Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CBS High Definition on DirecTV

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-04, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by tjr2mental
Only problem with this is all the zip codes that I tried have A or B rankings. I can not find anything in the area that does not have those listings. That is what upsets me. It is one thing to only be able to give it to a few people, but from the things that I am finding, no one will be able to use the CBS HD broadcast that is avilible.
Start going up the coast. Try zip codes for Royal Oak, Mt. Clemens, Marine City and Port Huron. ANYTHING far enough away from Toledo , Lansing and Saginaw while staying close enough to Detroit to get their locals from Directv will do the trick.
Old 01-31-04, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ok, I found one city (New Baltimore) that is not dealing with anyone but WWJ, so I called and changed my service address. Now, what do I need to do to get the Super Bowl in HD?
Old 01-31-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Just checked my TV, and it's all good in the hood (Chicago)!!
CBS was usually the ONLY station that I couldn't get OTA HD signals from, and now, it's coming through loud and clear.
Old 01-31-04, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Okay, called them back and told them that I was still not receiving the CBD HD feed. Once again I was put on hold (but not nearly as long as I was last night) and talked to a customer service guy who told me that I was still able to receive the HD feed. After a round of arugments about how their site showed that WWJ was the only affiliate in that town (to which they disagreed with till the guy went onto the site and looked it up) I was put once more on hold. Five minutes later I am told to check channel 80 and bam! I have CBS HD.

Sweet, and thanks to those who took the time to help me figure out a way around the system. You guys are the greatest!
Old 02-02-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by tjr2mental
Sweet, and thanks to those who took the time to help me figure out a way around the system. You guys are the greatest!
You're welcome