Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Subtle hint that last night's Cops was a rerun

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Subtle hint that last night's Cops was a rerun

Old 01-18-04, 10:13 PM
  #1  
Needs to provide a working email
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Formerly known as Darrin Garrison
Posts: 3,321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subtle hint that last night's Cops was a rerun

Cops was in NYC, and while the cop was talking the camera zoomed on the Manhattan skyline-- with the World Trade Center still there.
Old 01-18-04, 10:24 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Posts: 54,199
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do they actually make new episodes of this show? I figure by now they have enough footage to show it atleast five more years without anyone ever noticing any difference.
Old 01-19-04, 12:28 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Charlie Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Sesame Street (the apt. next to Bob's)
Posts: 20,198
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I sometimes watch reruns of the show late at night, and I've seen episodes from as early as 1990 without realizing how old they are. It's difficult to judge fashion differences when the perps are usually shirtless and wearing filthy jeans. Ah, being a redneck is timeless!
Old 01-19-04, 10:30 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
JasonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 41,294
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
I sometimes watch reruns of the show late at night, and I've seen episodes from as early as 1990 without realizing how old they are. It's difficult to judge fashion differences when the perps are usually shirtless and wearing filthy jeans. Ah, being a redneck is timeless!
The great thing is, if you've got an episode from 1990 starring a redneck wearing a "Bush Rules, Saddam Sucks!" T-shirt, it still looks timely!
Old 01-19-04, 10:37 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 76,615
Received 279 Likes on 199 Posts
Re: Subtle hint that last night's Cops was a rerun

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Cops was in NYC, and while the cop was talking the camera zoomed on the Manhattan skyline-- with the World Trade Center still there.
The first episoe wasn't. It was new.

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
do they actually make new episodes of this show? I figure by now they have enough footage to show it atleast five more years without anyone ever noticing any difference.
Yes. I can tell that most of the new stuff was shot early last year. You are right, though. They usually have more than enough video to continue putting out shows for quite some time.
Old 01-19-04, 12:00 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,264
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can somenone tell me how this "works". if i was being arrested, and then i saw some person taping it for cops, i'd complain about that, so how much of it is scripted.
Old 01-19-04, 12:23 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 76,615
Received 279 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
can somenone tell me how this "works". if i was being arrested, and then i saw some person taping it for cops, i'd complain about that, so how much of it is scripted.
you obviously don't know much about cops. the only stuff that's "scripted" is the things that the cops say at the beginning when they are talking about themselves and why they like being a cop. Police all over applaud the show for being as realistic and true to the job as it possibly can be.
Old 01-19-04, 03:09 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Cusm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 7,582
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I love how "realistic" it is when they very gingerly(sp?)apprehend some of the perps, especially some of those asses that need to be taken to the abandoned field before they go downtown.
Old 01-19-04, 03:22 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Docking Bay 94
Posts: 14,259
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Rypro 525
can somenone tell me how this "works". if i was being arrested, and then i saw some person taping it for cops, i'd complain about that, so how much of it is scripted.
Your arrest wouldn't make it on the air without your permission. So the footage of people 'complaining' never makes it at all.
Old 01-19-04, 03:56 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 953
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bboisvert
So the footage of people 'complaining' never makes it at all.
Along with the footage of 'bad guys' getting away, etc.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.