Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 11/30/03

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by shoppingbear
Interesting, the second item is NOT surprising (I mean, DUH... ), but as for that third thing,
Spoiler:
who is Dr. Brezzel, should I remember him?
The doctor that was just featured thoughout the most recent episode.
Old 12-02-03, 05:00 PM

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by Meatpants
The doctor that was just featured thoughout the most recent episode.
Oh... OK, thanks.
Old 12-03-03, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never heard anything about this, but perhaps others have. I will spoiler it, even though it doesn't really give away any plot points This is from TVGal at Zap2it.com

Spoiler:
Creator J.J. Abrams has promised a shocking twist about one of the main characters on Jan. 11.

She lists some speculation as well, but I am curious what others think it might be (what she says is what most have been saying for a while)
Old 12-03-03, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by SiberianLlama
Can anyone identify the cello piece that was playing in the background when Sydney was in the mysterious facility her first time she was asleep? I know I've heard it before, but I don't know the name of it.

Besides that, great episode. I loved Jack's little smile when he told Vaughn he still didn't think he had much of a backbone.
I thought the chello piece sounded familiar also, with out replaying I think it was the same piece that Yo Yo Ma played in the West Wing when Josh was having flashbacks.

I love to the see the cliffhanger back too, but I still cursed the show when it happened.
Old 12-03-03, 07:11 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
I never heard anything about this, but perhaps others have. I will spoiler it, even though it doesn't really give away any plot points This is from TVGal at Zap2it.com

Spoiler:
Creator J.J. Abrams has promised a shocking twist about one of the main characters on Jan. 11.

She lists some speculation as well, but I am curious what others think it might be (what she says is what most have been saying for a while)
Please tell me it's not that
Spoiler:
Weiss is a bad guy.

*checks site*

Dammit, it is. Well, it's only her speculation. I have no idea how good she is at speculation, though.
Old 12-03-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

hasn't
Spoiler:
weiss
been in the show since day one?
Old 12-05-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Yowza.

Old 12-05-03, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

god damn
Old 12-05-03, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That possible spoiler has been floating around for the past month or two. If it happens, it happens.
Old 12-05-03, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
I hope that it isn't Weiss. I don't think that it will be. I am leaning more towards Dixon or even Marshall. I would love it if it was Marshall, and they gave him a bigger part in the show as a bad guy. If I had to bet, I would go with Dixon.
Old 12-06-03, 12:25 PM
Banned

Coupla things:

When Sydney was running through the building toward room 47 we saw a large window with fireworks going off outside. Could 47 mean something significant happened on the 4th day of the 7th month of one of the years Syd was absent? The Fourth of July?

Did anyone catch Vaughn mentioning that Will was taken to Cedars Sanai (sp?) Hospital after the fight? Syd could start there in trying to find out what happened to him and where he might be.

I was thinking St. Aidan looked like an anagram or something but I haven't been able to come up with a clue yet.

They determined by the severed hand of Lazaray (sp?) that he was killed no more that four months ago so Syd couldn't have done it. What?! Since when does a severed hand indicate death of the rest of the body? Many questions here. The hanging plastic strips Syd used as a portal could indicate a meat locker where a body or hand could be kept although I'm not sure if this would fool the assessment of time of death. Has anyone checked the video where Lazaray was killed to see if his left hand was missing? Also, Syd was told that Lazaray was her friend and to trrust him.

This episode had alot of information in it to set up the rest of the seasons' shows. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 12-06-03, 12:49 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by cracksky
They determined by the severed hand of Lazaray (sp?) that he was killed no more that four months ago so Syd couldn't have done it. What?! Since when does a severed hand indicate death of the rest of the body?
I thought the whole hand thing was to show that Lazaray/Lazarey/DaddySark was still alive, instead of murdered by Syd.
Old 12-06-03, 05:47 PM

Originally posted by Patman
That possible spoiler has been floating around for the past month or two. If it happens, it happens.
You know what, if you read the column on zap2it that someone mentioned, she clearly is just guessing: "I hope the big development isn't... " etc. I don't think it's any more credible now than it was when someone first brought it up. And for what it's worth, I don't believe it.
Old 12-06-03, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by cracksky
They determined by the severed hand of Lazaray (sp?) that he was killed no more that four months ago so Syd couldn't have done it. What?! Since when does a severed hand indicate death of the rest of the body? Many questions here. The hanging plastic strips Syd used as a portal could indicate a meat locker where a body or hand could be kept although I'm not sure if this would fool the assessment of time of death. Has anyone checked the video where Lazaray was killed to see if his left hand was missing? Also, Syd was told that Lazaray was her friend and to trrust him.
You can tell whether a severed hand was severed before or after death (pre- or post-mortem) by several reliable means, and you can also then "date" that hand, determine how long it's been decomposing, and thus tell when it was severed.

From what I saw, they first determined the hand was severed no more than four months ago, then they discovered it had been severed pre-mortem (when Lazaray was still alive), which means he was alive four months ago. I gather from the reactions that in "Alias-world", proving Lazaray was still alive four months ago means she could not have done it.