is done in such a rough fashion but there HAS to be a good reason for those clearer shots.

I just think she wants him to be honest. I don't think she bonded with him that much in the second season.

I just started watching this show a few weeks ago. My buddy told me I had to borrow his Season 1 set and I did it knowing I was going to hate the show. I was wrong. Two nights after finishing the the first season my wife comes home with Season 2. We finished it pretty fast. I need to pick up Season 1 soon but I won't crave it until after Season 3 is over. I'm very impressed with this show and I never thought I would like it this much.
Old 02-03-04, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I never got the impression there was any sort of romantic interest there. She even mentioned that she knew he was gay before he ever told her. Her interest was for Vic, and for a split second to Dutch.