TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joan of Arcadia 1/9/04

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-04, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Joan of Arcadia 1/9/04

1/9/04

I thought tonight's episode was very touching, and heartfelt as death's effect on the living is examined through rememberance of a boy who died too young, and words in a letter.

Will appears to have figured out a way to keep the family in Arcadia while not having to take a job that would slowly but surely shackle him and drain his spirit.

Kevin finally makes a move, and gets back into living, and not just rolling around in life.

Luke also makes some headway in his infatuation with Grace, though it takes a science project to give them some common ground and embrace being underdogs.

Joan and Adam finally find a way to break down the walls, and Adam's mother's letter to him frees him from his self-imposed prison (i.e. "in stasis") and he's able to accept Joan's apology and move on with their connection.

Good episode.
Old 01-09-04, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman

Good Episode.
I agree.

Except, I didn't like Will's "resolution". I understand wanting to be hands on and not be behind the desk, but if he had them by the balls, couldn't he put a provision or two in his list of demands insuring that he'd still be on patrol or whatever..?
Old 01-10-04, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
The WHOLE season has been real good. In my top 3 favorite shows of the season.
Old 01-10-04, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another good episode. I almost cried several times during the show.
Old 01-10-04, 04:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Very good episode.

It's good to see all the characters moving on when it seems like their lives were on hold.

I thought the end with Adam and Joan was very well done and touching.
Old 01-10-04, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great eps

but i did have a question. When god appeared to Joan in the church, didn't she ask to see something. And then she was on the floor. What happened?
Old 01-10-04, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TheEdge21
Great eps

but i did have a question. When god appeared to Joan in the church, didn't she ask to see something. And then she was on the floor. What happened?
She want God to give her the big picture. God complied. And we can infer from that scene, Joan did get a big picture from God. And it probably overwhelmed her so she fainted. The question to ask now is: what the big picture is and does Joan still remember it after she woke up.
Old 01-10-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 357 Posts
Good show. I've started to really like this show. Not the type show I typically watch, but do like it.
Old 10-12-04, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
I actually just got to this episode last night as I'm trying to get through seaso 1 so I can catch up to the current schedule on season 2.

Perhaps it is my compressed viewing schedule (btw, I haven't watched on in months except this ep and the previous one last night), but it seemed odd with the Joan/Adam ending. I've always gotten the "they're really good friends on a deep level", but I never really felt like Joan had romantic feelings for Adam.

Maybe I'm completely off, or perhaps this will come up again before I'm done with season 1.

Science teacher looked better wet. :P