Search this Thread

Old 02-01-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JuryDuty
I'm surprised Rupert and Rudy voted
Spoiler:
Tina
off though. They're both really into partnering with people they can trust. Tina and Ethan are sure more into honoring their word than the two girls...
I'm thinking maybe they made a deal with Ethan, to go three against two now that the tribe is five.
Old 02-02-04, 12:31 AM

I think Tina was voted off because of her lack of powerful physical abilities. Rudy could at least contribute, although judging by the preview of next episode, it looks like Rudy is hurting. Also, some people look better than they did the first time around, while others looked a little worse for wear. The two that I nominate are Boston Rob in the category of looking better (looks like he was made-over by the Queer Eye boys, but in a good way). And looking worse for wear is Jerri Manthey from Outback. She just looks tired. I'm rooting for either Rob to win it all.
Old 02-02-04, 12:48 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Thanks for the info. It's good to hear they at least tried to get Elizabeth and Colleen to appear in All-Star. Too bad they turn them down. Elizabeth was my favorite survivor.
Elizabeth said she turned it down for health reasons. Her doctor told her that she shouldn't do it again if she wanted to have children anytime in the near future because it messed up her body so much last time. She lost 30 pounds last time which is huge for her.

It was too bad that my favorite tribe lost, but I was happy that my least favorite member of that tribe got voted off.
Old 02-02-04, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by nny
Elizabeth said she turned it down for health reasons. Her doctor told her that she shouldn't do it again if she wanted to have children anytime in the near future because it messed up her body so much last time. She lost 30 pounds last time which is huge for her.

It was too bad that my favorite tribe lost, but I was happy that my least favorite member of that tribe got voted off.
Jerri seems more likeable from what little we've seen, but I agree that that is the best tribe. Not in talent, but in likability. I didn't want them to lose and I didn't want to see anyone in particular leave. Rupert is so popular, but he'd have been the only one I wouldn't have felt too bad seeing go. Jenna seemed so nice in the first one, so I hope she has a good showing.

Elisabeth got the spot on the view, so health or not, I doubt she would have been able to do the show. She is sorely missed, but what's the deal with Colleen? She was pretty much the female phenomenon in Season 1, ok the Animal wasn't good, but she was still very appealing in it. I guess she just didn't like celebrity. Her and the Greg hit it off, so she's probably a bit strange.

I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The were a couple of people I didn't recognize and I certainly can't just think Ethan or Jerri and remember which one they did right away. It's always hard when there are so many people. If some really good people advance, it should get very good once they've whittled away about half of the people they started with.

Does anyone else here have any thoughts about what Jenna said about not voting for a past winner if they were up against someone who hadn't won? I thought that wasn't a smart thing to say, her mouth will most certainly get her voted off, but since people clearly vote at the end for the person they liked better over who they felt played better, it certainly would be a factor. If it was close, I would want to give the million to someone who hadn't already gotten it too.
Old 02-02-04, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If Amber got Elisabeth's spot, so much the better.
Old 02-02-04, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've really missed Richard Hatch in these past survivors. He is a genius when it comes to playing Survivor. I like how he said he knew how to start a fire but he didn't on purpose because it was hurting the other players more than him.
Old 02-02-04, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by TruGator
I've really missed Richard Hatch in these past survivors. He is a genius when it comes to playing Survivor. I like how he said he knew how to start a fire but he didn't on purpose because it was hurting the other players more than him.
What i don't understand is Richard's fire ability. If the announcer knows that Richard can start a fire, why don't his teammates know it? They all watched the first survivor - shouldn't they know thaat he can start a fire?

I think Richard will be the first to be voted off if that team goes to Tribal Council.

I agree, I would have been practicing my fire starting abilites as soon as I agreed to sign up for Survivor All-stars - and quite franklily - I am disappointed that 6 people couldn't rub the sticks together fast/often enough using cooperatin to start a fire in 1.5 days!
Old 02-02-04, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great show !
I'm rooting for Colby, Lex & Rupert.
I want one of these guys to win it.

I don't understand Hatch's strategy.
I know it worked on Survivor 1 but everyone knows what he is doing now. Plus he's a previous winner. He's got a big target on his back now. If they loose the next immunity challenge I think they will vote him off. He's already won and he does nothing.
Why keep him ?

Why is it that Hatch can start a fire and no one else can ?
Old 02-02-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Memo to Kathy: You wore eyeglasses on the island. They can be used to start a fire in about five minutes on a sunny day.
Old 02-02-04, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Fun stuff.

I'm hoping Rupert wins. Big Tom has always been a favorite of mine, so I have two people to follow if one gets the early boot.

If anyone missed the episode (or didn't want to stay up that late), they are re-airing it on Tuesday.
Old 02-02-04, 08:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
well, what a start. I wonder how long till they get fire going
If nobody is able to create fire, you know it will be given to them, as per Survivor tradition.

And Richard is overdoing the being naked thing... It's supposed to be a once in a while thing, not a whip it off for the immunity challenge thing..
Old 02-02-04, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally posted by TruGator
I was wondering if he was staring fires on his own and boiling his own water. I don't think I could go that long without water.
Old 02-02-04, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What was the deal with CBS' promos saying the first few minutes would be amazing or whatever? It felt strange with this game starting so soon... of course, I understand that since most Survivor viewers already know who these people are. Seemed like this should have been 90 minutes instead of feeling rushed.

I wonder how much of a liability it is for Rupert since the other folks don't know much about him? If he was an ass then it would be a blessing, but he's a good guy.

This is going to be fun to watch.
Old 02-02-04, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
BTW, what was with Rupert saying that everyone else knows each other but him?
Do they attend the survivor allumni Country Club?
I understand people from the same island, but what about people from different shows, how the hell do they know each other?
Old 02-02-04, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,037 Likes on 855 Posts
I was expecting to see Jon (Jonny Fairplay, dead grandmother). Didn't he say on the final show "See you at All Stars"? Not of course that he can be believed.

I recognized a lot of the people but not all. Maybe this will be the show that they finally release in full-season DVD format, and they can include as a bonus feature clips of everyone's original appearance.
Old 02-02-04, 11:21 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Looks promising. Funniest line, when whomever was reading the tree-mail that made some reference to the "dancing flame" (or something like that) and the dude said, "Hmm, must be referring to Hatch." Good one...

Too bad none of them can start a fire. Seems like one would be pretty valuable if s/he were the only one in the tribe able to do so...
Old 02-02-04, 11:24 AM

I'll laugh my ass off if Hatch wins the whole thing. Considering the way he's been acting so far, I won't be surprised if his team boots him the first time they loose immunity.

I wonder if any of them remembered to set out their pot when it started raining.

Brian
Old 02-02-04, 11:28 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Hatch knows that regardless of how hard he works, he's the first on the chopping block when his team hits the tribal council. There's no point in him helping or working at all...might as well take it easy.
Old 02-02-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 620 Likes on 499 Posts
Great start to the season. Good to see Tina get the boot. Hatch is more smug than ever.
Old 02-02-04, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

CBS is full of it. They said you won't want to miss the first 15 minutes and then nothing happened. Rupert seems really worn down this time, probably because he just got out of the last one about a month earlier. He doesn't seem to be his self like he was in Pearl Islands. I hope Hatch wins it all.
Old 02-02-04, 11:48 AM

yeah, the way the teams are set up its unfair to the previous winners. Hatch obviously knows this, or he would have had fire.
Old 02-02-04, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by Tommy Ceez
Do they attend the survivor allumni Country Club?
I understand people from the same island, but what about people from different shows, how the hell do they know each other?
For each finale, there are Survivor gathering for the contestants -- they hang out with each other and come to the big finale show every season. Plus, everyone has seen each other on TV!

Rupert hasn't had a chance to do that yet. I'm not even sure if any of the All-Stars had a chance to view Rupert on TV during the Pearl Islands season (I believe Rupert was literally whisked away to the All-Stars islands immediately after his season was completed). So, for the most part, Rupert might know most of these guys by watching them on TV during previous seasons, but nobody knows Rupert personally, and possibly nobody has seen him on TV.
Old 02-02-04, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was probably filmed while his season was still airing.
Old 02-02-04, 12:15 PM
DAC
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish that Mike was on this all star version. You know, the pig killing passing out in the fire Mike. He was kicking ass untill he fell in the fire and had to be taken out via helicopter.
Old 02-02-04, 12:17 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think this one started filming the beginning of November, so the others would have seen Rupert for maybe 5-6 episodes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.