Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Subtle hint that last night's Cops was a rerun

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-04, 10:13 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subtle hint that last night's Cops was a rerun

Cops was in NYC, and while the cop was talking the camera zoomed on the Manhattan skyline-- with the World Trade Center still there.
Old 01-18-04, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do they actually make new episodes of this show? I figure by now they have enough footage to show it atleast five more years without anyone ever noticing any difference.
Old 01-19-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I sometimes watch reruns of the show late at night, and I've seen episodes from as early as 1990 without realizing how old they are. It's difficult to judge fashion differences when the perps are usually shirtless and wearing filthy jeans. Ah, being a redneck is timeless!
Old 01-19-04, 10:30 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
I sometimes watch reruns of the show late at night, and I've seen episodes from as early as 1990 without realizing how old they are. It's difficult to judge fashion differences when the perps are usually shirtless and wearing filthy jeans. Ah, being a redneck is timeless!
The great thing is, if you've got an episode from 1990 starring a redneck wearing a "Bush Rules, Saddam Sucks!" T-shirt, it still looks timely!
Old 01-19-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Subtle hint that last night's Cops was a rerun

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
Cops was in NYC, and while the cop was talking the camera zoomed on the Manhattan skyline-- with the World Trade Center still there.
The first episoe wasn't. It was new.

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
do they actually make new episodes of this show? I figure by now they have enough footage to show it atleast five more years without anyone ever noticing any difference.
Yes. I can tell that most of the new stuff was shot early last year. You are right, though. They usually have more than enough video to continue putting out shows for quite some time.
Old 01-19-04, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can somenone tell me how this "works". if i was being arrested, and then i saw some person taping it for cops, i'd complain about that, so how much of it is scripted.
Old 01-19-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
can somenone tell me how this "works". if i was being arrested, and then i saw some person taping it for cops, i'd complain about that, so how much of it is scripted.
you obviously don't know much about cops. the only stuff that's "scripted" is the things that the cops say at the beginning when they are talking about themselves and why they like being a cop. Police all over applaud the show for being as realistic and true to the job as it possibly can be.
Old 01-19-04, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I love how "realistic" it is when they very gingerly(sp?)apprehend some of the perps, especially some of those asses that need to be taken to the abandoned field before they go downtown.
Old 01-19-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
Your arrest wouldn't make it on the air without your permission. So the footage of people 'complaining' never makes it at all.
Old 01-19-04, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bboisvert
So the footage of people 'complaining' never makes it at all.
Along with the footage of 'bad guys' getting away, etc.