Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 12/07/03

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-03, 08:15 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by lisadoris
One random question though: when Sark was about to light his dad up (literally) did Lazarey give Sark a first name? For some reason I thought I heard him say Julian but I was tripping on the lighter so I might have misheard something.

I could have swore that I heard Lazarey say Julian too.
Old 12-08-03, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
maybe he said "julia" as in julia thorn, syds alias for her 2 years. i didn't hear what he said.
Old 12-08-03, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

arrrg, january 4 2004 is when the next episode airs.
Old 12-08-03, 09:53 AM

After reviewing the video tape, I'm not sure if he said Julia, Julian, or something else. The results were inconclusive. The section that is being referred to is:

Sark: "You should know that the inherritence that you refer to is not being used by my employer"
SarkDaddy: "Julia(n). The Covenent. They are pure evil.

There is definitely an "n" sound in there, but it could just be the accent.
Old 12-08-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Apparently, a few weeks ago some people thought that Sark's first name was Julian.

http://andersfans.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=266

http://forums.allalias.com/index.php?showtopic=9838
Old 12-08-03, 10:22 AM

Originally posted by Chew
I'm glad other people thought the Wisconsin thing was strange as well (being my home state and all).

Normally, they use city names, right? I think they're underselling their audience. More people are going to know where Milwaukee or Green Bay are than most of the foreign locals they use.
You can't let people know just where in Wisconsin Will is hiding out. You'll blow his cover.
Old 12-08-03, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Mysteryfan
You can't let people know just where in Wisconsin Will is hiding out. You'll blow his cover.
That's what I said to my wife - that they were being vague in regards to his whereabouts on purpose.
Old 12-08-03, 10:41 AM

Very good to see lots of Will and no Lauren. And now no Lindsey! Hooray.

SC is right on about Will-- he's our window into the show, and I hope they can get him involved more often.

Question: who tracked the Rambaldi device for Syd? Weiss. Who is my presumed baddie? Weiss. My hypothesis-- Weiss and Sloane are in cahoots, and Sloane now has the device.

Sloane remains one of the best characters in the past 10 years of television. Along with Jack, a very good duo of supporting roles.

I didn't comment last week, but Cronenberg was simply awesome in his role. I loved it, and the dream sequences. Does Kellogg's make St. Aidan's?

Last edited by Dr. Rosenrosen; 12-08-03 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-08-03, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

so this episode, or last episode has proven the point that sloan was never for world peace as noted in the first episode of season 3, and he is either still looking for, or has the rambaldi device in his possession.
Old 12-08-03, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Most of us have been assuming all season that Weiss is the undiscovered turncoat, and they have made it seem a few times this season that he is the logical answer to the big unanswered question. BUT I really hope JJ throws us for a loop and surprises the shit out of everybody and has the turncoat actually be somebody that no one expected - Like Jack.

I'd say most people have speculated that Weiss is main suspect. Some have mentioned Lauren, though she wasn't involved in the story/cast two years ago before the disappearance of Syd. A few have said Vaughn, Dixon or Marshall, and now some are speculating about kung-fu Willy. But no one has mentioned Jack. That would be the ultimate surprise.
Old 12-08-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Did Syd have Weiss tracking the Rambaldi truck on satellite..? What happened with that..? Wouldn't he have video footage confirming whether or not Sloane was telling the truth..?
Old 12-08-03, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rogue588
Did Syd have Weiss tracking the Rambaldi truck on satellite..? What happened with that..? Wouldn't he have video footage confirming whether or not Sloane was telling the truth..?
Unless Weiss is in on it too . . .

It seems like they're making it too obvious with either Will or Weiss.

My vote: Jack Bauer. Sneaky bastard.
Old 12-08-03, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The whole Lindsey thing was really obvious.

Allison is superwoman now, so maybe she let Will "kill" her, since she has restorative powers. Maybe she still has feelings for him as well.
Old 12-08-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

superwoman allison gets killed by wimpy will? maybe he's been working out for 2 years since there is nothing to do in wisconsin.

wouldnt sydney want to question sark? don't they need to make sure allison is dead? why did will leave? if the covenant knows he's alive might as well stay in L.A. with Syd. Sark found him in Warsaw, he should be able to find him in wisconsin
Old 12-08-03, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

oh yeah, syd told vaughn and jack on the plane that she fought herself...but dr. dude knew somehow to tell sark
Old 12-08-03, 08:19 PM

Originally posted by B.A.hist
BUT I really hope JJ throws us for a loop and surprises the shit out of everybody and has the turncoat actually be somebody that no one expected - Like Jack.

Oh my goodness....wouldn't that just be TOO much? It'd be great, though!
Old 12-08-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Syn: You're not going to get away with this!
Sloane (turns on puppy eyes and shakes head): I don't know what you're talking about.

Classic.
Old 12-08-03, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
btw,

When Sydney and crew came to Yale even Connecticut rated a city mention (New Haven)

I guess the good people of Wisconsin have to feel lucky they spelled the name of the state correctly ...
Old 12-08-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It would have been funny if Will had picked up a Wisconsin accent while he's been there for the past 2 years in Witness Protection.
Old 12-09-03, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So am I the only one who thought that Will (when drunk with Syd before they went at it) said the painter he is interested in has had his heart broken or something to that effect? Anyway, he definitely said "he" or "his" at least twice. Not that it matters, but if Will is a double that might be a clue.

Also knew from the moment Lindsey asked Sloane to set up the hit that he would be the one killed. Quite obvious I thought.

As to the turncoat - probably Weiss for the typical red uniform reason.

As to Sark surviving - can't kill an interesting foil for Syd, and she doesn't kill if her enemy is incapacitated unless she absolutely has to for survival at that minute. She worries about her safety on a minute by minute basis. She's always come out ok, so why start killing in cold blood now. If he lives and comes after her again, she'll handle it when it happens. She's a good guy after all.

This ep kicked some serious booty - can't wait for the next one.
Old 12-09-03, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Funny comments. My stepson's dad is in Wisconsin and we laughed when that came up.

Geneva...
Moscow...
Paris...
Wisconsin...

I thought, perhaps, that Will was building the first skyscraper in the state!

Can someone give me the quick 411 on Will, aimed at a view of this season's episodes only? Old love interest from the Agency at start of Season 1? Doesn't Syd know not to ____ where she sleeps, and ever date outside of work?
Old 12-09-03, 05:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by WarriorPrincess
So am I the only one who thought that Will (when drunk with Syd before they went at it) said the painter he is interested in has had his heart broken or something to that effect? Anyway, he definitely said "he" or "his" at least twice. Not that it matters, but if Will is a double that might be a clue.
I thought Will was talking about himself. He mentioned something about suffering from serious relationship trauma (which being brainwashed and stabbed by your ex would qualify) and that was why he hasn't made a move on the painter.

I could be wrong though.
Old 12-09-03, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There is no doubt in my mind now that Will is going to be the bad guy. Why else would they have Syd sleep with him? It is a common plot that many shows have used in the past. I hope that I am wrong. I don't think that he is returning as a main character, just a bad guy that will drop in and out a few times a year.
Old 12-09-03, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Venusian
maybe he's been working out for 2 years since there is nothing to do in wisconsin.

Old 12-09-03, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
It would have been funny if Will had picked up a Wisconsin accent while he's been there for the past 2 years in Witness Protection.
Yep, he needs to sound a little more nasally, say "soda" and call the water fountain a "bubbler". I could go on describing some of my family members in Milwaukee, but I won't.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.