TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The OC 12/3/2003

Old 12-04-03, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DamDavila
You Canadians need to upload these episodes somewhere for download... and fast! Not enough on my Kazaa search!
Bit Torrent downloads are the only way to go. They are up on Tuesday afternoon and you can usually have the show downloaded in about an hour.
Old 12-04-03, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
This show is really too entertaining. I am absolutely shocked that this might be my favorite new show of the season. Who would have thought before this show aired that it would be this good? I am very pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-04-03, 01:48 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by OtherAdam
The mean they only want to be his girlfriend.
Actually I was thinking maybe each of them assumed that since he was saying he just wanted to be friends, he had picked the other girl. They could have just been pissed that he chose the other girl and broke their hearts. For all the people in disbelief of him choosing neither, I think he might have been testing them. In other words, if one of them said they wanted to be his friend, he would know she was the girl for him. I really liked this temporary solution to this overused plot device.

As for the Wonder Woman costume, I've never thought Summer was attractive so I actually much preferred Anna's gift. Of course, I prefer everything about Anna, but I can sympathize with Seth having desired Summer his whole life.

So what do all of you think of The O.C. winning the best guilty pleasure at VH1's awards this week. Even if the show may have started out as a guilty pleasure, it's gotten go much better the last couple of months that I don't think it belongs in that category anymore. Personally I don't consider any show that can come up with something as funny as Chrimukkah a guilty pleasure.

Also, what was in Seth's starter pack? I think I caught the last 2 things he said, Kavalier and Clay and Goonies, but I think I missed the rest.
Old 12-04-03, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i think he said there was a Shins CD in the starter pack too. As long as Seth ends up with one of the girls later ill be happy. I really don't need another Clark/Lana relationship where they string it along for 3 seasons. Its ruining Smallville but im going to give The O.C the benefit of the doubt considering they didn't do it with Ryan and Marissa
Old 12-04-03, 06:26 AM

Originally posted by nny
So what do all of you think of The O.C. winning the best guilty pleasure at VH1's awards this week. Even if the show may have started out as a guilty pleasure, it's gotten go much better the last couple of months that I don't think it belongs in that category anymore. Personally I don't consider any show that can come up with something as funny as Chrimukkah a guilty pleasure.
High drama it ain't. The show is the epitome of guity pleasure.
Old 12-04-03, 06:50 AM

I think the girls said they didn't want to be his friend because they ONLY want to be his girlfriend. I'm very dissapointed that he didnt' choose Summer. I mean, I understand that Anna is cool and on his level, but he's been in love with Summer FOREVER....He better get with one of them soon!! This show is consistently the most entertaining show on TV. The writing is great..."oh god....are they coming in already?!" regarding P. Gallagher's eyebrows
Old 12-04-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Great Hera! What an amazing outfit!
Old 12-04-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can't believe they only gave us the once-over for Summer in the Wonder Woman outfit...grrrr...

But on a different level, I liked what Anna did, which was try to communicate with Seth on a level he could grok, i.e. comic books. Girls like Anna are priceless.

Can't imagine how many more times we have to see Marisa go off on an alcoholic bender...

Was intrigued by next episode's previews though.
Old 12-04-03, 08:46 AM

As usual, great lines by Seth. My favorite, when he sees his mom checking out the papers from work:

"Has grandpa been abusing the corporate card again? What is it this time, hookers? Blow? Is he dancing with the little white lady?"
Old 12-04-03, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by Fokker's Feint
As usual, great lines by Seth. My favorite, when he sees his mom checking out the papers from work:

"Has grandpa been abusing the corporate card again? What is it this time, hookers? Blow? Is he dancing with the little white lady?"
That was hillarious! I always forget all the funny lines Seth has until I read it here the next day and get reminded...there's too many to keep track of. I definitely did not expect this when they were showing previews for this show in the spring!
Old 12-04-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by nny
Also, what was in Seth's starter pack? I think I caught the last 2 things he said, Kavalier and Clay and Goonies, but I think I missed the rest.
Cool, I didn't catch him mentioning Chabon's novel, which was excellent by the way. Another reason for me to re-watch the show tonight.
Old 12-04-03, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally posted by auntiewinnie
High drama it ain't. The show is the epitome of guity pleasure.
I think maybe by guilty pleasure they mean that people who haven't watched the show are often heard mocking it. Which is something I do hear unfortunately, but that's what us Buffy fans had to deal with for many years. However I consider a guilty pleasure a show you enjoy despite knowing that it really isn't that good. The clever writing on this show is just too good to not like.
Old 12-04-03, 09:39 AM
Suspended

It's funny, I find myself watching the encore every week because the show is that damn good. Does anyone know why it's back in 2 weeks?
Old 12-04-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Anyone know when the encore is?
Old 12-04-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
I don't think they air encores anymore.
Old 12-04-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Figures. The gf would tape the wrong channel soon as the encore quits airing.
Old 12-04-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What a great episode. Christmanukah must rank with Festivus as the best two Christmas replacement holidays.

Loved the beginning part where Seth is describing Christmanukah

Kirsten: "I'm not waspy!!" hehe
Old 12-04-03, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nny
I've never thought Summer was attractive so I actually much preferred Anna's gift. Of course, I prefer everything about Anna...
PREACH ON! Summer doesnt have anything on Anna, now if Anna dond the Elektra outfit for Seth, we would be in business.

Im sorry, but in two (2) weeks the Cohens hosting a swingers party is going to be classic. Kirsten daring her husband to stay. I just hope Anna shows up to tease Seth.

Originally posted by tofu

Kirsten: "I'm not waspy!!" hehe
I thought she replied, "Im not a WASP." To Seth's mom comes from the WASPy of all WASPy families.

Last edited by retihsuhnt; 12-04-03 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-04-03, 11:02 AM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Another good episode last night. As already stated, Seth came through again with some more zingers. My favorite was, "Now I gotta' go put on my face."

I just can't believe he didn't choose either Anna or Summer!
Old 12-04-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by B.A.hist
Speaking of Summer - does anyone have a screen cap of the world's newest Wonder Woman? That would make my Chrismukkah an even more joyous occasion.

Everyone here thank B.A.hist for this quick and sloppy Chrismukkah gift to one and all. It looks pretty horrendous as I had to merge several images together due to the nature of how the scene was shot, but you get the general idea. BTW, I don't think it was Chabon's novel "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay" that Seth was referring to, but rather the subsequent comic book that Chabon released.
Old 12-04-03, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe people would rather watch CBS comedies, rather than The O.C.!

ABC moved into the lead at 9 p.m. with "Trista and Ryan's Wedding," 9.1/14. "The West Wing," 8.5/13, improved on its lead-in, but NBC dropped to second place. CBS took third with "The King of Queens," 8.5/13, and "Becker," 7.5/11. "The O.C.," 6.1/9, got a boost from its "Simple Life" lead-in, scoring higher than its season average. An "Angel" rerun kept The WB in fifth, while UPN trailed with "Jake 2.0."

Chris
Old 12-04-03, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering where that extra hand on her thigh came from!

Chris
Old 12-04-03, 11:37 AM
Suspended

I love Seth's reaction to Wonder Woman there... "I think I'm going to pass out!"
Old 12-04-03, 11:45 AM

This show just gets better and better.

Side Note: Who here has a 5000 series ReplayTV with last week's episode? (The Secret). Email me please (see profile)
Thanks
Old 12-04-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
The Billboard awards (with the cast of the OC) are on next wednesday.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.