Search this Thread

Old 01-21-04, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
American Idol - Season 3 - Audition Night 3

Houston is sad.
Old 01-21-04, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's what I was thinking.
Old 01-21-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Honk Kong Super Star.

Old 01-21-04, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Paula is finally showing some backbone...guess Simon and Randy are rubbing off on her. If you listen carefully when Simon and Paula went off-camera for the 16 year old blonde who only Randy wanted to sent to Hollywood, you could hear Paula say "She's annoying as hell!"

I'm guessing the contestants who have been approved but we really haven't seen yet (just glimpses of them) are the real talented ones...since even the ones they have been approving on-camera haven't been that good.

And darn it, I STILL think they made a huge mistake by rejecting cute little solidier girl on Monday night!!!
Old 01-21-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a big fan of this show but I did watch the last segment and could only hope that that kid had snuck a 9mm glock to take his shots at everyone invovled w/this show. But I guess the water will do.
Old 01-21-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cassie LeBeau
Old 01-21-04, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
I want someone to come in dressed like this and sing a JOURNEY tune from when Randy was in the band (83-86)

"Youre goin' to Hollywood, dog!"
http://www.jrnydv.com/Sections/Band/Journey/jackson.htm
Old 01-21-04, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by Shannon Nutt
Paula is finally showing some backbone...guess Simon and Randy are rubbing off on her. If you listen carefully when Simon and Paula went off-camera for the 16 year old blonde who only Randy wanted to sent to Hollywood, you could hear Paula say "She's annoying as hell!"
yeah, that was funny as shit.

I liked when that Cassie chick came in, sang about 3 seconds, and they approved her. You'd think w/ all that shit, Simon would want to at least hear her for a bit.
Old 01-21-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Was the Harvard girl's name really Fooking Lee?
Old 01-21-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Was the Harvard girl's name really Fooking Lee?
Not sure on the lastname, but her first name was Fookling.
Old 01-21-04, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddy
Honk Kong Super Star.

I can't help...farring in luf wif you

I just watched the 2nd and 3rd nights in succession. Wow that was brutal! It just keeps getting worse! I actually started feeling sorry for the judges, wondering how long they actually had to sit there and listen to this.

I bet by the time they were halfway done with Houston they were probably wishing they let the cute army girl in. They're so fed up with it they let the yodler in with one vote. Though I agreed with Randy on that one because at this point they have to let anyone in who can sing and tell them what they need to fix.

Last edited by Roto; 01-22-04 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-22-04, 02:07 AM

I'm not sure what Paula's problem was with the Yodel Girl's attitude. She was "affected"? I didn't like the yodel either, but I dont know what Paula was seeing. Maybe it was because she was sick.

After all the bad auditions, you would think that Simon would have let Cassie LeBeau sing her song (Stormy Weather) for more than 5 seconds. IMO that was the best audition all night (that they showed anyway), I wanted to hear more of it.

Brian
Old 01-22-04, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
That Cassie girl was a shoe-in for looks alone. They need at least a few good looking people to go. They can't all be Clay's and Rubens.

At least that's how I see it.

That Hong Kong guy was great. I'd pay to hear him sing more :ror: (raughing out roud)
Old 01-22-04, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally posted by WhoGirl
Not sure on the lastname, but her first name was Fookling.
I think this chick was another "Ringer"...like the "Flashdance" girl from Tuesday night...I think she was putting on an act just to get on TV.
Old 01-22-04, 05:52 AM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
I actually know the asian girl ( Fookling Lee ) and yes, she knew she couldn't sing, she went there just for fun and to see how far she could make it.

In this show, most of the bad people know they can't sing it. They do it just to get on tv.
Old 01-22-04, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I must have missed it in the first episode but they all keep saying that this is a singing competition.

If I'm not mistaken all they stressed in the first season was that this was not a singing competition but an overall talent competition. What did they give up on talent and just go strictly to singing?

Last edited by kantonburg; 01-22-04 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-22-04, 07:21 AM

Originally posted by Shannon Nutt

And darn it, I STILL think they made a huge mistake by rejecting cute little solidier girl on Monday night!!!
I think we saw so much of her because she comes back in the wild card show.
Old 01-22-04, 07:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Laertes
I think we saw so much of her because she comes back in the wild card show.
Well, it's too early to know that, since the wild cards aren't picked yet (although the judges may have some people in mind already).

In the previous two rounds did anybody who didn't make it to "Hollywood" get picked as a wildcard?
Old 01-22-04, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by Grouch094820 & 5/17

In the previous two rounds did anybody who didn't make it to "Hollywood" get picked as a wildcard?
I thought so, but I could easily be wrong. I wasn't paying much attention when I watched (only saw season 2).

If it helps, I think it happened in "Canadian Idol" but again, I could be wrong. The point is, I don't think it's "against the rules" (though they seem to make those up as they go along).

I'm just floating an early theory out there.
Old 01-22-04, 08:39 AM

I like the clips of the 2 gay black guys complaining about not getting in.

I laughed so hard when that kid threw water at Simon. He definitely has a butter face.
Old 01-22-04, 08:54 AM

I didn't watch the first AI, but the wildcard picks from last season were:
Randy - Kimberley Caldwell
Paula - Trenyce
Simon - Carmen Rasmussen
Viewers - Clay Aiken

Of those, only Carmen wasn't one of the 32 semi-finalists, but she had at least made the initial "you're going to Hollywood" cut.
Old 01-22-04, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I only saw the first 25 minutes, but the bit with Fookling was pretty good in terms of setup and then "non-execution" of singing talent.
Old 01-22-04, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No. I'm not even sure there WAS a wild card option the 1st time around. Last season it was chosen only from the people who "made it to Hollywood".

Originally posted by bdshortI'm not sure what Paula's problem was with the Yodel Girl's attitude. She was "affected"? I didn't like the yodel either, but I dont know what Paula was seeing. Maybe it was because she was sick.
I understood what she meant - the girl was putting on an ACT. She transformed into this "love me I'm cute, perky, innocent and ballsy" attitude which Paula said she did not exhibit in the lobby earlier in the day. I saw exactly what she meant - you could see it crumbly off a little when Paula called her on it. She may not have understood what "affected" meant but she sure knew she was putting on an act for the judges.
Old 01-22-04, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There was not a wildcard in the first season, just the second season (so far).
Old 01-22-04, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
There was not a wildcard in the first season, just the second season (so far).
Wrong. There was one. I believe it was RJ Helton. The first year, they took the Hollywood group, narrowed it to 3 groups of 10 each and then had the viewers pick the top three. That made nine total (including the pity vote for Jim ). Then the judges took five cast-offs and came up with a concensus choice (R.J., "Love your initials,dog.").
The second season, there were four groups of 10, the viewers only got to pick the top 2, giving 8 finalists, then each judge and the viewers all got to pick 1 wild card, for a total of 12 finalists (this gave the judges a larger say in who would be a finalist and decreased the chance for an undeserving Jim-type selection).
In both seasons, the wildcard was from the semi-finalists, not from those not even taken to Hollywood.

And yes, I am embarrased that I remember all that. I assure you is due to a selectively good memory, not a great interest in the show (but nobody believes me, I'm sure)

Last edited by Decker; 01-22-04 at 09:35 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.